Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-18-2008, 12:00 AM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default CP3 shows how dominant he is, even in an ASG

He was running the show out there, and was obviously the best player on the court for the West. Quarterbacking on offense, and ripping guys left and right on defense. Steve Nash + defense = Chris Paul.

Best pg in the league. I'm a believer.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:27 AM   #2
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation
Default Re: CP3 shows how dominant he is, even in an ASG

The difference between him and Deron is that Deron would have gotten the win tonight.
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:28 AM   #3
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

i dont want to see this league in 5 years..

lebron, roy, paul, bynum in the peak of their primes
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:29 AM   #4
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

picc why you tryin to make everyone hate on Paul :)

His game is more oriented to all star-games
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #5
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
The difference between him and Deron is that Deron would have gotten the win tonight.

Who's team has the better record?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:40 AM   #6
YAH trick YAH
Local High School Star

YAH trick YAH has decent reputationYAH trick YAH has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Who's team has the better record?

Paul does, should I throw out the previous 2 seasons for you to look at and maybe while I'm at it I'll state the playoff records. How about head to head records between the two?
YAH trick YAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:43 AM   #7
xTozer
Kids at the park dunk on me

xTozer has an OK reputation so far

Why do people think Paul is a good defender? Hes quick and has good hands, hes not lock down at all. Hes one of few PGs to get taken advantage of on the Defensive end numerous times this season (Nash included). Calderon had 17 and 10, Nash dropped 32 with 12 Assists, Deron has had 29 with 11 Assists, Baron Davis got 26 and 8, Parker had 27 and 8, Tinsleys dropped 18 and 13 on him, the list does go on.

I just hate how its a foregone conclusion that Paul is a lockdown defender because he gets 3 Steals a game, hes not even Iverson level defensively, who is one of the Most Overated current Defensive Players today.
xTozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #8
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

When i say Nash with defense, I don't mean Paul is a great one on one defender or anything. But he obvioulsy had a great impact on the defense end making deflections and stripping guys. Saying he's not good on defense is just ridiculous. He may not lock his man down but he's gonna cause havoc on help D.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:02 AM   #9
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
He was running the show out there, and was obviously the best player on the court for the West. Quarterbacking on offense, and ripping guys left and right on defense. Steve Nash + defense = Chris Paul.

the only dude that came to play for the West.CP3
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:08 AM   #10
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTozer
Why do people think Paul is a good defender? Hes quick and has good hands, hes not lock down at all. Hes one of few PGs to get taken advantage of on the Defensive end numerous times this season (Nash included). Calderon had 17 and 10, Nash dropped 32 with 12 Assists, Deron has had 29 with 11 Assists, Baron Davis got 26 and 8, Parker had 27 and 8, Tinsleys dropped 18 and 13 on him, the list does go on
I just hate how its a foregone conclusion that Paul is a lockdown defender because he gets 3 Steals a game, hes not even Iverson level defensively, who is one of the Most Overated current Defensive Players today.
lol hater. the list doesnt go on
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:13 AM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Paul was clearly the best point guard on the floor. I've been saying for some time that I would rather have Deron Williams on my team, but I'm starting to rethink that stance. Paul is amazing.

Actually, I thought Paul and Roy were the most impressive players on the West's team this year.

The young talent that this league has.... and factor in the guys that will be coming in next year...

The NBA is in good hands, that is for sure.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:56 AM   #12
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH

The difference between him and Deron was that Deron was not there tonight.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:57 AM   #13
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Paul was clearly the best point guard on the floor. I've been saying for some time that I would rather have Deron Williams on my team, but I'm starting to rethink that stance. Paul is amazing.

Actually, I thought Paul and Roy were the most impressive players on the West's team this year.

The young talent that this league has.... and factor in the guys that will be coming in next year...

The NBA is in good hands, that is for sure.

Yeah, those were the two young guys who actually looked like they were playing to win for the West team. Amare too.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:05 AM   #14
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

I kind of felt like Roy was trying to set up Chris Paul a lot, especially in the 4th quarter. He kept giving him the ball. It seemed like he wanted Paul to be the hero for his home town team. Can't say I blame him, since that would have been an awesome story.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 03:07 AM   #15
Bimbo Coles
High school junior varsity star

Bimbo Coles has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
He's a fine 1 but I'd still take Kidd over him. Declining defence and no shot? It doesn't matter. Everyone jumps out of their skin when they are on the same court as him. Id take him over any pg.
Bimbo Coles is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: