Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2008, 01:21 PM   #136
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Green's Birthday Cake Dunk or Dwight's Superman Dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
Follow the flock sheep. All the morons like you and Goob will start calling your lay ins dunks now. I guess a full court shot thrown with one hand and all your might can now be considered a dunk because it was "powered" in. Nice try trying to fit in though. Play again next time noob.

It's dunk when it is thrown downward, into the basket. When the point of release is above the rim, and there is no upward arc. Is this really so hard to understand? Being an obnoxious child about it won't change the meaning of the word.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:35 PM   #137
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
Yeah it was. By at least half an inch if not a full inch. You could really see it from the second replay they showed from the side.

Ok, I think we just view "head above the rim" differently. What he did was what I consider his head at rim level. When I hear "head above the rim" I think getting the chin at rim level, because that is when his whole head is above the rim.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:13 PM   #138
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

Superman was better simply because it was more entertaining. All these people trying to get technical about it "not being a dunk" fail to realize that there aren't any rules in the dunk contest. Whatever the judges/crowd like the best, IS the best.

If you didn't like it because he didn't touch the rim, you have every right to that opinion. But don't tell the rest of us what to think.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #139
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Both were creative. I actually think the birthday dunk was alot harder.

Superman dunk wasn't "a dunk". He got lucky the ball went in. It was fun to watch but.....

I personally thought the birthday dunk had a higher degree of difficulty. Green should have put on a birthday hat to add to the showmanship of it. Maybe that would have helped.

Last edited by bagelred : 02-17-2008 at 05:30 PM.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #140
Jordan Pippen Rodman
Decent playground baller

Jordan Pippen Rodman has an OK reputation so far

what does old man shaq think about the Superman dunk? now everyone knows Dwight Howard is the new superman and the diesel is just out of gas!
Jordan Pippen Rodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 05:27 PM   #141
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here

Birthday cause Dwights wasnt even a dunk
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #142
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Unreal Skill has an OK reputation so far

Superman dunk wasn't impressive at all. Overrated. He got 50 only because of the costume.

I'm pretty sure if Gerald dressed like Superman and blew out the candle, it would be overrated as well.

Cake>superman
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #143
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

The cake was just as gimmicky. It was just a regular dunk. I've seen plenty of players get up that high.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 07:42 PM   #144
sbw19
Decent college freshman

sbw19 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FPower
Superman was better simply because it was more entertaining. All these people trying to get technical about it "not being a dunk" fail to realize that there aren't any rules in the dunk contest. Whatever the judges/crowd like the best, IS the best.

If you didn't like it because he didn't touch the rim, you have every right to that opinion. But don't tell the rest of us what to think.

Thank you very much. What many of those who bashed the superman dunk (or Dwight for that matter) don't bear in mind is this: the gimmick was a double-edged sword because he HAD to make whatever dunk he had in mind in the first attempt, or it'd severely backfire (I mean superman missing a dunk? what's up with that?). And when you consider everything ie the difficulty of the dunk itself (from the assist which had to be just right, to the timing of his execution which was more or less perfect), I think it deserves to be up there with the best in terms of entertainment, which's what the slam-dunk content is all about, and Dwight Howard DELIVERED.

Last edited by sbw19 : 02-17-2008 at 07:46 PM.
sbw19 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: