Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 AM   #91
miles berg
MFFL
 
miles berg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dublin TX
Posts: 2,866
miles berg is considered somewhat coolmiles berg is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kidd already is preparing for his Dallas tenure

Dampier is all we need to go to war, the guy is so underrated around here it makes me sense. One of the best man to man interior defenders in the league as well as one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.

That is all you need/want for Damp. This is why Cuban gave him the big money, to go to war defensively & on the boards against the bigs out West. It has only been Duncan since Damp got here but now, with Bynum, Shaq, and even Ming to an extent, the West has size and Dampier will start to show his value.

When you have a team with a quartet like Nowitzki, Kidd, Josh Howard, & Jason Terry you don't need 15 ppg from your big man. You need top level defense & rebounding and that is exactly what Dampier provides.
miles berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 AM   #92
link
Serious playground baller
 
link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 240
link has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kidd already is preparing for his Dallas tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdig06
They may not have to worry about the Lakers in the Playoffs....Isnt Kobe expected to miss some time with that finger injury? I think Grandpa Shaq is the least of their worries, but now that Diop is officially gone.....Duncan will cause the mavs some problems.

What do you mean they don't have to worry about the Lakers? You think they're going to miss the playoffs or not get past the first round with a pinkie-injured Kobe? Seriously? West is so tight, you don't know who's playing who in the playoffs.
link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:50 AM   #93
digdig06
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5
digdig06 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kidd already is preparing for his Dallas tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by link
What do you mean they don't have to worry about the Lakers? You think they're going to miss the playoffs or not get past the first round with a pinkie-injured Kobe? Seriously? West is so tight, you don't know who's playing who in the playoffs.

Exactly. With the west being so tight, a little injury like kobe's and a big injury like bynums could make a difference when it comes to the getting that last seed. I doubt that it happens, but you never know.....
digdig06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:56 AM   #94
link
Serious playground baller
 
link's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 240
link has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kidd already is preparing for his Dallas tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdig06
Exactly. With the west being so tight, a little injury like kobe's and a big injury like bynums could make a difference when it comes to the getting that last seed. I doubt that it happens, but you never know.....

I'll go out on a limb and say the Lakers and Mavericks make the playoffs. And if they meet, Dallas is going to have a hell of a time handling Bynum, Pau, and Odom.
link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:58 AM   #95
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Nets 2nd round, Knick 37-45
Posts: 14,049
Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kidd already is preparing for his Dallas tenure

The Nets team won't split if he wants out. For Dallas, I hope they can give Kidd a ring at the end of his career. You know how badly Kidd is seeking for the championship.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:07 AM   #96
DatZNasty
NBA rookie of the year
 
DatZNasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,845
DatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat coolDatZNasty is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kidd already is preparing for his Dallas tenure

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles berg
Dampier is all we need to go to war, the guy is so underrated around here it makes me sense. One of the best man to man interior defenders in the league as well as one of the best offensive rebounders in the league.

That is all you need/want for Damp. This is why Cuban gave him the big money, to go to war defensively & on the boards against the bigs out West. It has only been Duncan since Damp got here but now, with Bynum, Shaq, and even Ming to an extent, the West has size and Dampier will start to show his value.

When you have a team with a quartet like Nowitzki, Kidd, Josh Howard, & Jason Terry you don't need 15 ppg from your big man. You need top level defense & rebounding and that is exactly what Dampier provides.
And after Damp picks up 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes, as he inevitably does, then what?

And Dampier can't guard Shaq and Amare, Bynum and Gasol at the same time anyways.
DatZNasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #97
BballFan422
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this final: Kidd trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
I know there are other threads but just read this on Yahoo sports that the deal went down:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080218/...bkn_kidd_trade
I really hope it is just to end the waiting for both teams so everyone can get on with there lives.

The question that I have is: Rod Thorn said that he was planning on keeping Stackhouse if he was included in the trade. So, if there was no deal for Stack to be bought out and become a Mav again, why is he no longer a part of the deal?
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM   #98
chuckyboy34
High School Starter
 
chuckyboy34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 798
chuckyboy34 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this final: Kidd trade

i was wondering, didnt the mavs let go of steve nash just a couple season ago? are they admitting that they need a better point guard now? seems like a do-over to me. but nonetheless im happy for kidd. he seemed like a zombie out there in the bronx.
chuckyboy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #99
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick
 
DoubleTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: T-Dot
Posts: 4,265
DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Is this final: Kidd trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballFan422
The question that I have is: Rod Thorn said that he was planning on keeping Stackhouse if he was included in the trade. So, if there was no deal for Stack to be bought out and become a Mav again, why is he no longer a part of the deal?


because Thorn is a liar?

do you believe everything you see on TV?
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #100
BballFan422
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this final: Kidd trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
because Thorn is a liar?

do you believe everything you see on TV?

Nah, I knew the Mavs weren't giving up Stack. I was moreso questioning why he would say he was planning on keeping him rather than saying he didn't know of any plan for the Mavs to re-aquire him. He has every right to buy out a player if he wants.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #101
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)
 
dirkdiggler41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,398
dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board
Default Re: Is this final: Kidd trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyboy34
i was wondering, didnt the mavs let go of steve nash just a couple season ago? are they admitting that they need a better point guard now? seems like a do-over to me. but nonetheless im happy for kidd. he seemed like a zombie out there in the bronx.

Nash sucked in the playoff, did not play defence. Kidd might not be as good as Nash, but he still a much better defender.
The ironi is that we signed Erick Dampier for the money we could use on Nash. Lol
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #102
BballFan422
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 356
BballFan422 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Is this final: Kidd trade

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckyboy34
i was wondering, didnt the mavs let go of steve nash just a couple season ago? are they admitting that they need a better point guard now? seems like a do-over to me. but nonetheless im happy for kidd. he seemed like a zombie out there in the bronx.

They thought that Nash's best years were behind him.

My concern would be who replaces Diop? Dampier is foul and injury prone.

Last edited by BballFan422 : 02-18-2008 at 02:00 PM.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:56 PM   #103
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It
 
ForceOfNature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,146
ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Kidd Trade appears back on...(KVH/Hassel to replace Stackhouse/George in trade)

This is MUCH better for Dallas than the previous deal. Now they get to keep their 2nd best bench player (Stackhouse) as well as Devean George. For the Nets, this is not a good trade.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #104
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies
 
GOBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Illadelph live 215
Posts: 51,224
GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kidd Trade appears back on...(KVH/Hassel to replace Stackhouse/George in trade)

Only in the NBA can you be Aaron Mckie, Amal Mccaskill and Van Horn where you can get lots of $$$$$$$$ to literally do not a single thing.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #105
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est
 
ErhnamDjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lurking in Dominaria
Posts: 2,575
ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Kidd Trade appears back on...(KVH/Hassel to replace Stackhouse/George in trade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Only in the NBA can you be Aaron Mckie, Amal Mccaskill and Van Horn where you can get lots of $$$$$$$$ to literally do not a single thing.
yup I heard Van horn will get a 4 mil contract good for 2 months
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy