Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-06-2008, 06:59 PM   #31
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Jermaine O'Neal to have career year

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
J. O'Neal's stats for the upcoming season:

16 ppg, 11 rpg, 2.5 apg, 3 bpg
hes going to have a career rebounding year? he's never averaged more than 10.5 rpg... his career rebounding avg is 7.7 rpg...

i like those #'s tho probably will settle around 17 ppg 8.5 rpg 2.5 apg 3 bpg
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:16 PM   #32
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

19 ppg, 9rbs, 2.5 blks
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #33
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm projecting averages of 19/11/2/2 in 77 games played.

Can anyone win Most Improved Player twice?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 AM   #34
Get out d'salami
I airball my layups

Get out d'salami has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj4kb8
Just out of curiosity, why did you incorrectly spell his name "O'Neil" in the post, yet spelled it correctly "O'Neal" in the title?

no excuses, just poor proofreading on my part.
Get out d'salami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:39 AM   #35
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Wasn't he essentially mothballed for the last year or so? That is, he could have played a lot more just fine but Indiana didn't want to risk injury and just wanted to use him as trade bait anyway.

Last edited by stephanieg : 07-07-2008 at 12:43 AM.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:50 AM   #36
ChuckOakley
NBA lottery pick

ChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this boardChuckOakley is popular on this board

IMO, the most important stat to predict is games played.

70 games
17 pts
9 rbs
2 blks

On a 45-50 win team.
ChuckOakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:10 AM   #37
Get out d'salami
I airball my layups

The factors pointing to Jermaine O'Neil doing well outnumber those against it in my opinion.

Reasons for Success:
1) Contract year- coming up after next season. Could be his last large contract and many players are motivated by this.
2)Personal Pride- From what Indiana fans have told me is he is a warrior and I truly believe everything negative said about him will drive his improvement
3) Reduced Role- Not being the "man," could allow him to focus far more on health, defence (which is what we really need), and longevity.
4) Jealousy of Boston- He has been quoted to showing jealousy in regards to the big three from Boston and their glory gained from sacrificing.
5) Toronto Factor- Most likely only raptor fans appreciate just how passionate they are, but only when disrespected do we turn our back on a player. The passion and excitement shown will motivate O'Neil back to where he was when the folks of Indiana were the same way (pre-brawl)

Reasons Against:
1)Injured and beyond repair- He might just be too old and played far too many hard years (came out of high school) to compete anymore.
2).... Not any other reasons besides an injury which appears to be fully healed or close to.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #38
bonez26
Local High School Star

bonez26 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get out d'salami
The factors pointing to Jermaine O'Neil doing well outnumber those against it in my opinion.

Reasons for Success:
1) Contract year- coming up after next season. Could be his last large contract and many players are motivated by this.
2)Personal Pride- From what Indiana fans have told me is he is a warrior and I truly believe everything negative said about him will drive his improvement
3) Reduced Role- Not being the "man," could allow him to focus far more on health, defence (which is what we really need), and longevity.
4) Jealousy of Boston- He has been quoted to showing jealousy in regards to the big three from Boston and their glory gained from sacrificing.
5) Toronto Factor- Most likely only raptor fans appreciate just how passionate they are, but only when disrespected do we turn our back on a player. The passion and excitement shown will motivate O'Neil back to where he was when the folks of Indiana were the same way (pre-brawl)

Reasons Against:
1)Injured and beyond repair- He might just be too old and played far too many hard years (came out of high school) to compete anymore.
2).... Not any other reasons besides an injury which appears to be fully healed or close to.

Good reasoning. As for stats I'm gonna go close or with everyone I think he gets 18ppg 9 rpg and 2bpg
bonez26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 10:11 AM   #39
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm going to go for 15 points, 8 rebounds, round about 2 blocks a game. The stats may be down, but it would only be because he draws the attention away from Bosh, giving the latter more oppurtunities and lowering O'Neal's.
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:33 PM   #40
laview
Decent playground baller

laview has an OK reputation so far

If O'Neal is health, him and Bosh would work really well because even though they are going to play C and PF and spend a lot of time on the court together, their games are sort of different. O'Neal is better in the paint with his back to the basket while bosh is more of a drive to the paint or mid-range jump shot kind of player. I don't see why they can't both do well. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they are both averaging 20 pt a game. Come on, who else on the raptors is a better scorer than those two? Now they should move Barg., his game is more similar to Bosh and if Bosh is going to play 35 min a game and O'Neal 30+ a game, there is no time left for Barg.
laview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 12:59 PM   #41
Get out d'salami
I airball my layups

I guess I never really clarified what I meant by a 'career year.' It is more then understandable why some might misunderstand what I meant. I simply wanted to imply that by career year O'Neil would be back to the influential figure and would not be septible to the strain of injuries he has been suffering. It all comes down to his influence on the game being positive and efficient in a tag team role with Bosh. Will O'Neil make a drastic difference for this team?
Old 07-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #42
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think people are inflating JO's stats a bit here. He has only averaged 10 boards a game, 3 times in his career and they were back in the 01-02, 02-03 and 03-04 seasons. Since then, his rebounding numbers have dropped, mostly due to injuries, but also due to age. I don't see JO averaging more than 8-9 boards, that definitly seems like a realisitic target to achieve. 10 boards is asking for a little too much, I think.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:52 PM   #43
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he has the potential to be a great player next year, us raptor fans just have to pray the knee holds up and he can beast it up with CB4 in the paint
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #44
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

HA

He'll have a career...ending injury
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #45
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm

RAPSCANWIN has decent reputation

He became stale and unmotivated in Indiana, If Healthy he will put up close to carreer best #'s. Theres just too many reason for it, # 1 being theres a history in this league of this happening when a change of scenery happens. Its like quitting a crappy job and starting a new one.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: