Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-23-2008, 04:49 AM   #31
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: YouTube of when Dwyane Wade was made untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KokeAyne
For sure...mad props to T-Mac for not giving a f*ck and saying what he really thought had happened...

So he has a cry about a player who was better then him at his position. What's your point? He doesn't have a ring, Wade does. You can argue all you want, fact is, Wade will always have that ring, while Nowitzki and T-Mac won't.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:58 AM   #32
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
poor tmac. he probably could have made it out of the 1st round at least once if he'd got those calls...

Agree
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:01 AM   #33
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I also don't understand how the playoffs are rigged? Why would they allow small market teams such as the San Antonio, Clevland and Detroit to an extent to make the finals?

Face it. Wade and the Heat were the best team that year and deserved their title. The Mavs crumbled and couldn't handle the pressure, and are trying to find an excuse to cover up their own mess.
Old 03-23-2008, 05:20 AM   #34
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I also don't understand how the playoffs are rigged? Why would they allow small market teams such as the San Antonio, Clevland and Detroit to an extent to make the finals?

Face it. Wade and the Heat were the best team that year and deserved their title. The Mavs crumbled and couldn't handle the pressure, and are trying to find an excuse to cover up their own mess.

Maybe Stern was betting against Mavericks

Ok but seriously i like Wade cant wait to see him back 100% :)
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:46 AM   #35
catquickspider
Serious playground baller

catquickspider has an OK reputation so far

it was not just wade and just on the offensive side

I still remember the end of game 5 when terry went for a fadeway near the FT line and was clearly hacked on the elbow by Wade...that was so blatant...I remember having screen caps of it that some mavs fan posted.

I don't think avery complained because he knew that he could have probably lessened the amount of calls by actually doubling wade.

I still think that series was rigged
catquickspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #36
-primetime-

Quote:

It was proven that last year's Suns/Spurs series was rigged...it has happened before so don't act like it is impossible....

I (like Cuban) believe that Stern was just very scared to have a German who can barely speak English as the NBA's top star during a time when the NBA is losing all of it's viewers...he saw that Wade/Shaq winning would be in the best interest of the NBA to capture more fans....kids that watch sports generally do not think Dirk is a "cool" player when compared to Wade...

I think that after game 2 Stern freaked out and let the refs know (probably with money) that they can't let the Mavs sweep the Heat because it will really dissappoint the average NBA fan...and the NBA will sink deeper into a hole....with Wade they could try to make him the next Jordan....you can't do that with Dirk
Old 03-23-2008, 03:42 PM   #37
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by -primetime-
It was proven that last year's Suns/Spurs series was rigged

How was it proven? Its speculated but not proven. And the NBA did have justification for the suspensions, so it is nowhere near proven.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #38
-primetime-

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
How was it proven? Its speculated but not proven. And the NBA did have justification for the suspensions, so it is nowhere near proven.
Did he not admitt to it

I thought that there was solid eveidence and he was fired because of it...
Old 03-23-2008, 03:55 PM   #39
GOAT:MANU
banned

GOAT:MANU has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: I just really really really had to remind people of this:

Quote:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=a_jsyxJVAXs

This video proves Lebron is made by the league.

wao, Lebron is the bigger flopper than MANU!!!!!!!!!!!
GOAT:MANU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:24 PM   #40
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Did he not admitt to it

I thought that there was solid eveidence and he was fired because of it...

Are you talking about Tim Donaghy? He admitted to gambling on games but didn't say which games were affected by his calls, in the sense that one team wouldn't have won/lost if it weren't for his calls. So I wouldn't say there was solid evidence that that series was rigged. If it was rigged, I don't see why Phoenix would've basically admitted that San Antonio was better and went off and traded Marion for Shaq,when they could've just blamed their loss on Tim Donaghy and the suspensions.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #41
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: I just really really really had to remind people of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOAT:MANU
wao, Lebron is the bigger flopper than MANU!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
I am a wacky foreigner. Please ignore my spelling errors and just focus on basketball ideas.

gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:44 PM   #42
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
It was proven that last year's Suns/Spurs series was rigged...it has happened before so don't act like it is impossible....

I (like Cuban) believe that Stern was just very scared to have a German who can barely speak English as the NBA's top star during a time when the NBA is losing all of it's viewers...he saw that Wade/Shaq winning would be in the best interest of the NBA to capture more fans....kids that watch sports generally do not think Dirk is a "cool" player when compared to Wade...

I think that after game 2 Stern freaked out and let the refs know (probably with money) that they can't let the Mavs sweep the Heat because it will really dissappoint the average NBA fan...and the NBA will sink deeper into a hole....with Wade they could try to make him the next Jordan....you can't do that with Dirk

Why would they let a little French pouint guard, Argentinian shooting guard, Argentinian Centre, Virgin Islands power forward and the dirtiest player in the game win the 2007 finals? Wouldn't you think letting the 2 time MVP win, would be better for ratings. This is pretty much your argument for Dirk not winning, yet 4 players not born on the US mainland win a title.

I don't see any of the Spurs players being the next MJ, yet they won a final. And they sure as hell don't play exciting basketball according to the average fan. So I don't see how they could have rigged the games to their favour (in order to get ratings, marketing, etc). As the Heat and the Spurs are not big market teams.

Last edited by plowking : 03-23-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2008, 09:24 PM   #43
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I just really really really had to remind people of this:
Well you really really really didin't need to make a thread about it becuase obviously bad calls are made alot of times in the NBA and it's not the players fault, but the referee and yet the player gets more blamed for it.
Thread was obviosly created by a Wade hater, hell I could do the same and make a thread and call it "how LeBron was made untouchable" and post this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2h6FTnf6LY
which is pointless because it's not the players fault, but the blind referee.
:)
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #44
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAYZIE
Well you really really really didin't need to make a thread about it becuase obviously bad calls are made alot of times in the NBA and it's not the players fault, but the referee and yet the player gets more blamed for it.
Thread was obviosly created by a Wade hater, hell I could do the same and make a thread and call it "how LeBron was made untouchable" and post this link.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2h6FTnf6LY
which is pointless because it's not the players fault, but the blind referee.
:)

Everytime Lebron drove their it was a foul. Kobe got jack called for him.

I also love how Lamar was fouled on the Lakers last shot and the commentator says, your not going to get a foul this late, you have to make a shot to win it in the NBA. Down the other end we go, Kobe gets a clean strip, and its a foul on the Lakers.

Anything to make Lebron look like the next MJ. Honestly, every single one of his drives, he is apparently fouled on. Defenders are baffled as to how to guard him without giving away technicals simply because he's Lebron. It's not like Lebron is humble about the whole thing, I heard he has "The Chosen One" or something along the lines of that across his back.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #45
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Difference between Mavs fans who claims Finals was rigged and casual fans who thought finals was rigged?

Mavs fans make no mention of Joe Crawford, Joe DeRosa, Bennett Salvatore, Bob Delanie, Steve Javie, Eddie Rush, Ken Mauer, Jack Niles, Dick Bivetta, Mike Callahan and Bernie Fryer. Most of whom if not all, are still referees in the league today.

Dallas fans act as if it's Wade's fault everytime the refs called a foul. If the ref's are bad, why are you blaming the player? Lol.

Just goes to show that immature Dallas fans will hate in the most asinine ways.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: