Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #16
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned

DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation
Default Re: Can Iverson fit in with ANYBODY?

he fits into teams that are lazy and only willing to shoot 3's or finish dunks no one else.

Iverson cannot co-exist with a star player on offense.
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:42 PM   #17
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
i think the one STAR iverson would work well with is KG. KG seems to be the biggest star who's the most unselfish & willing to be the 2nd option.

i still wonder what the league wuold look like if mchale agreed to give away foye in the shouldve been deal w/philly for AI. wonder if minny woulda won a title yet. who woulda won this year?

i still say AI & KG would fit perffect for each other
Garnett isn't a dominant scorer -thus he doesn't demands too much the ball-, but does pretty much everything else, especially defence. On the other hand, Iverson can erupt for 30pts at any time, but needs to have the ball in his hands. KG's defensive game would definitely aid Iverson's defensive shortcomings. Besides both had very good nicknames changed to only their initials.

*sigh* I was enjoying the idea / illusion of watching them in the same uniform back when the trade talks were brewing.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #18
DreamYaoTmac5
Banned

DreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputationDreamYaoTmac5 has decent reputation

I would probably say Dwight Howard fits better with Iverson than KG
DreamYaoTmac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

To be fair, that list of team mates included a number of crap players inefficient players, or guys that were near retirement and lost 2-3 steps. Tim Thomas is garbage. Iggy was young. Webber was on 1 leg. Kukoc was near death. Hughes is terrible, but was young. Stack is the dumbest pairing you could probably have with Iverson. Van Horn.....sucked. Coleman....

He needs to be with an efficient scoring wing man...something he's rarely had, and a great defensive team around him. Melo in theory would be ideal, but I think a post scorer is what Iverson hasn't had. Iverson with a legit back to the basket big I think would have worked. He never had that opportunity.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:03 PM   #20
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

KG, Duncan, Shaq, Dwight, Brand, Boozer, Amare, Yao, Sheed. Basically an all-star PF or C, which he's never had, and no, Chris Webber on one leg was not an all-star PF or C. Its funny how people say he won't ever win a title and cause of his style of play, but since Jordan, which great wing player won a title without Shaq, Duncan, or KG? This league has belonged to Jordan, Bird, Magic, and then a bunch of big men. I don't understand why people hold it against AI for not doing something that only those 3 wings could do, and no other wing from his generation can do.

Last edited by guy : 07-07-2008 at 09:18 PM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #22
haji_d_robertas
Good High School Starter

haji_d_robertas has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
This is truely a coach problem imo. Leave Iverson out of this one

Which brings you to the 2nd question, Can Iverson fit in with ANY COACH?
haji_d_robertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #23
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
He needs to be with an efficient scoring wing man...something he's rarely had, and a great defensive team around him. Melo in theory would be ideal, but I think a post scorer is what Iverson hasn't had. Iverson with a legit back to the basket big I think would have worked. He never had that opportunity.

carmelo is the best post scorer in the league & does it at a position that no one can handle his size/quickness combo

the problem is iverson does not make entry passes at all- if you watched every game all year you couldnt count up a dozen entry passes to the post from iverson- iversons passes are bail outs of his failed scoring attemps

and that leads to melo's problem- the farther away he goes from the basket to get the ball he gets himself into more & more trouble

iverson can fit with people but it would take the perfect complements to him

- you have to have that gaurd who cover either point gaurds or sg's

- your other top scorer has to be an outside shooter

- most of your other players need to be strong defenders and very active rebounders, or be able to create their own shot from along ways from the basket

as a nugget fan i really am hoping that we get iverson traded because he really hurts melo's game, and i believe that we can get nearly the same offensive production with less damage to melo's game from jr smith

i do believe that iverson could help certain teams- ALOT

if oklahoma wanted to try to be good they would take a bit of the scoring load off durant by teaming ai with him- they then have westbrook & green to just cover people w wilcox and all their big projects to hope a couple of them turn out- then if it doesnt work they have the most salary cap space a team has had
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 PM   #24
mrhoopfan
Local High School Star

mrhoopfan has decent reputation

Maybe in Detroit as Rips's replacement?????????
mrhoopfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #25
sixerfan82
College star

sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong waysixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
I see it as a problem. AI is not their best player. Melo should be leading their team. AI should be his running mate. But because he demands the ball so much, it takes away from Melo truly being at his best

melo at his best is still a 1st round exit as history recalls itself

iverson added to the mix is just a chance for more scoring, when they get to the 2nd round, i will say the 2 together has made a difference
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:16 PM   #26
dbugz
Gang Green

dbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cooldbugz is considered somewhat cool

Bring AI to Orlando!!

AI + Howard = Contender!
dbugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #27
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
iverson can fit with people but it would take the perfect complements to him

- you have to have that gaurd who cover either point gaurds or sg's

- your other top scorer has to be an outside shooter

- most of your other players need to be strong defenders and very active rebounders, or be able to create their own shot from along ways from the basket

This is basically the same argument that has been made about Iverson for years. At the end of the day, the ideal conditions for Iverson to succeed are either unlikely or such that any All-Star player could win under them.

I'm just saying, why do I get a feeling that if you inserted Paul, D-Will, Baron, Nash, or even Billups into the current Nuggets lineup instead of AI, they'd do better than 8th in the West?
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:45 PM   #28
Sroek
Slasher

Sroek has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
I'm just saying, why do I get a feeling that if you inserted Paul, D-Will, Baron, Nash, or even Billups into the current Nuggets lineup instead of AI, they'd do better than 8th in the West?

Allen Iverson isn't a point guard. Anthony Carter is the PG for the Nuggets.
Sroek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 11:51 PM   #29
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
Iverson's style fits with defensive minded players like Mutombo, Eric Snow, Tyrone Hill ect. he led that team to 56 wins and the finals so obviously he can fit with other players.

As far as the Nuggets and Carmelo well Iverson led the team to 50 wins as the teams best player in a very tough Western Conference so I don't see anything wrong with that.

nice post. obi wan = owned.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #30
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

He needs somebody selfless like Gasol with Kobe
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: