Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-16-2008, 01:10 AM   #31
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did Bron just put Cavs management on notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
No, don't be in such denial. Lebron is as good as gone and your franchise will be in ruins for who knows how long. It's a fact and reality. Hold onto your Lebron memories and cherish them. Lebron is bigger than the Cavs.

can't tell if this dude is a cavs fan that fears the loss of his idol (thus trying not to get his hopes up in case he departs), or just a super bron hater. either way, his comments are ridiculous and extreme.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:13 AM   #32
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

If there are no major FA acquisitions, Lebrons jetting Cleveland for a bigger market.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:16 AM   #33
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
can't tell if this dude is a cavs fan that fears the loss of his idol (thus trying not to get his hopes up in case he departs), or just a super bron hater. either way, his comments are ridiculous and extreme.
A. I'm not a Cavs fan. I'm a Lakers fan.
B. I like Lebron the player. Could give a crap about him as a person.
C. My comments are not ridiculous. There's something called the real world and judgment of character. Lebron hangs around the likes of JayZ and throws Rockafella signs and claims he wants to be the richest man in the world. He's got money on his mind and his mind on his money. He gets like double what he gets paid now from Nike. He hits a big market and he quadruples his sponsorships. Don't believe me? Make sure and bookmark this thread. I can just about guarantee you. I have no bias here. Just keeping it in perspective.
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #34
Tainted Sword
World Champion WOOOO~!

Tainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat coolTainted Sword is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
If there are no major FA acquisitions, Lebrons jetting Cleveland for a bigger market.
Hell, I'm fine with that so long as it isn't a West team.
Tainted Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:33 AM   #35
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
A. I'm not a Cavs fan. I'm a Lakers fan.
B. I like Lebron the player. Could give a crap about him as a person.
C. My comments are not ridiculous. There's something called the real world and judgment of character. Lebron hangs around the likes of JayZ and throws Rockafella signs and claims he wants to be the richest man in the world. He's got money on his mind and his mind on his money. He gets like double what he gets paid now from Nike. He hits a big market and he quadruples his sponsorships. Don't believe me? Make sure and bookmark this thread. I can just about guarantee you. I have no bias here. Just keeping it in perspective.
He isn't throwing the 'Rockafella' sign. The sign he throws is an 'A', which is a shout out to his former teammates at Akron St. Vincent St. Mary High School. They are still very close friends. They all threw the 'A' up when they were in high school.

Yeah... They probably stole the idea from Rocka, but it is not a shout out to Jay-Z.

Also, you may want to note that he said he wanted to be one of the richest people in the world and be a CEO of his own company when asked a question about his off the court activity and what he plans to do when he is done with basketball. That quote has been taken out of context for so long that people have completely CHANGED the context.

I will also point out that he was 19-years old when he said that. I said a lot of stupid sh!t when I was young and immature, as well.... People just weren't sticking microphones in my face.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:34 AM   #36
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
My comments are not ridiculous. There's something called the real world and judgment of character. Lebron hangs around the likes of JayZ and throws Rockafella signs and claims he wants to be the richest man in the world. He's got money on his mind and his mind on his money. He gets like double what he gets paid now from Nike. He hits a big market and he quadruples his sponsorships. Don't believe me? Make sure and bookmark this thread. I can just about guarantee you. I have no bias here. Just keeping it in perspective.

Ok. I got you. You're 100% certain that bron is leaving Cleveland even tho I guarantee even he isn't. That's not ridiculous or extreme. :)

PB actually had a good point. If he was 100% going to leave Cleveland, why would he ask for better teammates? You yourself said he'll use the sh!tty team as an excuse to leave for a bigger market. Oh wait, this is just a ploy so people think he wants better teammates, when really he doesn't b/c he's 100% certain he's gone to a bigger market in 2 years.

He def does not get double from nike if he goes to a bigger market. Someone said like 15%. Yeah that's a lot (in the multimillions) but I read he's been investing in real estate and all sorts of sh!t like a business man b/c he wants to be so rich. I think his money making plans are more based in investments, than in a 15% raise from nike. And the main reason I think both he and Wade and Bosh and others didn't take the extended contract (they all don't get raises from nike if they go to a bigger market do they?) was so that they could re-sign for that much more that much sooner. For example it's probably smarter when you know you will be a top player in the league to instead of taking a 4 yr 80M contract, take a 3 yr 60M and then re-sign for maybe 25-30M a year after the shorter contract is up. You end up making more that way.

Yeah Cleveland isn't as big of a market as other cities, but LeBron is doing just fine where he is. $90M nike deal, $150M microsoft deal + countless smaller ones. I don't think his sponserships will "quadruple" in a bigger market. I'm pretty sure his number one priority is getting better teammates and hopefully a championship for Cleveland.

All said and done, I'm not saying he's absolutely going to stay (he absolutely shouldn't if he never gets decent teammates). I'm just saying that someone that guarantees he'll leave is just being silly and extreme. There's something called the real world.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:38 AM   #37
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As I've said before, I've been a Cavs fan since '99 since I was 15. I really hope the Cavs at least make a move in the next 1-2 years to honestly help LeBron out to make a legitiment run for the finals for at least 3-5 years. If not, I'm afraid he's going to turn into Kevin Garnett or T-Mac and move somewhere else to try to win it all, which most players do.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:41 AM   #38
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
Ok. I got you. You're 100% certain that bron is leaving Cleveland even tho I guarantee even he isn't. That's not ridiculous or extreme. :)

PB actually had a good point. If he was 100% going to leave Cleveland, why would he ask for better teammates? You yourself said he'll use the sh!tty team as an excuse to leave for a bigger market. Oh wait, this is just a ploy so people think he wants better teammates, when really he doesn't b/c he's 100% certain he's gone to a bigger market in 2 years.

He def does not get double from nike if he goes to a bigger market. Someone said like 15%. Yeah that's a lot (in the multimillions) but I read he's been investing in real estate and all sorts of sh!t like a business man b/c he wants to be so rich. I think his money making plans are more based in investments, than in a 15% raise from nike. And the main reason I think both he and Wade and Bosh and others didn't take the extended contract (they all don't get raises from nike if they go to a bigger market do they?) was so that they could re-sign for that much more that much sooner. For example it's probably smarter when you know you will be a top player in the league to instead of taking a 4 yr 80M contract, take a 3 yr 60M and then re-sign for maybe 25-30M a year after the shorter contract is up. You end up making more that way.

Yeah Cleveland isn't as big of a market as other cities, but LeBron is doing just fine where he is. $90M nike deal, $150M microsoft deal + countless smaller ones. I don't think his sponserships will "quadruple" in a bigger market. I'm pretty sure his number one priority is getting better teammates and hopefully a championship for Cleveland.

All said and done, I'm not saying he's absolutely going to stay (he absolutely shouldn't if he never gets decent teammates). I'm just saying that someone that guarantees he'll leave is just being silly and extreme. There's something called the real world.
People act as though this is 1950 and you have to be in one of the four major markets in the country to get recognition. In this era of globalization, over-saturation, 100 sports channels, etc., you don't have to be in certain areas to be the most recognized athlete in the world. Hell... he is already one of the world's most recognized athletes... (they love him in Europe and Asia)

LeBron may leave Cleveland, but it won't be for lack of recognition. It will be because the Cavs did a sh!tty job of surrounding him with a respectable supporting cast.

Do you really think people in China, Japan, England... not to mention every state in this country cares WHERE he is playing? The Cavs are nationally broadcast as much as any team in the NBA. You can buy the NBA Package and see every single Cavalier game.

The guy is in the process of building a 35,000+ square foot home just outside of Cleveland... He could have made himself a free agent, but chose to sign an extension...

That doesn't sound like a guy that can't wait to get out of Cleveland, to me.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:58 AM   #39
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If they don't give Bron another superstar, he's gone.

There is no reason for him to stay.

More money to make in another city, and a better chance to win with a team that will blow the luxury tax to win a 'ship.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:10 AM   #40
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I don't think its insincere as that SOB is certainly not humble about how he feels about himself. The fact that he called himself along with Kobe the 2 ultimate competitors in the league is a pretty cocky thing to say.

Do you ever stop hating on him? LeBron was very humble in that interview.

He and Kobe are popularly regarded as the top 2 competitors in the league, with Kobe slightly ahead of him. He called himself "an ultimate competitor," being a top 3 player in the best basketball league in the world... How do you get more competitive than that? Nothing he said was arrogant. Insincere? Maybe. Nothing was straight up cocky.
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:44 AM   #41
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
"Me being the ultimate competitor in our sport...me and uh Kobe Bryant".

Something must have happened during the Team USA expedition this summer. He mentions Kobe nonstop. "If Kobe can't win an MVP I have no chance". Two alpha males like that...you know they must have met on a court and settled it.

He's talked about Kobe like that since he entered the league. Matter fact if anybody knows that you do since you've been making a thread every time you can find a quote of him complimenting Kobe. Don't play dumb.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 07:54 AM   #42
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The last time Lebron publicly asked for help, the Cavs signed the biggest FA available just to make a move that made them look they we're trying to improve the team. You know who I'm talking about.

Lebron or any other superstar (that's you Kobe) should not say these kind of things to the press. They just put more pressure on their GM. There's nothing positive about this.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 09:16 AM   #43
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
BTW, he also gave Kobe more props as the best in the league.

these verbal admirations are part of the "nicer" nba these days when it comes to the superstars

kobe will say similiar things regarding lebron

but the comments are usually boring and do not have much substance. kinda like the superstars in the league these days

(gilbert arenas is the exception to the general rule)
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:09 AM   #44
Uberbunk
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Uberbunk has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Re: Did Bron just put Cavs management on notice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
To tell you the truth, everytime he talks about Kobe like that, he seems insincere.

I wouldn't put it above someone like Nike or PR people to ask him to say that. I mean, Kobe gets called out for having a big "ego". Maybe James is just going with the "selfless" persona that he seems to have and the media is always talking about.

I'm just playing devil's advocate with that one.

But anyways, Lebron definately called out the Cavs management. He said something like, "Kobe called out the Lakers and they got Gasol, I need some help too."
With Kobe crying about how he is irritated in L.A. Cleveland should somehow find a way to pick up Kobe so the cavs can experience complete dominance over the nba...although honestly what would be a dream would be to fire big Z and pick up the illustrious Howard...but then thats dreaming
Uberbunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 04:16 AM   #45
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I dont blame Lebron calling out the FO for help. Hes been doing it for 2 years now with no real talent to push them over the top of the current East.

Sadly, they have no real bargaining chips to get some help. So if 2010 comes with no miracle signing or trade, he may just leave, or be coehersed into staying with promises of signings that may never come.
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: