Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #1
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool
Default Game Thread: San Antonio (46-23) at Dallas (44-25)

This should be a huge game, both teams have had at least 1 day of rest. I'm going to be a crazy bastard and stay up to watch it.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=280323006
Quote:
The pattern has been the same for the Dallas Mavericks since Jason Kidd's arrival last month -- dominate opponents with losing records and drop close games to teams likely to be in the playoffs.

They'll look to end that trend Sunday when they host the San Antonio Spurs, who certainly fit into the latter category.
The Spurs have taken both of their home games in close wins, while the Mavs beat the Spurs by 13 in Dallas back in November. Kidd played in the last game in San Antonio, a 97-94 Spurs win.

Now I don't think Dallas are doing as bad as their recent record indicates - yes, they have lost to every playoff team since the Kidd trade but a lot of them were quite close games. See the Boston game as an example.

Starting Lineups:
Spurs -
PG Parker
SG Finley
SF Bowen
PF Duncan
C Oberto
Also can't forget GINOBILI!

Mavs -
PG Kidd
SG Stackhouse
SF Howard
PF Dirk
C Dampier

This should be a great game, Mavs drop to 1/2 game ahead of GS for 8th seed if they lose so they'll be playing quite desperately.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Game Thread: San Antonio (46-23) at Dallas (44-25)

its gonna be a barn-burner. 87-84 spurs
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That is Bruce "Lee" Bowens way of killing a shotclock violation with a three, he nailed the shotclock.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:47 PM   #4
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

Wtf, someone stole Timmy's bankshot. It's been ugly so far.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

brantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbrantonli is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My god, that segment with JVG and his Nazerth pictures were hilarious!
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:59 PM   #6
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Ugly game so far.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

God, Dirk's such a *****.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dallas are underachiever this year
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:11 PM   #9
dafunkphenom
Living Legend

dafunkphenom has an OK reputation so far

Hey Mavs fans! The Jason Kidd/Devin Harris trade was the worst of all the moves at the deadline. This guy is officially old and the tank is near empty. Dirk is soft like charmin and are going nowhere. It's time for the Mavs to rebuild. Cuban should keep his nose out of Avery's business and focus on getting him some real talent instead.

The Spurs will repeat as champs.
dafunkphenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:16 PM   #10
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

The Mavs lead at halftime, and you guys call them out?
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:17 PM   #11
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbullit
The Mavs lead at halftime, and you guys call them out?

timmy is 1-10 and the rest of the spurs are missing their looks and the mavs only have a 4 point lead.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

spurs are not even shooting 25% and mavs are shooting 45%

spurs got this in cruise control.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:18 PM   #13
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

oh man, i hope gino has a bad 2nd half... i want stuart scott's $1.

"if manu shoots 2-8 in the 2nd half, i'll give everyone who's watching a dollar.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #14
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
timmy is 1-10 and the rest of the spurs are missing their looks and the mavs only have a 4 point lead.

Dirk is shooting 3-8, the Mavs have allready 7 TOs (Spurs 3) and only 5 FTs (Spurs 13) and are up by 4, excellent!!!!
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:25 PM   #15
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Kidd really sucks at shooting..
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: