Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2008, 08:46 PM   #46
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Default Re: Sheed and wife would rather be in the Bahamas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonterry
he can do that in the offseason. theres people with real jobs out there. i wonder what would happen if every doctor who gets called in at 3am for an emergency when he's supposed to be resting pulled this crap.

Your comparing Rasheed going to an exhibition game with a doctor that is doing his job, but in an emergency situation? :
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:51 PM   #47
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
Your comparing Rasheed going to an exhibition game with a doctor that is doing his job, but in an emergency situation? :

the situation isn't exacly the same but it shows what a clown Rasheed is. you're getting a free plan flight for the all star game to play for 15 minutes and you make millions a year. get some perspective.
jasonterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #48
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Quote:
the situation isn't exacly the same but it shows what a clown Rasheed is. you're getting a free plan flight for the all star game to play for 15 minutes and you make millions a year. get some perspective.

You gotta get perspective, as in perspective from Rasheed's point of view. To most of us, basketball is a fun game, but whether you like it or not this is still a job for Rasheed Wallace. A job that he does very well and has done very well for over a decade. The guy made plans to spend a few days with his wife in the tropics and had to cancel those plans to go play in an exhibition game, not because he was voted in or picked by the coaches but as an injury replacement chosen by Stern.

I can't see how Rasheed being less then enthusiastic about it makes him some sort of bad sport or a crybaby. I'm sure the free flight to New Orleans was a huge bonus for him.
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:05 PM   #49
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
he can do that in the offseason. theres people with real jobs out there. i wonder what would happen if every doctor who gets called in at 3am for an emergency when he's supposed to be resting pulled this crap.

yea, except HES NOT A DOCTOR. stop being such a moron.

and then saying he'd be a welfare abuser? WTF is your problem kid? pissed your lifelong dream of playing in the NBA will NEVER happen so you are crying about what another guy is doing our of you pathetic frustration?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:08 PM   #50
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
yea, except HES NOT A DOCTOR. stop being such a moron.

and then saying he'd be a welfare abuser? WTF is your problem kid? pissed your lifelong dream of playing in the NBA will NEVER happen so you are crying about what another guy is doing our of you pathetic frustration?

you sound like a retard. He makes millions to play a game and is invited to a game that represents the best of his sport. His attitude is disrespectful and shows why so many people hate the NBA...

i'm probably older than you so don't refer to me as "kid".
Old 02-17-2008, 09:09 PM   #51
jasonterry
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
You gotta get perspective, as in perspective from Rasheed's point of view. To most of us, basketball is a fun game, but whether you like it or not this is still a job for Rasheed Wallace. A job that he does very well and has done very well for over a decade. The guy made plans to spend a few days with his wife in the tropics and had to cancel those plans to go play in an exhibition game, not because he was voted in or picked by the coaches but as an injury replacement chosen by Stern.

I can't see how Rasheed being less then enthusiastic about it makes him some sort of bad sport or a crybaby. I'm sure the free flight to New Orleans was a huge bonus for him.

he can wait till the end of your season. When you make millions to play a game you owe a responsibility to fans. why people can't understand that is beyond me.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:12 PM   #52
kentatm
NBA Legend

Quote:
you sound like a retard. He makes millions to play a game and is invited to a game that represents the best of his sport. His attitude is disrespectful and shows why so many people hate the NBA...

i'm probably older than you so don't refer to me as "kid".

Its NOT an invite child. Its a command from the NBA.

and guess what little one? He is there. He didn't cause a stink, he didnt protest, he didnt suddenly get hurt. He was asked if he was excited and he said what he'd rather be doing. Who gives a crap except for small minded children like you?

yessa massa, i'sa gonna be soooo happy to play. i'sa do whateva you say no problems from me!

your attitude shows why so many people hate morons.

Quote:
he can wait till the end of your season. When you make millions to play a game you owe a responsibility to fans. why people can't understand that is beyond me.

yea. the fans that didn't vote him in. riiiiight.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:13 PM   #53
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

LOL

Sheed knows that he is not the most popular player playing for the least popular franchise… When he was selected as a replacement, pretty sure he knew that there were others who were deserving, and knew that many were going to bittich that he was an "all-star" and countered with this attitude that "I'd rather be on the beach than playing a meaningless game".

Face it, most everyone here hate Rasheed. I mean this is the guy that confronted a ref, in a threatening manner. This is a guy that whines about every call on the floor. The audacity that he'd comment on having to play a game that no one wanted him to play at a time that he wanted to take a break from the game. Rasheed has played close to 100 games a season since 2004 and has put time in the summer too (especially after the 2005 debacle)…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:48 PM   #54
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Did any of you guys stop and think that maybe Rasheed is just tired of playing basketball too?

I mean it has to happen at some point, where there is a player in the league who is very talented, but just doesn't want to play basketball and just does it because its their job and it pays VERY well.

I mean, it would explain his attitude over the years and how his play comes and goes with his attitude.

Not to mention, basketball probably just isn't as much fun when you have people pressuring you to win nonstop and fans making all kinds of nasty comments to you when you don't do well.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:57 PM   #55
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

turns out this entire thread was uncalled for. reporters misconstrued sheed as being annoyed that he had to play in this game, but it turns out this isn't even close to the truth. marv said that when sheed was told he made the asg last wednesday, he was excited and happy to cancel his bahamas trip. so no more need to argue and make ridiculous comparisons of the asg to doctors on call at 3am and a trip to the bahamas the same thing as your grandmas funeral or whatever.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:58 PM   #56
Fedor - Laker
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Gate receipts are not what makes a players salary. Players get their salary from the TV contract within their media market.
uhm actually it does.

The money from the ticket goes to the franchise/stadium/etc, thus pooling into player's salaries in addition with sponsors, advertisements, and tv contracts as you mentioned.
Fedor - Laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #57
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Rasheed and other NBA players devote a lot of time/effort/energy into this. If he wants some time off to spend with his wife, then what's the big deal? Most of these guys go long stretches of time w/o seeing their families. He's done the whole all-star game thing before. Of course it's an honor and privilege to play, but after several seasons of extended postseason play, he prob. doesn't mind the break........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:14 PM   #58
nbapoints
Decent playground baller

Looked like Rasheed and Lebron were enjoying the music during introductions more than anyone.

I can't get too down on him for saying that stuff. He showed up and is enjoying himself. No big deal to me. But damn, New Orleans is a great place to vacation also.
nbapoints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:55 PM   #59
Smokee
Banned

i dont see the big deal. So what, he had a trip to the bahamas setup and this came up. Who wouldnt rather be in the bahamas? still Rasheed acting like he wasnt complaining more that his wife was. big deal?

not to mention he got picked as a replacement so i dont blame him for not wanting to be there anyways.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: