Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #1
Lakers Fan
High School Varsity 12th Man

Lakers Fan has an OK reputation so far
Default Is there any color analyst better than Van Gundy?

This guy is the best. Intelligent, fluid and funny. Perfect at what he does. I hope no one ever hires this guy as a coach. I could listen to this guy for years. So what do you guys think? Is there anyone close to or better than JVG at what he does?
Lakers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is there any color analyst better than Van Gundy?

mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #3
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i really like his self - deprecating sense of humor. he has a good dry wit.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

bill walton
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:38 PM   #5
Lakers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
bill walton

I don't even think Walton's own son thinks he's better than JVG.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #6
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

Kerr in his prime
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan
I don't even think Walton's own son thinks he's better than JVG.
i like both actually.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #8
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

i like walton

he is a yao fan. and i love yao fans
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #9
June1026
Hong 1026

June1026 has an OK reputation so far

I like JVG as a commentator, but I think he should go back to coaching, a team like the Nuggets could really use him.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #10
junior
I brick open layups

junior has decent reputation

i remember watching rockets games he always looked like he was depressed and in a bad mood at press conferences and interviews when he was head coach so i was really puzzled when he was hired as a commentator, but he's turned out to be pretty good imo.
junior is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #11
Lakers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bence23
Kerr in his prime

Kerr had a "prime" for being a commentator? I mean he spoke from experience and had intelligent analysis, but so does JVG and he is light years funnier.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #12
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation

Quote:
Kerr had a "prime" for being a commentator? I mean he spoke from experience and had intelligent analysis, but so does JVG and he is light years funnier.

oh so true. i concurr.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:45 PM   #13
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
yup. jvg's wit is severely underrated. walton is fun to listen too, but hes a bit bombastic. jvg's humor is more subtle.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:46 PM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm even warming up to Jackson, just because it's funny to watch JVG dominate him and then watch Mark try to recover. Those two and Breen remind me of the Marv/Bill/Snapper trio. They aren't quite as good though, because Marv is obviously better than Breen and the chemistry between Bill and Snapper was terrific. Still, out of the four colour guys I just mentioned, JVG is probably my favourite. Bill and Snapper were just hysterical though.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM   #15
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

BIZARRO has decent reputation

Quote:

I disagree with all of you. I think JVG is brutal, as is Jackson, and ABC's broadcast in general.

IMO JVG makes ridiculous statements, bad exaagerations and judgements, and tries hard to be funny (often not) where he distracts from the game.
Just awful, and it is surprising to me y'all like him so much.

Give me Doug Collins or Hubie Brown anyday.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: