Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #76
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation
Default Re: Breaking News: Sonics will move to OKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
it does feel like a big loss for me

can anyone else tell that i am pissed?
I feel for ya bro. I grew up watching some of their games at Key Arena and visiting the city. Lots of precious memories.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #77
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I also feel terrible for anyone who is employed with the organization. I read that the Sonics employ over 1200 people in Seattle. For a lot of those people, it's probably going to hit them hard.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #78
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I also feel terrible for anyone who is employed with the organization. I read that the Sonics employ over 1200 people in Seattle. For a lot of those people, it's probably going to hit them hard.
damn
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:29 PM   #79
fiddy
HC4L

fiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfiddy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Breaking News: R.I.P Sonics

Big deal...
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:33 PM   #80
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddy
Big deal...

trolls not needed in this thread as of this moment...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:38 PM   #81
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
because he sold the team to bennett or?

honestly just wondering why the angst with him? (not to say it's not deserved, i just hav'nt follwed along close enough to know all the in and outs)

vent away

shultz could have easily sold the team to local investors. he was pissed because of the revenue deal with key arena which was the worst (for owners) in the nba

it seemed like, to some of us, that he sold it to the okc guys out of spite and only later realized what could happen
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #82
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

and you think bennett might give a flying sh!t

those are jobs that okc will pick up
Old 07-02-2008, 10:40 PM   #83
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Adding Euro and Asian teams wouldn't work. The foreign teams would be at a disadvantage because they would always be on 12 hour flights between road and home games and the domestic teams would also suffer with a 12 hour flight to the foreign teams.

If you're going to try to go international, put a team in Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Puerto Rico, Mexico City, or Panama.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM   #84
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
shultz could have easily sold the team to local investors. he was pissed because of the revenue deal with key arena which was the worst (for owners) in the nba

it seemed like, to some of us, that he sold it to the okc guys out of spite and only later realized what could happen
ahh ok thanks for the incite... so he knew when he sold the team that there was a chance it would be moved for the same reasons he was having problems and instead of finding a buyer that would work with the city he just went for the cash out instead, or worse did it to punish the city...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM   #85
nosurrender
Great young streetballer

nosurrender has an OK reputation so far
Default man, f**k david stern

he's done many great things for the NBA in the past (i'm talking more than a decade ago), but nowadays I think he's getting a little too old for this job. he's pulling a lot of bush league (no pun intended) moves. The NBA audience is mostly young adults. We need new blood in that front office.

I always thought stern was comparable to george bush and stu jackson to dick cheney

whenever i hear news about them, i hate them more

He knows a lot more about the sonics and their rich history more than we do. He saw the franchise grow, and now that they're not producing bucks as much as they used to, he stabs them in the back. AS THE COMMISSIONER HE HAD EVERY RESPONSIBLITY TO AT LEAST APPEAR TO FEEL SYMPATHY FOR SEATTLE. NEVER HAS HE DONE that. He was encouraging bennett all the way, AND DID SO OPENLY IN FRONT OF THE MEDIA. GET YOUR OLD ASS OUTTA HERE

fu*k david stern

Last edited by nosurrender : 07-02-2008 at 10:54 PM.
nosurrender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:51 PM   #86
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ahh ok thanks for the incite... so he knew when he sold the team that there was a chance it would be moved for the same reasons he was having problems and instead of finding a buyer that would work with the city he just went for the cash out instead, or worse did it to punish the city...

if he didnt know, he is the most naive motherfu(ker in the world
Old 07-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #87
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
and you think bennett might give a flying sh!t

those are jobs that okc will pick up

Bennett is a punk b?tch.

Last edited by Aldridge Fan : 07-02-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #88
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

wow. very sad Bennett is greedy money hungry pig. I feel bad for seattle fans
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #89
Scott Pippen
Decent college freshman

Scott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this boardScott Pippen is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
trolls not needed in this thread as of this moment...

that is lakers fan. why do you waste your time responding?
Scott Pippen is offline   Reply With Quote