Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
doublefbf
I airball my layups

doublefbf has an OK reputation so far
Default The Rockets are back to reality! They have lost 3 of 4

I was told the other day that the Rockets were a overnight sensation of a team that they were contenders.... Unfortunately those people forgot that they had more B-Ball to play after the 22 game win streak. Tonight makes loses of 3 of the last 4 gms and counting considering the schedule they have left over. But I was crazy for saying they were 24-20 before the streak and that it (the streak) didn't make a hill of beans if they don't get outta the first rd & at least contend for the title. Oh wait SHHHHHHHHHHHH you hear that noise.... I think rocket fans have gone back inside

Last edited by doublefbf : 03-23-2008 at 12:19 AM.
doublefbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #2
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: People they are back to reality!! They have lost 3 of 4

Yeah the Rockets lost three of their past four games., but who did they lose too? The team with the best record in the NBA (Celtics) and the number 2 and 3 team out West (New Orleans and Phoenix), just saying ...
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #3
doublefbf
I airball my layups

Just wanted to aggrevate those who talked alot while they were winning. Its not about predictions its the principle!
Old 03-23-2008, 12:23 AM   #4
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

nothing shameful when we lose to quality opponents

go eat something
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:26 AM   #5
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I was told the other day that the Rockets were a overnight sensation of a team that they were contenders....

By who? I haven't seen any of the Rocket fan regulars make such a claim.

Quote:
Tonight makes loses of 3 of the last 4 gms and counting considering the schedule they have left over.

3 *losses, but against 4 of the top teams in 5 nights. It's not easy to beat top teams with great consistency ya know. The Spurs lost to NO, DET, PHI & BOS all in a row last week. Didn't see anyone on here make a big deal over that (maybe they did)

Quote:
But I was crazy for saying they were 24-20 before the streak and that it (the streak) didn't make a hill of beans if they don't get outta the first rd & at least contend for the title. Oh wait SHHHHHHHHHHHH you here that noise.... I think rocket fans have gone back inside

Considering we lost our only all-star player, I'd say it meant quite a bit to maintain that winning streak. Let's see another team lose their best player and win 10 straight. And sorry, Rockets fans aren't going away, we'll still be here to refute your stupid posts.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #6
doublefbf
I airball my layups

:)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
By who? I haven't seen any of the Rocket fan regulars make such a claim.

3 *losses, but against 4 of the top teams in 5 nights. It's not easy to beat top teams with great consistency ya know. The Spurs lost to NO, DET, PHI & BOS all in a row last week. Didn't see anyone on here make a big deal over that (maybe they did)

Considering we lost our only all-star player, I'd say it meant quite a bit to maintain that winning streak. Let's see another team lose their best player and win 10 straight. And sorry, Rockets fans aren't going away, we'll still be here to refute your stupid posts.

Good cause its all in good fun bro... Nuttin personal. Just touching base with those who ragged me the other day for stating an opinion....
Old 03-23-2008, 12:38 AM   #7
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Good cause its all in good fun bro... Nuttin personal. Just touching base with those who ragged me the other day for stating an opinion....

I'm just a bit frustrated since you've seemingly spent all of your 47 posts telling us what we already know, that we're not winning a championship. There's nothing wrong with fans being excited about a 22 game winning streak, especially considering our injury situation. Didn't see the need for you to be Debbie Downer in every Rocket-related thread.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:53 AM   #8
doublefbf
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
I'm just a bit frustrated since you've seemingly spent all of your 47 posts telling us what we already know, that we're not winning a championship. There's nothing wrong with fans being excited about a 22 game winning streak, especially considering our injury situation. Didn't see the need for you to be Debbie Downer in every Rocket-related thread.

Actually I have spent a little time on other things if you read my post bro like the KG V Bird stuff and etc.... I guess you're frustration really is that the truth hurts. Read the last post I put in the "are the rocket fans really that stupid" and you will really know where I stand. ESPN started this one really with the hype. But considering I have only been in here less than a month seems like the only ones I cannot stop aggrevating is rocket fans since I was soooooo dumb the other night. Maybe I should just leave ya'll alone... That streak finally did give yall something positive to talk about when I comes to that team.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
LutherHeadJob
Local High School Star

LutherHeadJob has an OK reputation so far

is he a laker fan?
LutherHeadJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:43 AM   #10
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LutherHeadJob
is he a laker fan?

Gee thanks....
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:59 AM   #11
June1026
Hong 1026

June1026 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
is he a laker fan?

I say 95% chance he is, i mean this is idiocy at its best , good job doublefbf.
June1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:42 AM   #12
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
is he a laker fan?

This fool is a Laker fan. I think I read something in a Laker thread a while ago and read this fool's post there too concerning them.

This guy must be PB's long lost brother or something. PB gets banned and this guy magically starts posting? Fishy.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:07 AM   #13
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation
Default Re: The Rockets are back to reality! They have lost 3 of 4

Reality???

The reality is we have home court so far and we are 1.5 back of 1st place and with only 3 playoff team to play. I don't think to many playoff teams can say the same.

And a team build for the future that due to Yao injury, we are force to win it all or fail.

Go Rockets.
el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:08 AM   #14
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
is he a laker fan?

must be
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:14 AM   #15
caroline
I airball my layups

caroline has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Rockets are back to reality! They have lost 3 of 4

4 games in 5 days (all of whom are playoff contenders) is killer