Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 03:05 AM   #16
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Stripped of Sonics colors, logo, OKC starts over in summer league

Oh god, if you only heard the names the Summer League Commentators were coming up with yesterday, some of them were hilarious.

OKC Ostriches
Brokebackers
Cougars
Kevin Durant
Purple Panthers

to name a few.

They seemed to like the Thundercats in the end haha. They must have said about 30 different names!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:06 AM   #17
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
And They voted against the relocation. They will probably be my team.

Good point.
Myth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:23 AM   #18
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSwift31
And They voted against the relocation. They will probably be my team.

Originally Posted by Myth
Rooting for the Blazers makes the most sense:

- They are now the closest team to Seattle.

- Their coach is Mr. Sonic himself.

- Paul Allen has Seattle roots and also owns the Seattle Seahawks.

- Roy played 4 years at Washington.

- Webster grew up in and was drafted out of Seattle.

amen amen
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:37 PM   #19
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

I didn't know that the Blazers voted against the move - I had read an article that Mark Cuban was against it......does anyone know what teams voted for or against the move????
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #20
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
I didn't know that the Blazers voted against the move - I had read an article that Mark Cuban was against it......does anyone know what teams voted for or against the move????

Paul Allen and Mark Cuban are the only two who voted against the move.

It sounded as if both were fairly impassioned about their votes as well.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #21
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

I can understand why Allen voted against the move, but I think Cuban did because even before the Hornets temporarily moved to Oklahoma City, all of Oklahoma was considered part of the Mavericks' territory, since Dallas is the closest NBA city. In fact, if I remember right, the Hornets and NBA had to get Cuban's OK to move to OKC.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #22
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
I can understand why Allen voted against the move, but I think Cuban did because even before the Hornets temporarily moved to Oklahoma City, all of Oklahoma was considered part of the Mavericks' territory, since Dallas is the closest NBA city. In fact, if I remember right, the Hornets and NBA had to get Cuban's OK to move to OKC.

If Cuban OK'd the Hornets to OKC, why would he then vote against the Sonics move if it was purely for market reasons?
Old 07-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #23
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
What about the Mavs? We have an owner who wont stop till we end up as champs.

That's why the Mavs will never be champs......your owner never stops,..........fcuking up the team.

Has a good coach......runs him off, only to see the coach come back and knock his ass out of the playoffs.

Has a good young point, who could be a piece in the future........in a knee jerk reaction, trades him away along with two first round picks for a over the hill PG who can no longer guard other points in this league.

But on the flip side, acknowledges that there was a deal on the table for a Kobe and Dirk trade.......yet he turned it down.

Mark Cuban is an asshat, he'd be better off buying the Cubs.......now that's a sport where his dollars might actually be able to overcome his stupid decisions.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #24
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
If Cuban OK'd the Hornets to OKC, why would he then vote against the Sonics move if it was purely for market reasons?

Because Cuban knew the Hornets playing in OKC was just temporary and he would've looked completely heartless if he tried to stop a team from just trying to find a legit place to play during the clean up of one of the largest natural disasters in US history
Old 07-08-2008, 04:03 PM   #25
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Because Cuban knew the Hornets playing in OKC was just temporary and he would've looked completely heartless if he tried to stop a team from just trying to find a legit place to play during the clean up of one of the largest natural disasters in US history

I guess I just find it a little hard to believe that Cuban doesn't care about the money at all, until it comes to... Oklahoma.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #26
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
I guess I just find it a little hard to believe that Cuban doesn't care about the money at all, until it comes to... Oklahoma.

He does care about the money, that's why he didn't want the Sonics (or whatever the name of that team is) moving in on his turf.

It's the same reason why Jerry Jones never has and never will support SA getting a NFL team........that's cowboy country.

Last edited by TMac&Luther : 07-08-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #27
JordanL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
He does care about the money, that's why he didn't want the Sonics (or whatever the name of that team is) moving in on his turf.

It's the same reason why Jerry Jones never has and never will support SA getting a NFL team........that's cowboy country.

Right, he cares about money... that's why he's overpaid almost every player he's ever signed...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: