Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 05:45 PM   #16
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Boozer vs Amare

Amare is slightly better.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Amare, but no GM in their right mind would complain abut having either guy on their team. I do think that Amare's ceiling hasn't been reached yet, while Boozer has pretty much peaked thus far in his career.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #18
Mateo
Local High School Star

Mateo has not been impressing people

Boozer. Nearly equivalent scorer, better rebounder, better passer. The rest is the same.
Mateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

amare
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #20
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Boozer has a more consistent mid range, amare is much better at Free Throws for some reason, Amare is a shot block boozer isn't both are not that good at post defense but I would still give the edge to amare. Both finish around the basket well. I would still say that Amare has the slight edge over boozer.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #21
Big Money Mike
I hit open layups

Big Money Mike has an OK reputation so far

Amare has really improved his shooting touch/free throws this season so I gotta say hes a tiny bit better than Booz.

I like Booz's style of play better though
Big Money Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:56 PM   #22
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Both are pretty comparable on offense and neither play good enough defense to take one over the other. So with that said....flip a coin.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:57 PM   #23
omarnyc
Local High School Star

omarnyc has an OK reputation so far

amare
omarnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:06 PM   #24
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

it's really not a stupid thread. Boozer is way smarter with the ball than Amare is and that goes a long way. I think most would choose Amare over Boozer but it's not like one is leaps and bounds better than the other, at this moment at least. Boozer has edge on defense, on the boards, passing, outlet passing... Amare is a much more impactful scorer with and without the ball, can block shots better, and of course has the upside to potentially surpass Boozer in every category. but he hasn't yet.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #25
IguodalaBomb
Can barely lace up my sneakers

IguodalaBomb has an OK reputation so far

No Contest, Carlos "The Avalanche"(yep that's my nickname for him) Boozer, by a landslide.
IguodalaBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:08 AM   #26
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Boozer has edge on defense
He does????????? That's a MAJOR smack in the face to Amare... and Amare must be some sorry ass **** on defense. I don't watch Amare a ton, but it's hard to believe he's worse on defense... maybe, since the Suns are so horrid overall on defense, he just plays along with that type of attitude.

On the offensive end, I lean towards Boozer, the guy comes up in the clutch, has a variety of skills, Amare can dunk like crazy though... But I think his high numbers are due in part to the high scoring offense that he plays in, bet his numbers start to drop now after a while, with Shaq slowing things down. I don't know... tie

I'd rather this be a thread about which one of them is the worse defender.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:27 AM   #27
DOUBLE DRIBBLE
Legend

DOUBLE DRIBBLE has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkmaze
He does????????? That's a MAJOR smack in the face to Amare... and Amare must be some sorry ass **** on defense. I don't watch Amare a ton, but it's hard to believe he's worse on defense... maybe, since the Suns are so horrid overall on defense, he just plays along with that type of attitude.

On the offensive end, I lean towards Boozer, the guy comes up in the clutch, has a variety of skills, Amare can dunk like crazy though... But I think his high numbers are due in part to the high scoring offense that he plays in, bet his numbers start to drop now after a while, with Shaq slowing things down. I don't know... tie

I'd rather this be a thread about which one of them is the worse defender.
Amare's numbers have went up since Shaq has been inserted in the lineup. I just wish Amare would concentrate more on his rebounding... Some say Amare's scoring is because of Nash, but I don't necessarily think that is the case. I think you could put any of the other starting pg's from around the league with Amare and he still average 20+ points a night... he did it before Nash was here.
DOUBLE DRIBBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 AM   #28
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by IguodalaBomb
No Contest, Carlos "The Avalanche"(yep that's my nickname for him) Boozer, by a landslide.

No player wins by a landslide. It can be argued either way. I still go with Amare by a short margin. Amare is slightly better than Booz in my eyes.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 03:53 AM   #29
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Just on a side note, and looking at the things ya'll mention being important when comparing the two:

Is it safe to say Brand is better than both? (Better ft shooter than Boozer, better midrange game than Amare, can finish with back to the basket but also added a great drive to the basket a few seasons ago, and is one of the best (if not the best) defender at the PF position).
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #30
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
Just on a side note, and looking at the things ya'll mention being important when comparing the two:

Is it safe to say Brand is better than both? (Better ft shooter than Boozer, better midrange game than Amare, can finish with back to the basket but also added a great drive to the basket a few seasons ago, and is one of the best (if not the best) defender at the PF position).
No its not safe to say that. Way to make it simple and I will argue that Amare has a better mid range game.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: