Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 10:44 PM   #1
BlogOFfatman

Default Stripped of Sonics colors, logo, OKC starts over in summer league

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477059

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The uniforms arrived in time, black mesh with white stripes along the sides, the words "Oklahoma City" across the front of the jersey and atop a simple NBA logo.

Around the bench, there was barely any SuperSonics green or gold in sight.

And with that, Oklahoma City's latest NBA storyline got off to a simple start.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:06 AM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Stripped of Sonics colors, logo, OKC starts over in summer league

black huh...

sounds like they are moving toward naming them the

okc raiders
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
black huh...

okc raiders
RBP, will you still root for Durant and co?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:12 AM   #4
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlogOFfatman
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3477059

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The uniforms arrived in time, black mesh with white stripes along the sides, the words "Oklahoma City" across the front of the jersey and atop a simple NBA logo.

Around the bench, there was barely any SuperSonics green or gold in sight.

And with that, Oklahoma City's latest NBA storyline got off to a simple start.

emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:13 AM   #5
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
black huh...

okc raiders
The color they wore today is not a preview of what there colors might be.

But hey, can you answer me this question. I was reading a blog on Truehoop that said Clay Bennett retains the rights to use the Sonics name/colors/history but doesn't intend to use them, saying he "will return them to the team if a team returns to Seattle in the term."

Is that true? If so it contridicts everything I thought I previously heard.

Heres the link

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...ic-Legacy.html
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 AM   #6
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

OKC Outlaws is the best option, in my opinion.

Should've just stayed in Seattle...
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #7
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
The color they wore today is not a preview of what there colors might be.

But hey, can you answer me this question. I was reading a blog on Truehoop that said Clay Bennett retains the rights to use the Sonics name/colors/history but doesn't intend to use them, saying he "will return them to the team if a team returns to Seattle in the term."

Is that true? If so it contridicts everything I thought I previously heard.

Heres the link

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/...ic-Legacy.html

it was the "shared history" part of settlement

this is what the seattle PI had this morning:

According to the agreement, if Seattle is granted an expansion team in the next five years, that franchise will share the Sonics' history with the Oklahoma City team.

If Seattle lands a team through relocation of an existing franchise, most likely the Oklahoma City team will retain sole possession of the Sonics history.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:19 AM   #8
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
RBP, will you still root for Durant and co?

i will root for ANYBODY that the OKC raiders play

even (and i cant believe i am writing this), kobe and the lakers

God forgive me!!!
Old 07-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:

God forgive me!!!
Come hang out in the Kings forum. We need some good posters like you.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:24 AM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

God forgive me!!!

I hope you come root for the Rockets.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 AM   #11
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Come hang out in the Kings forum. We need some good posters like you.

perhaps if they keep artest....

any word?
Old 07-08-2008, 01:32 AM   #12
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I hope you come root for the Rockets.

i am a big yao fan

but only if they trade alston will i consider it...
Old 07-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #13
BlogOFfatman

What about the Mavs? We have an owner who wont stop till we end up as champs.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:00 AM   #14
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rooting for the Blazers makes the most sense:

- They are now the closest team to Seattle.

- Their coach is Mr. Sonic himself.

- Paul Allen has Seattle roots and also owns the Seattle Seahawks.

- Roy played 4 years at Washington.

- Webster grew up in and was drafted out of Seattle.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:38 AM   #15
RobertSwift31
High School JV MVP

RobertSwift31 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Rooting for the Blazers makes the most sense:

- They are now the closest team to Seattle.

- Their coach is Mr. Sonic himself.

- Paul Allen has Seattle roots and also owns the Seattle Seahawks.

- Roy played 4 years at Washington.

- Webster grew up in and was drafted out of Seattle.

And They voted against the relocation. They will probably be my team.
RobertSwift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: