Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

SportsAnalyzer has no real reputation yet.
Default I see that ABC wants all NBA fans to watch the NCAA Tournament Today

since they only aired one game and not the usual doubleheader. what is ABC afraid to have a NBA Game go against a NCAA tournament game? Why couldn't this be a regular NBA sunday? Now i have to wait until 8pm to see another nationally televised game. This stinks!
SportsAnalyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I see that ABC wants all NBA fans to watch the NCAA Tournament Today

NCAA tournaments kills all sports competition in terms of viewers.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #3
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I see that ABC wants all NBA fans to watch the NCAA Tournament Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
since they only aired one game and not the usual doubleheader. what is ABC afraid to have a NBA Game go against a NCAA tournament game? Why couldn't this be a regular NBA sunday? Now i have to wait until 8pm to see another nationally televised game. This stinks!

Im not sure but I think the Networks have some kind of agreement. Like when the World Series is on there is no Sunday night Football, and Espn usually shows shyt like figure skating.

Who Cares bud, Watch the tourney baby!!!
NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:25 PM   #4
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
Im not sure but I think the Networks have some kind of agreement. Like when the World Series is on there is no Sunday night Football, and Espn usually shows shyt like figure skating.

Who Cares bud, Watch the tourney baby!!!

I understand all that but as a NBA fan i still think I should have a choice whether to watch a NCAA game or a NBA game. To me next weekend is the biggest NCAA matchups since it's sweet 16
Old 03-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're an idiot if you watch an NBA game over todays games.

Davidson led by Dell Curry son (look at you "who who who is dell curry?") defeats Gtown.

Butler gives Tennesee a scare taking them to OT.

Miami almost had a comeback vs Texas.

Get a clue...watch the NCAA because some of the players will be in the NBA.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
SportsAnalyzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Davidson led by Dell Curry son (look at you "who who who is dell curry?") defeats Gtown.

My point is when the commercial comes on during the NCAA Tournament game I can turn to a NBA game. i rather go back and forth
Old 03-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #7
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

It's not a matter of agreement, it's a matter of common sense. You know the NCAA tourney is on, you know it'll do insane numbers, so why use one of your contracted games for what will be a low rated session.

It's 2 weekends a year, people can manage not having multiple national games for a Sunday or two. Seriously, don't be ridiculous.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:40 PM   #8
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsAnalyzer
My point is when the commercial comes on during the NCAA Tournament game I can turn to a NBA game. i rather go back and forth
If you are willing to pay for the commercials NBA lost during the NCAA tournament then I think they will gladly show a double header.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Depends where you live. I didn't see any of the Georgetown game, and only the overtime of the Tennessee game. They were showing the WKU/SD game here, and although it was a pretty entertaining game, WKU dominated most of the way. I watched NBA instead.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #10
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

I've never liked college basketball. I refuse to watch NCAA.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:48 PM   #11
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
I've never liked college basketball. I refuse to watch NCAA.

Not going to disagree with you, but with the kind of money involved in the NCAA tournament, legitimate and illegitimate, the NCAA tourney will take utmost priority…

I cannot get a ABC NBA game before Christmas because of NFL and that frustrates me more than these couple of weeks in March…

All in all, NCAA sports is more popular to casual fans more than the professional sports in both football and basketball…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #12
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have never once developed the affliction known as March Madness.

Although I did have the clap.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #13
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

So people are mad because they get the opportunity to see some future NBA players in a playoff-like atmosphere?

These same people will end up debating how good or bad a college player is around draft time without watching any games and base their entire opinion on mock draft player bios and youtube videos.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:15 PM   #14
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

the only thing good about march madness is the bracket pools. I don't know much about the teams but it's fun to participate. Other than that I cannot stand college basketball. It's pretty darn slow and boring. It seems like 90% of the time all they do is keep passing the ball at the perimeter against a zone D. It doesn't have the fluidity of the NBA game. And I admit I'm saying this having not watched many games but whenever I try it's typically this same kinda ****.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

March Madness >>> NBA from April - June
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: