Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
crounsa810
National High School Star

Default You know...

You know, I was reading a few threads on a Nuggets forum, and I have come to this conclusion. We are all dumbasses. The thread I read was about Camby needing to go. I really like Camby, he's a great player who in my opinion doesn't get enough credit. Sure he slacks off sometimes, but you mean to tell me that you wouldn't? Seriously, we all b***h about players and how bad they are, how stupid, how useless, blah blah blah. In reality, has any of us ever played in the NBA? No. Do any of us know what exactly it's like to play in the NBA? What kind of issues they have to deal with? What kind of training they need? What kind of shape they have to be in constantly? We b***h when they get DUI's, slack off, get tired, etc.etc. But we really have no right to do so. Sure, we say we deserve to be angry if it's blatantly obvious that they're not giving it their all, but do we really? How do we know what they're dealing with, emotionally or physically, which could be affecting their game? In short, just because we see that they aren't playing the best they could, doesn't mean we should complain about them. Camby has given his all to this team, and we want to trade him just because he's getting old? Anthony Carter is a high value guy who may not be the best player in the league, but you can't say he wasn' t giving it his all. I like the guy, I like having the guy on our team. Do I think he had too much responsibility placed on him? Yes. But that's not his fault. That's the coaches. Do I think he should be a starter playing 25+ minutes a night? No. But I think he should be playing. I hate how everytime I come on this or any other board I hear about how stupid some player is. Get over it. Live a day in their shoes. Then we'll see what you say about them. Just my thoughts.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:10 PM   #2
JordanL

Default Re: You know...

Quite the koom-bye-yah moment you had, eh?
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:15 PM   #3
crounsa810
National High School Star

Yeah, I think it was seeing my dying grandfather that kinda made me realize some stuff.
crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Honestly.

Basketball is their JOB. How many people can say that they give it their ALL every day of their JOB?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810
You know, I was reading a few threads on a Nuggets forum, and I have come to this conclusion. We are all dumbasses. The thread I read was about Camby needing to go. I really like Camby, he's a great player who in my opinion doesn't get enough credit. Sure he slacks off sometimes, but you mean to tell me that you wouldn't? Seriously, we all b***h about players and how bad they are, how stupid, how useless, blah blah blah. In reality, has any of us ever played in the NBA? No. Do any of us know what exactly it's like to play in the NBA? What kind of issues they have to deal with? What kind of training they need? What kind of shape they have to be in constantly? We b***h when they get DUI's, slack off, get tired, etc.etc. But we really have no right to do so. Sure, we say we deserve to be angry if it's blatantly obvious that they're not giving it their all, but do we really? How do we know what they're dealing with, emotionally or physically, which could be affecting their game? In short, just because we see that they aren't playing the best they could, doesn't mean we should complain about them. Camby has given his all to this team, and we want to trade him just because he's getting old? Anthony Carter is a high value guy who may not be the best player in the league, but you can't say he wasn' t giving it his all. I like the guy, I like having the guy on our team. Do I think he had too much responsibility placed on him? Yes. But that's not his fault. That's the coaches. Do I think he should be a starter playing 25+ minutes a night? No. But I think he should be playing. I hate how everytime I come on this or any other board I hear about how stupid some player is. Get over it. Live a day in their shoes. Then we'll see what you say about them. Just my thoughts.

Yes, I do have the right, because DUI's are just plain stupid, irresponsible behavior for someone making as much as they do. They should be held to a higher standard because of who they are, and being in the public spotlight. Tons of people pay an a$$load of money every year to watch them play.

And slacking off? Sure I can be pissed off at them for that too. The same way I'd get pissed off at a guy I was working with who was slacking off. You have a job to do, do it. I don't like my job. I don't like working for a living. But it pays the bills and it has to be done. If it's the whole group taking 5 minutes to chat, or an extra 5 on their break or whatever, fine. But if its one guy holding back the whole group? You better damn well believe if I'm busting my @$$ I have every right to say something to them.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Yeah, I think it was seeing my dying grandfather that kinda made me realize some stuff.
wow i'm really sorry But how does that make you think of basketball?
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:29 PM   #7
highwhey
el vato encabronado

Quote:

Speak for yourself.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: