Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Beasely drops 28/9 in first Summer League game.

Including 12 FT's and a NBA 3 pointer.

Just warmin' up.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Beasely drops 28/9 in first Summer League game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Including 12 FT's and a NBA 3 pointer.

Just warmin' up.

Beasely > Jordan, Bird, Magic COMBINED.

Relax it's just summer league... I think Adam Morrison looked good there too before.
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Beasley ( With a Cracked Sternum) > Kevin Love
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
72-10
Good High School Starter

72-10 has an OK reputation so far

they play so much defense in those summer leagues, you know
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:41 AM   #5
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lonny Baxter(MVP), Qyntel Williams(28ppg), Jason Kapono(MVP), Devin Brown, Curtis Borchardt(summerleague first team), Bo Outlaw(about 30ppg...including a 40/25 game and a quadruple double), Nikoloz Tskitishvili(first team), Ricky Davis(a 50 point triple double I think) and Maciej Lampe(first team) all destroyed the summer leagues. Lebron averaged under 16 a game. The summer is a good look at some young guys but history doesnt show much to suggest that dominance there means anything in the NBA.

That said...wouldnt suprise me if Beasley won the rookie of the year. I doubt it would even suprise Paxon.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 07-08-2008 at 05:44 AM.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:42 AM   #6
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Here is the boxscore:

http://www.nba.com/media/magic/Game_2_Box_Score.pdf
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:43 AM   #7
72-10
Good High School Starter

72-10 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit

How did you get a link that's so official?
72-10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:47 AM   #8
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72-10
How did you get a link that's so official?

It's from the Magic NBA.com side.

http://www.nba.com/magic/news/sl_stats.html
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:54 AM   #9
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

the thing with summer league is that if you kick ass in it, it doesn't mean sh!t.

however, if you suck in it, then you probably do suck.

all the guys who have sucked in summer leagues (darko, kwame brown) have ended up sucking even more in the nba.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:08 AM   #10
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryHuman Error posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

To be honest I was disappointed by Beasley's performance. He did score 28 points but he needed to shoot 21 times, and only made 9 out of them. But at the same time, I was pleased because he didn't really seem to have a trouble scoring against Joakim Noah or Tyrus Thomas who're the NBA PFs.

As for Beasley's position in the NBA, the team already announced that they're playing Beasley exclusively at 4 so I don't think it's an issue anymore. Of course he'll see some time at 3, but he's a 4.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 AM   #11
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Agreed. Didn't like the fact that he shot so much, though I'm sure he's just trying to find his touch. Like you said, it was good to see the scoring come to him naturally. Though I was more impressed with Mario "Superintendent" Chalmers.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:12 AM   #12
Collie
Good college starter

Collie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this boardCollie is popular on this board

Deron Williams averaged about 9 pts and 3 apg in SL.
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #13
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Deron also shot 40% and was on an 8 foul per game rate. Luckily you cant foul out in the summer league.
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #14
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

28 points in 22 minutes tells me he's going to be something special.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #15
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Deron also shot 40% and was on an 8 foul per game rate. Luckily you cant foul out in the summer league.

I thought there was a 9 or 10 foul limit?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: