Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 04:32 AM   #16
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: HUGE Win For the Pacers Tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
This year, the Pacers might have a chance to play the Pistons if they get to the 7th spot. I hope Philly gets 8th and plays Boston while Atlanta gets 6th and plays Orlando leaving Cavs and Wizards.
What the heck happened to Toronto there? Atlanta isn't getting to sixth with 39 losses on the season, and the rest of their schedule, which I posted for your convenience , take a look, they're not winning out, which is what they would have to do, so it goes...

1. BOS
2. DET
3. ORL
4. CLE
5. WAS
6. TOR
7. PHI
8. ATL/IND/NJ
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:45 AM   #17
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
What the heck happened to Toronto there? Atlanta isn't getting to sixth with 39 losses on the season, and the rest of their schedule, which I posted for your convenience , take a look, they're not winning out, which is what they would have to do, so it goes...

1. BOS
2. DET
3. ORL
4. CLE
5. WAS
6. TOR
7. PHI
8. ATL/IND/NJ

I hope that doesn't happen though... I don't want Toronto in playoffs since they suck this year. I'd rather see old rivalries.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:47 AM   #18
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
I hope that doesn't happen though... I don't want Toronto in playoffs since they suck this year. I'd rather see old rivalries.
They don't suck. Chris Bosh was injured and they lost several straight, they're still a very good, not to mention, deep team. This is a sleeper for the playoffs, I think they could upset some folks.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:57 AM   #19
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
They don't suck. Chris Bosh was injured and they lost several straight, they're still a very good, not to mention, deep team. This is a sleeper for the playoffs, I think they could upset some folks.

this is a pacers thread so i'll try not to get too far off track but i totally agree, the raptors have the glorious luxury of not playing the celtics or pistons first round (barring disaster) and have a versatile bunch of guys, the two-headed point guard thing is beautiful, TJ's one of my faves and Calderon is obviously having a breakout season, I think they have the pieces in place to beat an orlando (or cleveland or washington, pending what happens here). those two middle series (4 vs. 5 and 3 vs. 6) in the east first round will be interesting.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:19 AM   #20
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sorry, I was wasted, but I still hate the Pacers. I do miss the rivalry. It was the best one out of the Nets, Pacers, Heat, Cavs, and Celtics.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:52 AM   #21
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Low lottery pick > getting swept by the Celtics

Especially when you're a team looking to make the kind of major changes that the Pacers are going to make this summer. They're playing themselves right out of Gordon/Augustine/Collison. Maybe they'll take Hinrich for O'Neal in the summer. Bulls will even take Tinsley off their hands if they'll take back another contract.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:03 AM   #22
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Ooh, looks like the Pacers' schedule is not bad, but then again look at the Hawks' schedule. Theirs is not bad either, I think both teams will do fairly equally from here on out, and that means Atlanta makes the playoffs in my opinion.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #23
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Low lottery pick > getting swept by the Celtics

Especially when you're a team looking to make the kind of major changes that the Pacers are going to make this summer. They're playing themselves right out of Gordon/Augustine/Collison. Maybe they'll take Hinrich for O'Neal in the summer. Bulls will even take Tinsley off their hands if they'll take back another contract.

Getting in to the playoffs would mean a lot to the Pacers. Their players get some playoff experience even if it means that they will get swept by the C's. And this upcomming draft is very deep so I dont think there will be that much of a difference if they make the playoff from here on or lose all games, because they will almost get the same pick(top 10-15)
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #24
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
Ooh, looks like the Pacers' schedule is not bad, but then again look at the Hawks' schedule. Theirs is not bad either, I think both teams will do fairly equally from here on out, and that means Atlanta makes the playoffs in my opinion.
I think we go 8-4, and they go 6-7. Therefore we should get in by a game. Even if they go 7-6 and we beat them in the upcoming game we have against them, we still get the tiebreaker.
Old 03-23-2008, 06:15 PM   #25
Run&Gun=Fun
128 time NBA All Star

Run&Gun=Fun has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Money Mike
I gotta give major props to the Pacers

As a white male who plays ball recreationally very often, it is great to see the Pacers playing well and winning.

Mike Dunleavy - having his best season ever. he is laughing in the faces of all haters and critics now!

Troy Murphy - having a great year and shooting the 3-ball quite well.

Jeff Foster - the hardworking tough guy that won't back down. ever.

Travis Diener - still improving, but has shown that he can do well when given minutes. He has 188 dimes this season. give this guy some credit!

I would love to see Indiana make the playoffs!

Danny? Wheres Danny?

Damnit! What about Danny?
Run&Gun=Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:06 PM   #26
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

The difference between the Hawks, Bulls, Nets and Pacers is that the Hawks have the best individual player, Joe Johnson, coupled with a vet pg in Bibby, who thrives in making big plays in big games. I can see the other 3 teams faltering down the stetch. We will elimintate Chi-town next week and I think that the pacers will falter as well.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:11 AM   #27
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run&Gun=Fun
Danny? Wheres Danny?

Damnit! What about Danny?
i think hes talkin about the white players..."As a white male who plays ball recreationally very often"
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:28 AM   #28
Big Money Mike
I hit open layups

Big Money Mike has an OK reputation so far

PacerRaptor is correct

White ballers often get hated on, and their level of skill is often judged with a harsh bias

Also, many people probably look at a starting five like this...

Diener
Granger
Dunleavy
Murphy
Foster

and laugh because of the white majority.

who's laughing now tho?
Big Money Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 AM   #29
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
And to think just 3-4 years ago the Pacers were a 61 win team, #1 in the East, and had an MVP candidate and the defensive player of the year. I hate the Pacers and am glad to see them suffer.

ya youre right, in 2001 they had the best record in the league, Artest was defensive player of the year, Carlisle was Coach of the Year, and JO was an MVP candidate. I still blame the brawl the downfall for the Pacers. If Wallace wasnt such a b!tch and could take a hard foul, the Pacers would have been fine
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #30
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
ya youre right, in 2001 they had the best record in the league, Artest was defensive player of the year, Carlisle was Coach of the Year, and JO was an MVP candidate. I still blame the brawl the downfall for the Pacers. If Wallace wasnt such a b!tch and could take a hard foul, the Pacers would have been fine
Jeez, PacerRaptor, you're disappointing me here... It was 03-04 we had the best record in the L. Artest wasn't even in Indy til 02... Carlise, 03... In 2000-01 we were a meek 41-41, following with 42-40 in 01-02, and 48-34 in 02-03. Off the top of my head here, too.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: