Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #31
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kobe Bryant is selfish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
What can they be appealing? If that's the rule, then that's the rule.

They are trying to get an exception since he is really injured. That rule was put in place to avoid stars faking injuries to miss the all game as was happening all the time. Now we have a star who is really injured so the rule is backfiring.

I doubt the league will make the exception. Kobe hasn't done anything wrong. The Lakers have contacted the league to see if they can get him a pass, if not he will play in the allstar so that he will not miss the first Laker game after the break.

It's all really pretty simple. There should not even be an argument one way or the other unless you have a problem with Kobe's personal preference of wanting to rest his finger instead of play in the allstar game.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #32
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Well, even if he has to play, I'm sure the West coach will limit his minutes as a courtesy.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:32 PM   #33
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well, even if he has to play, I'm sure the West coach will limit his minutes as a courtesy.

Especially since that coach is Byron Scott ;)
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #34
Silverbullit
Good college starter

Silverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected posterSilverbullit is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatZNasty
He is, he has asked OUT of the game, but he still has to do what the league tells him or be punished. Since he didn't miss any games preceeding the ASG, it's up to Stern whether or not he'd allow him to sit out, because they have a rule where if Stern wants you to participate in ASW events, you have to. This is to avoid players just skipping the weekend because they don't want to go, a problem they've run into before with veterans who get selected to the game but don't want to go.

Maybe that's the reason TMac tanked so far
Silverbullit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:59 PM   #35
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe said he's playing in the All-Star, ESPN just annouced it at 6PM CST
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 08:10 AM   #36
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
What can they be appealing? If that's the rule, then that's the rule.

I'm guessing it's because it's a dumb rule. What if a player played the last game before the ASG and suffers a viral flu through the allstar break and intends to rest so he can play the first game post ASG? Would he be suspended?

With Kobe I don't know, I'm guessing one extra exhibition game doesn't make a difference to his hand since he already decided to play through the season the playoffs and the olympics.

However, seeing as he was just diagnosed a few days ago and this will be his first game knowing about the gravity of the injury, I don't blame the organization for being a little shaken up.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 10:01 AM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Chances are, Byron Scott will play him for a few minutes at the beginning of the first and the second halves, and then allow him to sit for the duration of those halves. I'm not sure how the league will react to that, however. People are likely to complain.

Oh, and @ the threadstarter and the title of this thread. Amazing...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:03 AM   #38
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

I don't get it, it says on yahoo the Stu Jackson ordered for Byron Scott to just play Kobe a few minutes??

Wouldn't they rather just swallow their pride and get a replacement?
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #39
KINGD
Banned

KINGD has an OK reputation so far

The league needs Kobe. Even if it's only 3 min.zLOL
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 AM   #40
kenmax1983
I airball my layups

kenmax1983 has an OK reputation so far

absolutely not, what a pity kobe-haters. when kobe score 81 points ,they say"oh ,kobe have little assists, when kobe help lakers won the 3rd place in the north league now ,they have to lie to beat kobe.

but they are wrong, the nba fans are smart,
kenmax1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:27 AM   #41
Laker4Lyfe
City Of Champions

Laker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation hereLaker4Lyfe has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopShootinKobe
I wish he sat out, I don't need to see 20 taken shots.

Is that from everyone or just Kobe?
Laker4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:30 AM   #42
KINGD
Banned

KINGD has an OK reputation so far

Kobe haters are morons.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 02:33 AM   #43
Walton_04
Decent playground baller

Walton_04 has an OK reputation so far

I'm just amazed this thread has 42 posts.
Walton_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:04 AM   #44
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

well now that all is done, i think the league rules are retarded. They could have used the space to showcase some other deserving young star, instead kobe basically had to take up a spot in the line-up.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:07 AM   #45
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
well now that all is done, i think the league rules are retarded. They could have used the space to showcase some other deserving young star, instead kobe basically had to take up a spot in the line-up.

Not by his own choice, mind you. I do agree they should have replaced him, but not at the cost of him being suspended.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: