Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
TmacsRockets
Banned

Default What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

Topic from another site as well.

What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

NOTE: These are teams that are potential contenders and that he may actually go to.

Going to Orlando and playing SG?
PG Nelson
SG Maggette if not Maggette then Evans starts
SF Hedo
PF Lewis
C Dwight

Going to Dallas and playing SG?
PG Kidd
SG Maggette if not Maggette than either Terry, Stackhouse or Jones starts
SF Josh
PF Dirk
C Diop/Dampier

Going to San Antonio and playing SG?
PG Parker
SG Maggette if not Maggette then Finley starts with Manu off the bench
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Thomas

Going to New Orleans and playing SG?
PG Paul
SG Maggette if not Maggette then Mo Pete starts
SF Peja
PF West
C Chandler

Going to Houston and playing SF or 6th man?
PG Rafer
SG T-mac
SF Battier or Corey Maggette
PF Scola
C Yao
6th man - Corey Maggette. Not sure if he went to Houston if he would start at SF or be the 6th man.

Going to Boston and being the 6th man?
PG Rondo
SG Ray
SF Pierce
PF Garnett
C Perkins
6th man - Corey Maggette

Going to LA Lakers and playing SF or 6th man?
PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Odom or Corey Maggette
PF Gasol
C Bynum
6th man - Corey Maggette Not sure if he went to the LA Lakers if he would start at SF or be the 6th man.

Going to Phoenix and playing SF

PG Nash
SG Bell
SF Corey Maggette
PF Amare
C Shaq

Going to UTAH and playing SG

PG Deron
SG Corey Maggette
SF Ak-47
PF Boozer
C Okur

Going to Toronto and playing SF

PG Calderon
SG Parker
SF Corey Maggette
PF Bosh
C JO
TmacsRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Default Re: What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

Orlando, New Orleans, Utah (who he signed an offer sheet with last time he was a fa) in that order
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Default Re: What team would Corey Maggette help more to excel to the next level?

Spurs become the best team with Maggette bc they are already a superior team and he fills a void at that shooting guard position
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #4
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

He could go to cleveland.

Pg-delonte
Sg-corey
Sf-lebron
Pf-ben
C-z
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star

Im predicting he will go to the spurs here our orginization doesnt let players dangle us around hes most likely already talked to us and hes just waiting to announce it. if not then its between orlando and warriors. boston will resign posey
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:58 PM   #6
niko
I Run NY.

He's a guy who can't run a set offense, can't (won't?) take direction well, and likes to shoot when he wants to shoot. how exactly he fits with SA is beyond me.

He would make the biggest difference in SA or BOS IF they use him as a 6th man. If you try to use him as a starter, whatever he gives you, he gives back in defense or in whatever he'll take from your other starters.

Maggette as a starter is best if you need a 3 BADLY and you need them to score and your offense is free flowing, and not based on set plays.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:16 PM   #7
zadok
I hit open layups

Chicago.
zadok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
e20dyl4n
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
He's a guy who can't run a set offense, can't (won't?) take direction well, and likes to shoot when he wants to shoot. how exactly he fits with SA is beyond me.

He would make the biggest difference in SA or BOS IF they use him as a 6th man. If you try to use him as a starter, whatever he gives you, he gives back in defense or in whatever he'll take from your other starters.

Maggette as a starter is best if you need a 3 BADLY and you need them to score and your offense is free flowing, and not based on set plays.

you would be suprised what a talented player can do in a winning envirnonment.
e20dyl4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:30 PM   #9
TmacsRockets
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by e20dyl4n
Im predicting he will go to the spurs here our orginization doesnt let players dangle us around hes most likely already talked to us and hes just waiting to announce it. if not then its between orlando and warriors. boston will resign posey

He should go to Houston or Utah or Phoenix or New Orleans. He will start at SF or SG at any one of them and they all are contenders.
TmacsRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Nelson
Maggette/Lee
Hedo
Lewis
Howard

That's a scoring machine
Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #11
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

Quote:
Going to Toronto and playing SF

PG Calderon
SG Parker
SF Corey Maggette
PF Bosh
C JO

I think that team has a legit shot at a title. You have the twin towers in Bosh and JO, a wrecker in Maggette and two of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA.

That team is a great defensive team, ton of offense and a nice mix of veterans and youngings.

Then you come with:

Kapono and Bargnani for MORE offense.
Moon for defense.
Humphries is serviceable and Jawai will probably help in little spurts.

Then you hit 'em with Joey G for a good laugh.

I really think they could challenge the aging Celtics. A lot of it depends on JO's health, but I think Maggette should consider the potential of helping take a team to legit title contendership. I know it's Canada and that scares some people off, but it's also a large market with a country of 30+ million people supporting it.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I think that team has a legit shot at a title. You have the twin towers in Bosh and JO, a wrecker in Maggette and two of the best 3 point shooters in the NBA.

That team is a great defensive team, ton of offense and a nice mix of veterans and youngings.

Then you come with:

Kapono and Bargnani for MORE offense.
Moon for defense.
Humphries is serviceable and Jawai will probably help in little spurts.

Then you hit 'em with Joey G for a good laugh.

I really think they could challenge the aging Celtics. A lot of it depends on JO's health, but I think Maggette should consider the potential of helping take a team to legit title contendership. I know it's Canada and that scares some people off, but it's also a large market with a country of 30+ million people supporting it.
Sorry to break the news to ya, that team isn't winning a title.
Old 07-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #13
bladefd
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Spurs become the best team with Maggette bc they are already a superior team and he fills a void at that shooting guard position

What void? I thought Spurs had Manu?

Here's my opinion. Maggette with the following teams from the ones listed up top(btw, you forgot about Pistons but it doesn't matter. Maggette won't start over Rip or Prince unless if 1 of them are traded):

Orlando - For sure. They need another consistent scorer and Maggette is great.

Dallas - Forget Dallas. They have just as good SG with Terry/Stackhouse duo. Maggette is just an extra and unless if they plan on trading away Terry for a better piece, Maggette really doesn't help out much.

San Antonio - Forget Spurs. They have the Ginobili/Finley duo. Maggette would be bench-warming more than half of the game unless if Spurs take Bowen out of the game more often or give some of Manu's minutes to Maggette, which I wouldn't do.

New Orleans - Definitely helps them out greatly. Mo Pete is a great player but he just isn't as consistent as Maggette. Mo Pete as a 6th man coming off the bench is exactly what NO needs. Their bench isn't that strong and Maggette would strengthen it by moving Mo Pete to the bench.

Houston - People might think it doesn't help them much since they have Battier but with T-Mac getting injured almost every season, they NEED a backup badly. Maggette would most likely be the 6th man until T-Mac gets hurt in the middle of the season.

Boston - He doesn't help them as much as Posey. They need to get Posey back for his defense. Maggette isn't that great of a defender and really doesn't fill in the backup defense role that they lose with Posey. 3 superstars = more than enough for scoring and numbers.

Lakers - Maggette doesn't fill that defensive presence needed by LA. They got plenty of scorers. Maggette really wouldn't help much unless if Lakers figure out a way to get rid of Radman/Walton. Maggette as a 6th man wouldn't be bad if those 2 scrubs are gone.

Phoenix - Maggette over Grant Hill? IMO, Grant is a better defender than Maggette(not by much). They have a different coach now so I dunno if they will still run the fast offense like with D'antoni. They might change playing styles with new coach and that can make a difference. I think Maggette is good enough to play both styles decently but Hill may be slightly better in the D'Antoni system. Hill is getting old so Maggette could help extend their window by a couple more seasons.

Utah - Helps them for sure. They need a decent SG and Maggette fills that need. Korver/Brewer aren't bad though at the SG. Maggette doesn't help them out as much as couple of the other teams but he does help.

Toronto - I would start Maggette over Parker and bring in Kapono for the 3. It helps the Raptors out a lot. I think they can get far in playoffs with Maggette in their starting 5.

Team that benefits the most from this: toss-up between Orlando, NO, Toronto. Orlando would probably reach the eastern conference finals in playoffs, NO would be in the possible championship talks with him, Toronto would make playoffs for sure and get out of first round(If JO is healthy and playing good, they could make the eastern conference finals).

Last edited by bladefd : 07-08-2008 at 03:48 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:04 PM   #14
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

New orleans - would be best for him. Mo pete isnt the same player anymore

Toronto - Caldy , Corey, Moon , Bosh, J'o has a good shot but not to win it all

Spurs- would be good to start so that manu can be the 6th man of the year again.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:43 PM   #15
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

Phoenix, the land where swingmen can show their wares.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: