Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-08-2008, 02:54 AM   #31
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Visual Evidence Of Michael Beasley Real Height

Who took that photograph? A drunk police officer?
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:59 AM   #32
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Beasley actually is closer to the camera making him taller. The NBA has the players stand against the height chart and then puts a book on their head and sees where they come in at.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 AM   #33
Paladin55
Hopeful Knicks Fan

Paladin55 has decent reputation

Beasley can be good at whatever height he really is. That is not the issue. The issue is what position he will play at, and whether or not you get tired of the constant overstating of heights for American players. If you did not know his exact height, and thought he was going to be your PF on a regular basis, (and drafted him to play that position), you might have been disappointed by the fact that he is about 6'7" without shoes on. Fortunately, teams usually know the real height of the players they draft.

What actually upsets me is the newspapers and NBA draft sites who had his height listed at 6'9" and even 6'10", even after the official measurements were taken.

His best position will be at SF in this league, although the Heat might have him at PF if they are trying to play small ball. He is not goint to bang against 4's pm a regular basis.
Paladin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:57 AM   #34
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the ruler marks at 6'8 and a qtr
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:07 AM   #35
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
the ruler marks at 6'8 and a qtr

That is with shoes measurement.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:23 AM   #36
sick_brah07
National High School Star

sick_brah07 has decent reputationsick_brah07 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
i wonder why they don't measure players differently? when you think about it everything above the shoulders really has no bearing on actual height? bosh has a long neck some guys have no necks. does the extra height bosh gets from having the long neck help him rebound better? does it add to his verticle ability? i would thing something like standing reach would be a better way to evaluate a players height

or height at the eye ball... because there really is nothing above the eyes that matters

sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #37
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

damn ppl shyt i took it off from my razor phone of my 50'in sony hdtv and i recorded it on my cam corder to show i didnt do shyt with it

But like i said a 6'6-6'7 beasley dominate noah and tyrus thomas while rose was getting dominated by chalmers it was music to my ears
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 11:03 AM   #38
lilojmayo
#lovethat32

lilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation herelilojmayo has an incredible reputation here

im going to feel dumb if Derrick Rose has a 30pt game today
lilojmayo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: