Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-24-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

sawyersauce has decent reputation
Default make a call on Brandan Wright

The kids actually looked pretty good when he's been out there.

He's putting up 4 points and 3 boards in 10 mintues a game, on 55% fg
not bad numbers for only 10 mins, but not exactly outstanding either.

I think the important thing is he looks like he belongs in the League.
He probably should of stayed in college, put some weight on, devolped more of a post game and possibly won a championship at UNC.

But i don't think entering the league pre-maturely will ultimately hinder him from reaching his potential or set him back as bad as it did with guys like Green and JR...

Other opinions?
sawyersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:29 AM   #2
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: make a call on Brandan Wright

As a Cats fan I do say Richardson>Wright now and in five years.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:31 AM   #3
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersauce
The kids actually looked pretty good when he's been out there.

He's putting up 4 points and 3 boards in 10 mintues a game, on 55% fg
not bad numbers for only 10 mins, but not exactly outstanding either.

I think the important thing is he looks like he belongs in the League.
He probably should of stayed in college, put some weight on, devolped more of a post game and possibly won a championship at UNC.

But i don't think entering the league pre-maturely will ultimately hinder him from reaching his potential or set him back as bad as it did with guys like Green and JR...

Other opinions?

I think his presence was one of the deciding factors in tonight's game against the Lake Show. I remember when he came back in in the 3rd (or was it the 4th?) and the Warriors went on a little run.

BTW, JR is doing just fine. Check out his stats for the past month and a half or so, he's scoring like 13 a game in 19 minutes on 50% shooting.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:38 AM   #4
sawyersauce
Great young streetballer

sawyersauce has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
I think his presence was one of the deciding factors in tonight's game against the Lake Show. I remember when he came back in in the 3rd (or was it the 4th?) and the Warriors went on a little run.

BTW, JR is doing just fine. Check out his stats for the past month and a half or so, he's scoring like 13 a game in 19 minutes on 50% shooting.

don't get me wrong... JR has skills and hes good enough to be a rotation player or even a starter on most teams.

Its just my opinion i guess that his DEVELOPMENT was hurt by jumping straight in out of high school. I think a few years to mature off the court and to learn how to play as part of a decent system, rather than only knowing his job as the be all and end all of the teams offence, would have benifitted him.

He has all star potential but its looking doubtful that he'll ever reach it...
sawyersauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:04 AM   #5
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyersauce
don't get me wrong... JR has skills and hes good enough to be a rotation player or even a starter on most teams.

Its just my opinion i guess that his DEVELOPMENT was hurt by jumping straight in out of high school. I think a few years to mature off the court and to learn how to play as part of a decent system, rather than only knowing his job as the be all and end all of the teams offence, would have benifitted him.

He has all star potential but its looking doubtful that he'll ever reach it...

How? You realize that as AI ages, JR's role becomes bigger for the team (assuming AI and JR both stay)? JR can very well be a starter on most teams and the way he has been playing as of late, he can very well be an all-star in a couple years. Scoring the way he does with a stacked team and a coach who has him on a leash isn't easy.

I know what you mean though about the who development thing. His development could have been hindered but in all honesty, it really boils down to how much he wants it as an actual person. There is a reason why Kobe is so f*cking good, he works his ass off.

Last edited by w00terz : 03-24-2008 at 06:06 AM.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #6
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

We won't see what Wright can do for 2 more years. Next year, Nellie won't play him more than 20-25 a game even if he is playing great.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:15 AM   #7
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

nbapoints has an OK reputation so far

Brandon's going to be a real good player for years to come. He fits in nicely with the warriors style and is very coachable. He has a huge upside. His wingspan is something like 7'4".

I do think he was a big part in helping the Warriors slow down the Lakers in Sundays game. I think we'll see a lot more of him tonight. Maybe a start even.
nbapoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I dig his game and he is the perfect fit for the Warriors. His wingspan alters shots. In the future he and Andris could possibly give Warriors a more balance lineup while still allowing them to play Nellie ball. Staying in college would have just cost him guap and he may not have landed in his ideal playing style situation. He has All Star potential. He just needs some of SJax's swagger and he could become a terror on both ends of the court.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:11 AM   #9
Aussie Dunker
Local High School Star

Aussie Dunker has decent reputationAussie Dunker has decent reputation

I dig Brandon's game, i beleive he will develop into a beast, a bigger version of Tay prince with less handles is what iv seen so far, but i think he will be a defensive machine...
Aussie Dunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:39 AM   #10
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

he's freakin tyson chandler redux
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 09:57 AM   #11
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
he's freakin tyson chandler redux

he's a hell of alot more skilled offensively than tyson chandler.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 10:23 AM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
he's a hell of alot more skilled offensively than tyson chandler.

only because he is in a free flowing offense on the warriors. he wouldnt get any other minutes in anyother team. hell the bobcats didnt want him.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #13
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he'll be a very good PF and would've made for a great frontcourt pairing with Okafor for the future.

In GS however, who knows? I'd be starting Wright and Biedrins and giving both of them consistent playing time but that's just not how the system is set up that way.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: