Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #31
Godfather
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 6,041
Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
your just hating on every aspect. u say that philly has no shooters, then u see that they signed kareem rush. it doesnt even matter that he shot 38% from beyond the arc last year, now that he plays for the sixers, hes just some loser, right? let me guess, your a bitter knicks fan.

Because this makes sense.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 AM   #32
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
your just hating on every aspect. u say that philly has no shooters, then u see that they signed kareem rush. it doesnt even matter that he shot 38% from beyond the arc last year, now that he plays for the sixers, hes just some loser, right? let me guess, your a bitter knicks fan.

Huh?

Philly has no outside shooters. Just because they add Rush doesn't change that fact. This is CLEARLY an "oh **** we still don't have a shooter and just used all our money on Brand so let's just throw the minimum to anyone still available" type of move. Do you honestly think he is going to peel time away from Iggy or Miller during important stretches of the game? This guy is as streaky as they come and the fact that he couldn't find PT on an offense starved Bobcats team should give flashing red lights but you refuse to acknowledge my posts without bias.

If you guys had signed someone like James Posey, someone who can actually play SF I might add, it would be a different argument as he only strengthens your perimeter defense even further (as if you guys needed that) and provides good consistent shooting from outside. He also plays well in the playoffs as you may or may not have observed during his title runs in Miami and Boston.

But no. You guys sign a bonafide scrub in Kareem Rush, someone who plays the same position of your "future stud", and you act like this move was Godsend and that you'll now have no problems scoring from beyond the arc. Get real.


And to clarify things. I am a Raptors and Phoenix fan. I'm not sure where the Knicks reference came from.

Last edited by Prodigy : 07-29-2008 at 02:27 AM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:25 AM   #33
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,989
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Because this makes sense.
the fact that u cant read also makes sense. take a glance @ my last post genius, the one directed @ u.

Last edited by iggy> : 07-29-2008 at 03:17 AM.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 AM   #34
tikay00
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 331
tikay00 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
I'm not sure where all the Philly hype is coming from. Cool they got Brand but they still don't have shooters and if teams play smart and pack the paint I honestly don't see them shooting over 45% or scoring over 105 points. The only pure shooter they had in Korver they threw him away and then released Gordan immediately. Shedding contracts is nice and all but this team does not have the right build.

Brand has been a bonafide loser his entire life with the only exception coming from the year a healthy Sam Cassel was his starting point. He has not shown that he can lead a team when the defenses key in on him and there is nobody else on the Sixers that can take over the scoring load when the pressure is on except for perhaps Miller in bright spots. When Iggy is your supposed future you know you're going to be in for rough stretches over the next few years of your franchise especially when they aren't tanking shamelessly like the Heat, Wolves, Grizzlies, and Sonics.

Sixers overachieve last year, land Brand, and all of a sudden they're an EC powerhouse? Nevermind the fact that they're in cap hell for the next 5 years with no visible signs of improvement pending. They're going to be stuck in mediocrity and first round exits for a long long time.





Cleveland is also a sinking ship. They're good enough to advance to the second round or even the ECF, but not good enough to win it all. Z is definately not as young as he was two weeks ago and I only see him slowing down more and more. Ben Wallace as we all know is nothing more than a roleplayer now who really isn't much better than Varejao. Their lone bright spot is Lebron, but we have all seen that even as good as he plays in the post season he cannot carry this entire team by himself.



Orlando will be good as soon as their wings get better. They really should have tried to gun for TJ Ford or another quality point gaurd because Nelson's play, while decent in the playoffs, is really not starter quality on a serious team that wants to contend. Their outside shooting is fine enough with their PF and SF positions spreading the floor so well for Howard to dominate the middle with sheer athleticism alone. They are the sole team in the group with the most upside in the few coming years.



Toronto will be a decent team. How good they become however depends on Bargnani's development. Most of their players have peaked already and I don't believe that at their current level they can make it past the second round. Calderon's defense will never become better nor will his ability to raise his teammates' play. Bosh and Jermaine are solid in the middle and have the best 1-2 punch at C and PF in the whole league. However, their wings are weak and with the departure of some players (Ford, Delfino) their bench is not as deep as it once was. Hopefully Roko will live up to the hype that was bestowed upon him three years ago when he was first drafted and replace Calderon's role as the super sub off the bench. Bryan definately has his work cut out for him if he wants this team to actually become a contender in the near future. As it stands this team is merely a B- team.


So for the ranking of teams right now this would be how it goes.

Cleveland (7/10 but Lebron makes up for missing points)
Orlando (7.5/10 overall a decent team and will improve with better chemistry and playmaking)*
Toronto (7/10 has yet to show that they can do anything right in the playoffs)
Philly (6.5/10 all hype and will be a dissapointment this year imo)

*Note that even though Orlando has a higher number rating than Cleveland, they are rated lower. This is due to Orlando being an overall better team on paper but not as dominant in the post season. Maybe I am underrating Cleveland as they do play great team defense and crash the boards which I value a lot but when I look at their roster I see no future.


For the ranking of teams over the next 5 years it would look something like this

Orlando
Toronto
Philly
Cleveland (when LBJ inevitably leaves for a better run team)
prodigy you are the man i've been tryin to tell fools like posterize for the longest time. That sixers dick rider.
tikay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:29 AM   #35
Godfather
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The United States of America
Posts: 6,041
Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
it also makes sense that u cant read. take a glance @ my last post genius, the one directed @ u.

I am done replying to your posts (after this). It is obvious you are too flustered to type properly.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #36
tikay00
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 331
tikay00 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

phillys arent going anywhere period. point. blank. Just be realistic. You need at least 2 all stars and other good players to even get past the 1st round let a lone a chip. The sixer do not have anything that other legit teams have. If anything the sixers are lucky to get a 5th spot in the east. Seriously unless iggy gets a jumper, ya'll screwed ya selves.
tikay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:33 AM   #37
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,989
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Huh?

Philly has no outside shooters. Just because they add Rush doesn't change that fact. This is CLEARLY an "oh **** we still don't have a shooter and just used all our money on Brand so let's just throw the minimum to anyone still available" type of move. Do you honestly think he is going to peel time away from Iggy or Miller during important stretches of the game? This guy is as streaky as they come and the fact that he couldn't find PT on an offense starved Bobcats team should give flashing red lights but you refuse to acknowledge my posts without bias.

If you guys had signed someone like James Posey it would be a different argument as he only strengthens your perimeter defense even further (as if you guys needed that) and provides good consistent shooting from outside. He also plays well in the playoffs as you may or may not have observed during his title runs in Miami and Boston.

But no. You guys sign a bonafide scrub in Kareem Rush and you act like this move was Godsend and that you'll now have no problems scoring from beyond the arc. Get real.


And to clarify things. I am a Raptors and Phoenix fan. I'm not sure where the Knicks reference came from.
u said that the sixers lacked OUTSIDE SHOOTING! kareem rush is AN OUTSIDE SHOOTER! yet they still dont improve by bringing someone in who helps address this problem? im not saying that he makes the sixers favorites in east but he is definitely an improvement.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:35 AM   #38
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,989
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
I am done replying to your posts (after this). It is obvious you are too flustered to type properly.
sure......whatever u say
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:39 AM   #39
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
u said that the sixers lacked OUTSIDE SHOOTING! kareem rush is AN OUTSIDE SHOOTER! yet they still dont improve by bringing someone in who helps address this problem? im not saying that he makes the sixers favorites in east but he is definitely an improvement.


Okay. We need to get on the same page here. How many minutes do you see Kareem Rush playing in important games? I can tell you right now that anything under 20 minutes is not going to work. The reason why the Spurs were so successful after signing Barry when everyone said they couldn't shoot was because they could slide Duncan over to Center at whim and either play Parker, Manu, Finley, Horry, or Barry on the wings to open up the floor. You guys are not sliding Brand over to the center position so that already limits one of the slots available to you guys to have a shooter in. So you are left with positions 1-3. Miller is not a good shooter. Iggy has improved but is still largely inconsistent. I'm not sure who you guys are playing at SF this season but none of your options are a reliable offensive threat yet.

The point I am trying to make is that even if Kareem Rush plays 30 mpg he is still the lone "shooter" out there, not spreading the floor enough for you guys. And this totally disregarding the fact that HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH to warrant 30 mpg in any game that matters to you guys. He is clearly a guy that will ride the the pine for eternity until garbage time comes and then he'll shoot 1-4 while going 1-2 from three on an average night.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:46 AM   #40
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,989
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Okay. We need to get on the same page here. How many minutes do you see Kareem Rush playing in important games? I can tell you right now that anything under 20 minutes is not going to work. The reason why the Spurs were so successful after signing Barry when everyone said they couldn't shoot was because they could slide Duncan over to Center at whim and either play Parker, Manu, Finley, Horry, or Barry on the wings to open up the floor. You guys are not sliding Brand over to the center position so that already limits one of the slots available to you guys to have a shooter in. So you are left with positions 1-3. Miller is not a good shooter. Iggy has improved but is still largely inconsistent. I'm not sure who you guys are playing at SF this season but none of your options are a reliable offensive threat yet.

The point I am trying to make is that even if Kareem Rush plays 30 mpg he is still the lone "shooter" out there, not spreading the floor enough for you guys. And this totally disregarding the fact that HE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH to warrant 30 mpg in any game that matters to you guys. He is clearly a guy that will ride the the pine for eternity until garbage time comes and then he'll shoot 1-4 while going 1-2 from three on an average night.
well that statement is totally false as lou williams is still our best 3 point shooter even with rush on the team.

and seeing as no one on the sixers hardly ever warranted a double team last year, with brand here, there will be alot more open jumpshots, so the team's all around shooting will improve somewhat just from that aspect.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:52 AM   #41
Prodigy
Diaw Fan
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: VanCity
Posts: 1,758
Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
well that statement is totally false as lou williams is still our best 3 point shooter even with rush on the team.

and seeing as no one on the sixers hardly ever warranted a double team last year, with brand here, there will be alot more open jumpshots, so the team's all around shooting will improve somewhat just from that aspect.

Yes... So good that he shot 22% in the playoffs. Nevermind the fact that he is a combo guard and will not take significant playing time away from Miller and Iggy.


Just to sum up everything that I've written.

The Sixers are a decent team.
The Sixers are not a power house team.
The Sixers will not advance past the first round.
The Sixers will be stuck winning ~40 games over the next 5 seasons.

Life will suck.

I could be wrong, but this is how I see it and how most rational fans will as well.

Last edited by Prodigy : 07-29-2008 at 02:56 AM.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 03:13 AM   #42
iggy>
happy tanksgiving
 
iggy>'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: North Philly
Posts: 3,989
iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Yes... So good that he shot 22% in the playoffs. Nevermind the fact that he is a combo guard and will not take significant playing time away from Miller and Iggy.

Just to sum up everything that I've written.

The Sixers are a decent team.
The Sixers are not a power house team.
The Sixers will not advance past the first round.
The Sixers will be stuck winning ~40 games over the next 5 seasons.

Life will suck.

I could be wrong, but this is how I see it and how most rational fans will as well.
hes our sixth man now so he should be getting a good amount of minutes, especially since ed stefanski doesnt expect miller back next year. (i think lou shot 40% from beyond the arc during the season for what its worth)

and 40 wins the next five years? so your saying elton brand doesnt improve this team at all? (07-08 sixers=40-42)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
but this is how I see it and how most rational fans will as well
"rational fans" yea cause your the most rational fan on this board
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:53 AM   #43
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,698
sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

ok watever point is Toronto lost a good backup in Delfino, their bench consists of Ukic, Kapono/Moon, and Bargnani. That's terrible. You are putting all of your eggs into one basket by hoping Jermaine stays healthy...don't hold your breath on that one. Even if healthy, he isn't what he used to be. Calderon was spectacular last year for a good stretch, but he's never had to shoulder the whole load for an entire season. They don't play a lick of defense, and LeBron would tear them to shreads in a series...who's going to guard him AT ALL? Moon? i could throw his a$$ around...and Kapono or Parker? give me a break. Toronto is easily the worst team out of these 4...and Washington is better as well.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:58 AM   #44
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star
 
sixerfan3511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,698
sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

but i will say that "Iggy" you are wrong in saying Williams is still our best 3 point shooter even with Rush here. Rush has a career average of 36%, which is what Lou shot last year, with far less attempts. He's now our 2nd best shooter. But for the other guy to use the playoff stats as the barometer...that's just ignorant. A couple years ago Korver shot horribly vs Detroit in the playoffs, but nobody debated who our best 3 point shooter was
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:11 AM   #45
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star
 
BankShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,351
BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Cleveland, Orlando, Philadelphia, Toronto
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:21 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy