Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2008, 11:38 PM   #16
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Did Bron just put Cavs management on notice?

Quote:
To tell you the truth, everytime he talks about Kobe like that, he seems insincere.

I wouldn't say insincere since he and Kobe are pretty cool. He has better stats than Kobe this year so saying something like this makes him look good too...

Last edited by konex : 02-15-2008 at 11:42 PM.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:41 PM   #17
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

"Me being the ultimate competitor in our sport...me and uh Kobe Bryant".

Something must have happened during the Team USA expedition this summer. He mentions Kobe nonstop. "If Kobe can't win an MVP I have no chance". Two alpha males like that...you know they must have met on a court and settled it.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:42 PM   #18
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I wouldn't say insincere. He has better stats than Kobe this year so saying something like this makes him look good too...
It's all a game. Players and reporters play the media game. Even if Lebron didn't think Kobe is the best, he sure as hell isn't going to say that on TV. He's going to say Kobe's the best, and give props. Nobody says what they really feel, except Chuck, and that's why I respect him even when he's being a dumbass.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #19
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

If only the Cavs were able to unload Hughes. Not even Isiah Thomas would be dumb enough to take him on. Cavs are locked in on Hughes and I guess they deserve it. They could have had Redd with a little red carpet treatment but nahhh. Lmao serves them right. : They could have had Ray Ray also but they ended up with Hughes. Ftw?
Eldrunko247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:50 PM   #20
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
It's all a game. Players and reporters play the media game. Even if Lebron didn't think Kobe is the best, he sure as hell isn't going to say that on TV. He's going to say Kobe's the best, and give props. Nobody says what they really feel, except Chuck, and that's why I respect him even when he's being a dumbass.

Why specifically keep mentioning Kobe though? What about Duncan, Garnett, Wade, Nash etc.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:52 PM   #21
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

ChrisConley has an OK reputation so far

i hope the cavs don't do sh!t. and come 2010, the lure of manhattan will call out to the king. he won't be able to resist the biggest market in the nation.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:53 PM   #22
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Eldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat coolEldrunko247 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisConley
i hope the cavs don't do sh!t. and come 2010, the lure of manhattan will call out to the king. he won't be able to resist the biggest market in the nation.
You think we don't know that already? Lebron ain't staying in Cleveland regardless.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:54 PM   #23
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Why specifically keep mentioning Kobe though? What about Duncan, Garnett, Wade, Nash etc.

everybody says kobe is the best in the league. every media outlet (tv, internet, magazines). he's just going with the flow. if he says otherwise, there's controversy. if he says kobe, everyone's like "oh yeah, obviously... next topic".
Old 02-15-2008, 11:56 PM   #24
ChrisConley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
You think we don't know that already? Lebron ain't staying in Cleveland regardless.

what are you talking about he won't stay regardless. he'll definitely stay if they put some decent friggin players around him. the chances of him leaving are not nearly as good as i hope and dream they are. don't kid yourself. he'll probably stay (unless they don't do a damn thing).
Old 02-16-2008, 12:00 AM   #25
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Quote:
what are you talking about he won't stay regardless. he'll definitely stay if they put some decent friggin players around him. the chances of him leaving are not nearly as good as i hope and dream they are. don't kid yourself. he'll probably stay (unless they don't do a damn thing).
The guy that claimed he wanted to be the richest man in the world and a wannabe rockafella? The money is not in Cleveland man. That's why he signed that short deal. If he left previously he would have been vilified to no end. Now he has an excuse to want out. He's as good as gone.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:01 AM   #26
Created Player
Banned

Created Player has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Just like one of your previous illustrated, you have no idea what you're talking about.

If the Cavs are in a strong position to win by 2010, then he stays. If not, he walks.
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:04 AM   #27
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime

I don't think its insincere as that SOB is certainly not humble about how he feels about himself. The fact that he called himself along with Kobe the 2 ultimate competitors in the league is a pretty cocky thing to say.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:05 AM   #28
Created Player
Banned

Created Player has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
The guy that claimed he wanted to be the richest man in the world and a wannabe rockafella? The money is not in Cleveland man. That's why he signed that short deal. If he left previously he would have been vilified to no end. Now he has an excuse to want out. He's as good as gone.
If all he cared about was walking at the end of his contract, why the hell would he be openily stating he wants the Cavs GM to makes immediate moves to get better?
Created Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #29
Eldrunko247
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Created Player
Just like one of your previous illustrated, you have no idea what you're talking about.

If the Cavs are in a strong position to win by 2010, then he stays. If not, he walks.
No, don't be in such denial. Lebron is as good as gone and your franchise will be in ruins for who knows how long. It's a fact and reality. Hold onto your Lebron memories and cherish them. Lebron is bigger than the Cavs.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:06 AM   #30
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
his nike contract gets an increase if he plays in one of the major markets too..i think it's like a 15% boost
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: