Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #46
Rafa
Kids at the park dunk on me

Rafa has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal to have career year

Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #47
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanieg
Wasn't he essentially mothballed for the last year or so? That is, he could have played a lot more just fine but Indiana didn't want to risk injury and just wanted to use him as trade bait anyway.

Somewhat, but I wouldn't use the phrase mothballed. His knee was injured repeatedly from coming back too soon time and time again, so he sat most of last season and rehabbed, it isn't like he was healthy all year. He played the last 20 or so games with a team limit of 20 minutes per, basically to show he can still play in hopes to trade him (my guess anyway)
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:02 PM   #48
SRZ66
Local High School Star

SRZ66 has no real reputation yet.

i'd say 40 games. when he plays he'll do his normal averages (poor fg%, avg big man ft%, incredibly overrated for some reason)
SRZ66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #49
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamYaoTmac5
Career year in what?

Games played?

Your having a career year in trolling.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #50
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i dont know about a career year but he could have a nice comeback year after essentially falling off due to injuries the past few years. I can see, IF healthy, him putting up decent stats alongside Bosh. He is well past his prime years so I dont expect him to have a career year. I think 18/8/2/2 is around the range he can get if he plays healthy. But wouldnt expect his stats to go higher then those.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #51
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

He's playing for his last major contract and that says to me 70+ games, see Baron Davis this past year. He'll also have something to play for.

TO has terrible rebounding, so I wouldn't be surprised to see 11bds per from JO. Our offense isn't exactly sophisticated, so he'll get plenty of simple post of opportunities as Bosh spends a lot of time around the foul line.

I optimistically expect 17/11/2.5 from JO this year, and wouldn't at all be surprised to see him get closer to 20 per.

And I think the question of if he can play C is a non-issue. It's a no brainer that he can in this NBA.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 01:15 AM   #52
Get out d'salami
I airball my layups

Get out d'salami has an OK reputation so far

Does anyone else see a large improvement in Bosh's development with a true partner in crime?
Get out d'salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:32 AM   #53
Trax416
Great young streetballer

Trax416 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get out d'salami
Does anyone else see a large improvement in Bosh's development with a true partner in crime?

When Bosh gets to play pure PF with a real center he shines. When we were actually rebounding for part of the season, Bosh had 12 straight 30+ point games and had the highest PER out of any big man in the entire NBA. He also allowed less points and got more rebounds per 100 possessions then Amare did.

Bosh is extremely talented, but needs somebody who can crash to boards so he can play his naturual position. Bosh is a good center, but an unbelievable PF, and all playing him at center does is get him injured.

If he is stuck playing a pseudo center his entire career, it would be one of the biggest wastes of talent in NBA history. He averages MVP caliber numbers when the team is rebounding and he can actually play PF, when he is stuck trying to be a power center, his numbers drop and he gets injured.
Trax416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:40 AM   #54
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax416
When Bosh gets to play pure PF with a real center he shines. When we were actually rebounding for part of the season, Bosh had 12 straight 30+ point games and had the highest PER out of any big man in the entire NBA. He also allowed less points and got more rebounds per 100 possessions then Amare did.

Bosh is extremely talented, but needs somebody who can crash to boards so he can play his naturual position. Bosh is a good center, but an unbelievable PF, and all playing him at center does is get him injured.

If he is stuck playing a pseudo center his entire career, it would be one of the biggest wastes of talent in NBA history. He averages MVP caliber numbers when the team is rebounding and he can actually play PF, when he is stuck trying to be a power center, his numbers drop and he gets injured.
WOuld you stop making up stats? You have yet to post a link to those.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 03:09 AM   #55
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Amare/Bosh most likely will not influence JO having a career year or not.
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:34 PM   #56
Get out d'salami
I airball my layups

Get out d'salami has an OK reputation so far

I think the defensive mindset that O'Neil will have will greatly effect how the entire team plays defense. I honestly don't care if he only scores 12-14 points as long as I seee that intensity on the "D." I Have always loved watching a good defense and regretfully the Raptors haven't been one since 2001ish.
Get out d'salami is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: