Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-22-2008, 11:43 PM   #16
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lakers 16 in a row?

Wow im surprised there was not any laker haters going crazy in this thread, finaly!

VS gs w
@gsq
vs charlotew
vs memphisw
vs washingtonW unless the big 3 are there and healthy then it could be a L

vs portlandw
vs dallas w
@sacw
@porL
@clippsW
vs no
vs spurs
vs kingsw

and they will split the NO and spurs games

14-2 including the 3 game winning streak, ill asume theyl have a bad night down the stretch

so 12-4..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #17
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

13 games left, 9-4 would be decent if Pau and Bynum aren't back, otherwise I'd expect at least 10-3 if Pau is back starting Sunday. 9-4 leaves us at 57-25 for the year, not bad considering we finishes 42-40 last year.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:14 AM   #18
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

GS back to back is gunna be a hard two....if GS is hot they could drop both.
I hope not though. I say they could win 11 of their next 13.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

VS gs W
@gs W
vs charlote W
vs memphis W
vs washington W
vs portland W
vs dallas W
@sac W
@por L
@clipps W
vs no W
vs spurs L
vs kings W

11-2 is what they should go.

they may split vs GS and maybe drop one of the sac or no games. So probably 9-4.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:32 AM   #20
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We always lose in freakin Portland......if we could beat them their...watch out NBA!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #21
Erathia
Local High School Star

Erathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this boardErathia is popular on this board

There was a stretch at the end of January that everyone agreed was the Lakers toughest challenge of the season. I called that 9 games serious DOWN TO THE LETTER...look it up on the Lakers forum Lets see if I am feeling the luck again

VS gs W
@gs W
vs charlote W
vs memphis W
vs washington W
vs portland W
vs dallas W
@sac W
@por L
@clipps W
vs no W
vs spurs L
vs kings W

11-2... Back-to-back against Golden State is a tricky pick. Warriors are a very tough team, but with the current play of the Lakers I think the first game will be over before the 4th quarter gets underway so there will be time for starters to sit, thus the second game is much easier.

Portland and Dallas at Staples should both be wins. @Portland is gonna be a lose, because the Lakers do not play good at the Rose Garden.

Lastly, the Lakers will split the NO/Spurs game. We should have Gasol and possibly (wishful hoping) Bynum back with these 3 games remaining, so our height should overpower the Hornets, but I think the Spurs will be playing for HC and their big 3 will comeback to beat the Lakers. Then the Lakers beat Sactown to go into the playoffs with a little momentum.
Erathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 12:55 AM   #22
-Ev08-
I brick open layups

-Ev08- has an OK reputation so far

What the heck, I'll just go out and say it...if we can get past GS, and Gasol/Bynum come back before the Portland game...we'll win all 13. I don't understand why so many of you think we'll lose to SA at home, we'll beat both NO and SA if we're healthy.

If Gasol/Bynum aren't back as predicted, I see us going 9-4.
-Ev08- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:25 AM   #23
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far

Personally, I think the Laks match up better without Gasol on certain teams because his defense is atrocious, but then again he is a much bigger help against teams that don't play to physical and are undersized.

Oh yea, we'll definately beat the Spurs and Portland if Bynum gets back on time. These team won't match up well with his defense and atheleticism like they do against Gasol. We got everyone else in the bag. Maybe a surprise lost or two.

Last edited by amfirst : 03-23-2008 at 03:29 AM.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 11:59 PM   #24
Samie
I brick open layups

Samie has an OK reputation so far

They won't go 16-0 for the same reason they recently lost to the Sacramento Kings. Why did they lose to the Kings? I'm sure Laker fans had a "W" penciled in before the opening tip, right?

They do have a favorable schedule, however, if I were a Laker fan do I want a cake schedule the few weeks of the season? The team could get a little soft and lose that edge going into the playoffs.

I'll choose my team playing at their best and sharp as a tack vs. having an easy last three weeks of competition that resulted in maybe a better seeding in the playoffs.
Samie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #25
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Doranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation hereDoranku has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samie
They won't go 16-0 for the same reason they recently lost to the Sacramento Kings. Why did they lose to the Kings? I'm sure Laker fans had a "W" penciled in before the opening tip, right?

They do have a favorable schedule, however, if I were a Laker fan do I want a cake schedule the few weeks of the season? The team could get a little soft and lose that edge going into the playoffs.

I'll choose my team playing at their best and sharp as a tack vs. having an easy last three weeks of competition that resulted in maybe a better seeding in the playoffs.

They won't go 16-0 because they already lost.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 12:19 AM   #26
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

nice jinx OP. i can always count on you.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:24 AM   #27
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ev08-
If Gasol/Bynum aren't back as predicted, I see us going 9-4.

Should they (especially Gasol) not be back as predicted I see the Lakers going 5-7. If he is back by the middle of the week I say 9-4.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:26 AM   #28
meh
Decent playground baller

meh has an OK reputation so far

Well, I guess we now know the answer to this question...

The Lakers need to improve their defense. I know Lakers fans like to say they're the 5th best defensive team efficiency wise. But realize that Lakers are a DISTANT 5th compared to the top 4 of SA, Detroit, Houston, and Boston.

In this regards, until Gasol AND Bynum comes back, their defense isn't good enough to go far in the playoffs. Too soft inside.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 01:34 AM   #29
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
that looks like a tough schedule to me.
I say 8 or 9 wins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
Yeah this sounds about right.

I stand by this prediction.
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:30 AM   #30
NBABaller