Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Imagine you were Gary Payton and...

you know that the sonics no longer exist,

and clay bennett owns the sonic memorabilia (including the retired jerseys),

what will you do for the retirement of your jersey?

gp is a first ballot HOFer...

your thoughts?
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #2
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board
Default Re: Imagine you were Gary Payton and...

I agree with Payton and Kemp
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdi0d1we72E
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

I'd refuse to attend or endorse any retirement ceremonies.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
BrianScalabrine
Banned

BrianScalabrine has an OK reputation so far

I will show up and say "I'm not a top 10 PG of all time, my D is overrated, thank you".
BrianScalabrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #5
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianScalabrine
I will show up and say "I'm not a top 10 PG of all time, my D is overrated, thank you".

Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no idea RBP, i was thinking about this excat thing the other day and i never came up with a good answer... this has created a new level of sports/sonics history limbo for the near future...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:28 AM   #7
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

50 years from now or whatever, he will be remembered as a homeboy from oklahoma.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
no idea RBP, i was thinking about this excat thing the other day and i never came up with a good answer... this has created a new level of sports/sonics history limbo for the near future...

unless we get the sonics back-- gp will never get the full honor he so much deserves as an nba great

i will ponder it a bit more...
Old 07-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
Vendetta
Banned

Vendetta has an OK reputation so far

Who the hell would want their number retired in a different city with the franchise sporting a new name? Lol.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:03 AM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta
Who the hell would want their number retired in a different city with the franchise sporting a new name? Lol.
Earl Monroe didn't mind when his Baltimore Bullets jersey was retired by the Washington Wizards.

Although the move was messy GP and SK will have to look past the fact they're in Oklahoma which will be years from now and accept it as being the Sonics Franchise instead of the OKC Franchise.

Or why not just invite the Sonics fans to Key Arena and retire their jerseys Larry Bird style.

I'm sure Clay Bennett can't take their banners with him.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

RBP that sounds like a good idea,if you know anybody with ties to the team or w/e you should suggest they do it as a special event with the fans being allowed to come inside Key Arena for one last time to watch it.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:11 AM   #12
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Earl Monroe didn't mind when his Baltimore Bullets jersey was retired by the Washington Wizards.
The difference is, it's the same franchise owned by the same guy and he didn't spurn a fanbase by moving the team a city over.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator

I'm sure Clay Bennett can't take their banners with him.

that is exactly the problem

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...31_soni06.html
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 PM   #14
mmsupra
MDOTM

mmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermmsupra is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianScalabrine

..fail
mmsupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #15
Revelation
The Fouler

Revelation has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pippen
I agree with Payton and Kemp
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Tdi0d1we72E

Seeing Payton and Kemp together brings back some good memories..
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: