Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #16
Koop1
Great young streetballer

Koop1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Orlando vs Philadelphia vs Toronto vs Cleveland

Toronto is WAYYYY to weak on the wing, and in the post behind Jermaine and Bosh
Their Wing is absolutely atrocious
Koop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 AM   #17
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
.....then u woke up

Great argument. I am pleased that you are able to express why I was wrong so intellectually.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:47 AM   #18
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
You're delusional.

When the Raptors were healthy, we got damn close to winning 50 games the season before last. If we can't defend on the inside, we can't defend on the wing, and we can't defend the dribble, then how the **** did that happen?

You are essentialy saying the Raptors can't guard anywhere.

We couldn't guard inside, thats why we picked up JO. one of the top defensive big men in the NBA. We had no centers before, that was our biggest weakness. Now we have JO, and Bosh can play PF. The single game Bosh played PF against Orlando he dropped 39 and got 15 boards.

Toronto isn't a perfect team by anymeans, but the last real weakness we have is on the wing. Thats it.

I would put my Money on this years Toronto team over this years Cav's any day of the week.

Id take that action . I envision with LeBron's improved outside game next year and more playing time with his teamates the Cav's will run over the Raps. JO is one of the biggest health risks, many don't expect him to get 65+ games.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:48 AM   #19
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Brand has been a bonafide loser his entire life with the only exception coming from the year a healthy Sam Cassel was his starting point.
You can't seriously be implying that Sam Cassell was more of a reason for the Clippers success than Brand. Elton Brand had a huge year and was the primary reason the Clippers made it to the playoffs. He was their best scorer and best defensive player. Brand takes WAY too much heat for not being able to solely carry his teams to the playoffs. How many players outside of Lebron, Duncan and Kobe have that ability in the NBA?

Quote:
Toronto will be a decent team. How good they become however depends on Bargnani's development

Somehow I doubt the Raptors success hinges on a role-player who will get at most 20-25 minutes per game.

Things more important to the Raptors success:
- Bosh's health
- O'Neal's health
- Can Calderon play an effective 82 game season with 35+ minutes per game?
- Parker further slowing down like he did last season.
- Roko Ukic as the backup PG and possibly backup SG
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 01:54 AM   #20
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
You're delusional.

When the Raptors were healthy, we got damn close to winning 50 games the season before last. If we can't defend on the inside, we can't defend on the wing, and we can't defend the dribble, then how the **** did that happen?

You are essentialy saying the Raptors can't guard anywhere.

We couldn't guard inside, thats why we picked up JO. one of the top defensive big men in the NBA. We had no centers before, that was our biggest weakness. Now we have JO, and Bosh can play PF. The single game Bosh played PF against Orlando he dropped 39 and got 15 boards.

Toronto isn't a perfect team by anymeans, but the last real weakness we have is on the wing. Thats it.

I would put my Money on this years Toronto team over this years Cav's any day of the week.

Excuse me? Do you actually watch any Raptors games? Yes I AM saying that they cannot guard any position on the floor against elite players and it has shown year after year when teams bend us over and rape us in the post season. Any true Raptors fan will tell you the same.

Yes, O'neal is definately an upgrade for us in the middle and perhaps now the middle won't be so weak but that still doesn't alleviate our problems on the wings. In the East there is only one dominant center and his name is Dwight Howard. Pitched against any other of the 7 teams in the playoffs who thrive from their wing positions and we'll get pummeled the same way we always do. Our only real hope is to limit their role players and try to outscore their star players.

I am pretty sure you have not watched any Raptors games the past couple seasons because if you did you would know how piss poor we are against dribble penetration and how bad our team defense is. We are already screwed 1-3 as Jose is torribad defensively, Parker is decent but by no means a lockdown defender, and Moon is overrated defensively, relying mainly on his athleticism to get hustle blocks and steals but not being able to shut anyone down individually. At the PF we have Bosh who is okay man to man and decent with his help D. He will however still get punished by more physical players inside (thankfully he won't have to guard Dwight anymore) and quicker players outside (we watched Lewis torch him in key playoff games). O'neal is fine defensively but he is one man.

And if I was able to meet you face to face I'd lay down 500 dollars right now on the Cavs over a seven game series.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:58 AM   #21
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
You can't seriously be implying that Sam Cassell was more of a reason for the Clippers success than Brand. Elton Brand had a huge year and was the primary reason the Clippers made it to the playoffs. He was their best scorer and best defensive player. Brand takes WAY too much heat for not being able to solely carry his teams to the playoffs. How many players outside of Lebron, Duncan and Kobe have that ability in the NBA?

Somehow I doubt the Raptors success hinges on a role-player who will get at most 20-25 minutes per game.

Things more important to the Raptors success:
- Bosh's health
- O'Neal's health
- Can Calderon play an effective 82 game season with 35+ minutes per game?
- Parker further slowing down like he did last season.
- Roko Ukic as the backup PG and possibly backup SG

Yes I can. Cassel is a game changer. He might not be your number one guy but he is a fearless floor general and is always the one making the clutch plays. Garnett was nothing prior to Cassel. Brand ditto. If Brand was so good why could none of his teams make the playoffs prior to Cassel's arrival?

Wolves prior to Cassel - perennial first round exit
Wolves with Cassel healthy - WCF but failed to advance when he went down with an injury
Wolves after Cassel - lottery

Clippers prior to Cassel - lottery
Clippers with healthy Cassel - WC semis in a hard fought 7 game series with the most remarkable team I've ever witnessed. Yes I am talking about the 05-06 Suns that played much larger than they were and were most inspiring.)
Clippers after Cassel - lottery

Are we seeing a trend here?

I was already assuming the Raptors would be healthy. If they are healthy they are a solid team that advances in the playoffs every year. But if they want to further advance Bargnani will need to develop into a reliable player that can average 14/7 off the bench over 25 minutes and play solid D inside. It may sound far fetched but let's face it, the idea of the Raptors making it to the Finals is also quite far fetched.

I also do not think it would be such a good idea to feed Calderon 35+ minutes a game. I think 30-32 should be about tops unless it's a close and important game. He will definately wear down over the season if we overplay him and he has already shown that he does not perform well in the playoffs with a reduced role. What would happen if we run him full steam as the starting point over the course of an 82 game season?

Last edited by Prodigy : 07-29-2008 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:02 AM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Great argument. I am pleased that you are able to express why I was wrong so intellectually.
what can i say? your views are so dumb, theres no need for an explanation.
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 02:04 AM   #23
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

He has a point though Brand improved dramatically after the PG change. However I do think he will have an easier time in the East.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:07 AM   #24
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Quote:

Okay then buddy way to set aside personal bias and not settle for personal attacks. I have nothing more to say to you.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:08 AM   #25
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Okay then buddy way to set aside personal bias and not settle for personal attacks. I have nothing more to say to you.
good, keep your ignorant comments to yourself.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:09 AM   #26
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
good, keep your ignorant comments to yourself.

Why don't you provide an intelligent rebutle instead of just saying he is wrong.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:11 AM   #27
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Why don't you provide an intelligent rebutle instead of just saying he is wrong.
why dont u hop off his genitalia? this has nothing to do with u tard.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:12 AM   #28
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

To further enhance my argument, the Sixers FO sign Kareem Rush of all people to the team. When your only hope for outside shooting rests on a player that could not consistently find time anywhere in the league you know you are going to have problems on offense. They might do okay in the regular seasons but when they creep into the playoffs teams are going to punish them by packing the paint.

It'll be like watching the Cavs play when their shooters aren't on and all good teams have to do is limit Lebron. Except you don't have Lebron. You have Brand and Igoudala.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:13 AM   #29
Godfather
Banned

Quote:
why dont u hop off his genitalia? this has nothing to do with u tard.

Now you are acting like a ****ing homer. Even with Brand healthy the 76ers do not have a legitemate outside game. This will exploited by every team in the playoffs, as teams double team Brand in the paint with no fear of reprecussions.

Last edited by Godfather : 07-29-2008 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 02:16 AM   #30
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

Quote:
To further enhance my argument, the Sixers FO sign Kareem Rush of all people to the team. When your only hope for outside shooting rests on a player that could not consistently find time anywhere in the league you know you are going to have problems on offense. They might do okay in the regular seasons but when they creep into the playoffs teams are going to punish them by packing the paint.

It'll be like watching the Cavs play when their shooters aren't on and all good teams have to do is limit Lebron. Except you don't have Lebron. You have Brand and Igoudala.
your just hating on every aspect. u say that philly has no shooters, then u see that they signed kareem rush. it doesnt even matter that he shot 38% from beyond the arc last year, now that he plays for the sixers, hes just some loser, right? let me guess, your a bitter knicks fan.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: