Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-01-2008, 03:14 PM   #16
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Josh Smith set to meet with Sixers this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I say make a run at Baron Davis.
What's that give us? I'd so ok to it if it was for sign-and-trade.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:21 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
What's that give us? I'd so ok to it if it was for sign-and-trade.

Well who will run PG if Andre Miller decides to bounce after the season?

Right now Sixers need a SG (Iggy isnt a SG unless he adds the 3pter in his offensive game. Willie Green is a starter by default SG), PF (Reggie Evans is servicable but no depth. Thad can play a lil PF depending on matchups, Marreese aint ready, Josh Smith needs to get tougher/stronger). Those are the 2 major needs, bench needs an upgrade. But I dont think its top priority.

And if Andre Miller decides to play elsewhere? Eh. Lou Williams is nice and developing each year but he is Jason Terry. No floor general.

It doesnt matter cuz I dont see Sixers landing any big name this offseason. I say spend some money dont burn it just to burn it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well who will run PG if Andre Miller decides to bounce after the season?

Right now Sixers need a SG (Iggy isnt a SG unless he adds the 3pter in his offensive game. Willie Green is a starter by default SG), PF (Reggie Evans is servicable but no depth. Thad can play a lil PF depending on matchups, Marreese aint ready, Josh Smith needs to get tougher/stronger). Those are the 2 major needs, bench needs an upgrade. But I dont think its top priority.

And if Andre Miller decides to play elsewhere? Eh. Lou Williams is nice and developing each year but he is Jason Terry. No floor general.

It doesnt matter cuz I dont see Sixers landing any big name this offseason. I say spend some money dont burn it just to burn it.
Are you implying that we play Baron at sg?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:28 PM   #19
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

I agree wit Gobb

spent the money

Iggy can shoot the 3 though
He's just not a gunner.
More of a good solid all around player who does all the intangibles.

This is a unique senario where a shoot first point guard makes some sense.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #20
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I just don't see the lineup with Davis.

Miller and Davis as your backcourt?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:33 PM   #21
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I actually like Gobb's idea......

But what would it take to get B diddy here? I hear he wants to play in NY... Im sure he opted out for a good reason, but m not sure what is it is and whether we can play a role there
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #22
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
I just don't see the lineup with Davis.

Miller and Davis as your backcourt?

you'd have to dump Miller

which would be easy he a decent player doesn't make much and his contract expires soon.

Maybe move him for Artest Sacto needs a Point guard!

then you have
Davis, Artest, Iggy, Dalembert and you can make a run at a Powerfoward

Like Okafor of something he should be cheap and you'd be defensively stacked and can still score and keep all those young gunners on your bench.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:47 PM   #23
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by elz
you'd have to dump Miller

which would be easy he a decent player doesn't make much and his contract expires soon.

Maybe move him for Artest Sacto needs a Point guard!

then you have
Davis, Artest, Iggy, Dalembert and you can make a run at a Powerfoward

Like Okafor of something he should be cheap and you'd be defensively stacked and can still score and keep all those young gunners on your bench.

I love the idea of Davis, Artest and Okafor.... but I dont think it will happen
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:51 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Are you implying that we play Baron at sg?

I'm implying we land Baron Davis and trade Andre Miller.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #25
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
I'm implying we land Baron Davis and trade Andre Miller.
That's possible. I guess we really would be the GSW of the east
Old 07-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #26
ppierce34
High school junior varsity star

ppierce34 has an OK reputation so far

I like Josh Smith and he would add to the up tempo style the Sixers seem to be trying to move towards, my only worry would be the Sixers would still lack that take-over scorer that I think you really need come playoff time.
ppierce34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:38 PM   #27
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1
I love the idea of Davis, Artest and Okafor.... but I dont think it will happen

But it's, SOOOO possible

Miller makes the same amount as Artest it's such an easy trade

Davis is a free agent and the cap space is there
and Okafor is easy money

all very workable under the cap!

and defensively it'll be insane
3, 20 pt scorers
2 boardsmen and shot blockers
Old 07-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #28
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

The Hawks are fools if they give an above average role player 13 million a year.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:44 PM   #29
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Keep dreamin Philly Smoove is going nowhere. I mean seriously who leaves Atlanta to go to Philadelphia?
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #30
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
Keep dreamin Philly Smoove is going nowhere. I mean seriously who leaves Atlanta to go to Philadelphia?
Why would you want to play in Atlanta? The first time in forever you guys make the playoffs you only have 37 wins. It's ok. We want Brand first and foremost.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: