Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 PM   #31
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Brand house fore sale

Why on earth the Sixers are after Smith -who doesn't fills significant team needs, and whose contract the Hawks can simply match in the end- instead of Elton f*ckin Brand?
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #32
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Better than if they kept Baron Davis but didn't get Brand... so better than they have been the past couple years. Give me good interior D, scoring and rebounding over a good PG any day.
I,too,would take that. But I don't think he puts them over 48 wins.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #33
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He is probably feeling the squeeze and wants more land ....

Probably relocate to the hills - - lots of cheap land up there I heard.

-------------

He could just opt for some beach front
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:36 PM   #34
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

I'm sure he used his clairavoiant powers on June 5th to anticipate Baron Davis opting out 3 weeks later.

Or maybe he knew he was about to get paid and knew it was time to for Sterling to say "let me upgrade you".
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #35
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
Exactly, what do you even do with 100 million dollars? Throw it at strippers every night? Thats only about a million a year! Ivest it for retirement? Who needs 100 million?

Seriously, what would you do with it? Most of it will sit in the bank

Hell, John Q didn't even need $100 million

You guys are funny.

Most people in this world are greedy. The more money you have the more you want. I would never hate Elton just because he took more money to play elsewhere, shoot if he takes that money he has an extra 20M working in the bank. I don't know about you all, but some athletes are morons with their money, so you take everything you can get.

I dare a lot of people on this board to turn down 20M, most think they are humble now and would go for winning, but be that rich, you want more. Simple fact of life that most people fall under.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:46 PM   #36
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
I dare a lot of people on this board to turn down 20M, most think they are humble now and would go for winning, but be that rich, you want more. Simple fact of life that most people fall under.
Well, I'm not that rich, which would be the exact reason why I wouldn't turn down 20M

Not to say I'd turn them down if I'd had much more money, but I'd probably have the luxury to consider other factors -apart from winning- like what city I want my family to live in, etc.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #37
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Elton Brand puts Los Angeles house up for sale

Who cares? He still owns another house in LA[a bigger one too] and he can simply just want to sell this one because he hardly uses it? When he sells both his houses in Los Angeles then buys one in Oakland, then you can speculate all you want.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:05 AM   #38
PaperClip
:3

PaperClip has decent reputation

Uh, he listed the house on June 5.

... June 5.
PaperClip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:12 AM   #39
bumpyknucks
High School Varsity 12th Man

bumpyknucks is considered somewhat coolbumpyknucks is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
That's because you're not in his predicament. You will accept 60 million because chances are you will never see that much money in your life, but when you have an opportunity to make even more, you usually are tempted into taking it.

After he retires, he still has a good 30 years to live in this world and money will matter then. He can support not only his current family but his future family as well, money matters in this world.

Nice post
bumpyknucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 AM   #40
Killer_Instinct
And Another One

Killer_Instinct has an OK reputation so far

I was aware of this, and tried to put a down payment on it. Gary Coleman beat me to it. Wasn't that big anyway...
Killer_Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:02 AM   #41
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If you dont think Brand would help GS you are a fool. He fills their biggest hole, interior defense. Monta and Brand will make the playoffs before Baron and Monta.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 AM   #42
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

reminds me of when jermaine oneal bought a house in la
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #43
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
If Elton Brand goes to Golden State I will forever hate him.

He has been one of the most class players in the NBA since he came into the NBA and by him turning down winning in LA to make more money in a worse situation in Golden State would be disgusting to me.

Elton Brand doesn't make Golden State better.

Monta/Brand=40 wins
GSW no brand no davis=30 wins

GSW davis=48 wins

GSw brand=42 wins

they wouldnt make playoffs with or without him, so personally as a fan i say stay in LA we dont want you over here
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 AM   #44
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
GSW davis=48 wins

GSw brand=42 wins
So somehow Baron Davis is a more valuable player in this league than Elton Brand?

Huh?
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 AM   #45
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I doubt this has bearing on his decision. Cant say for sure, but hes been making quite amount of dough in his career, and I'm sure he has multiple real estate properties. Most guys making that dough don't only live in one house.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: