Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The US Olympic Team Starting Lineup

pg- Kidd
sg- Kobe
sf- LeBron
pf- Carmelo
C- Howard

Does anyone disagree with this lineup? Like say...DWill or CP3 should start over Kidd. Or that Bosh/Boozer should start over Anthony for more size. Possibly playing LeBron at pf and put Redd in the starting lineup for shooting?

I agree with the lineup...just wanted to know if anyone else doesn't like it.

By the way...USA vs. Canada, 8pm ET, Friday. ESPN
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: The US Olympic Team Starting Lineup

I like the Line up. Melo doesnt play defense so at times i want bosh or boozer.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
I like the Line up. Melo doesnt play defense so at times i want bosh or boozer.
that wont fix the defense
Old 07-21-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Melo is the ideal 4 at FIBA rules and competition. lineup is fine, that is until if Kobe starts chucking for no reason.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #5
Sicko

I would replace Kidd with Paul.
If Lebron and Melo are both gonna start then Lebron should play the 4.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:17 PM   #6
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

AppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputationAppleNader has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicko
I would replace Kidd with Paul.
If Lebron and Melo are both gonna start then Lebron should play the 4.

how many Team USA games have you watched in the past 2 years?

Mike K already tried Lebron at the 4 during the 06 worlds. He is an even worse post player (both on offense and on defense) than Carmelo Anthony. Lebron was moved to his natural wing position later on, where he had much more success.
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
Sicko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
how many Team USA games have you watched in the past 2 years?

Mike K already tried Lebron at the 4 during the 06 worlds. He is an even worse post player (both on offense and on defense) than Carmelo Anthony. Lebron was moved to his natural wing position later on, where he had much more success.
I know Lebron has a bad post game but he cleans the boards alot better than Melo does.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Knowledge
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Knowledge has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
that wont fix the defense

Bosh and Boozer won't help the D!?!? you sure about that?

Anyways, that starting line up is nice the way it is. Kidd or CP3 starting, I ain't mad either way - and they'll get wins either way. Still, CP3 in that line up is pretty much as good as it gets period.
Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:16 PM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowledge
Bosh and Boozer won't help the D!?!? you sure about that?

Anyways, that starting line up is nice the way it is. Kidd or CP3 starting, I ain't mad either way - and they'll get wins either way. Still, CP3 in that line up is pretty much as good as it gets period.

Boozer is notoriously ineffective on defense
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:49 PM   #10
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Melo should be a starter

I agree with these line ups...I dont think Bron or Melo can get overpowered by international players
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #11
Knowledge
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Knowledge has an OK reputation so far

Actually with Boozer I was thinkin of him cleanin up the defensive glass and being some sorta presence down low. You cant tell me Bosh wont play D.

Still, I'd start Melo over both.
Knowledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 PM   #12
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Melo should be a starter

I agree with these line ups...I dont think Bron or Melo can get overpowered by international players

someone hasnt watched much international basketball because they can and will be overpowered by Spain and Greece in the opening section. Wish they would have just brough a normal sized power forward like Haslem or something. Not every played had to be a star.

Coach K's arrogance will be the downfall of Team USA

I think you gotta go with

Kidd
Kobe
Melo
Boozer
Howard

then let Bron man the next unit. That way you dont have too many playmakers on the floor. Melo provides anothe shooter and finisher from the wing. Only bad thing is that there is only 3 bigs?? makes no sense
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #13
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

isn't howard out? with a sternum problem? or did i misread that
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:21 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he's fine now
Old 07-21-2008, 09:22 PM   #15
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

he is better now...so they say?

But it would make too much sense to cut a guard and bring another big in case of reinjury

We really need Wade there along with 10 other ball dominate players instead a big man..
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: