Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #31
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Michael Jordans last All-Star Fadeaway in 03

You do know that an ASG is quite a different situation from a playoff series, right?
Psileas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:40 AM   #32
Zak

Zak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputationZak has a terrific reputation

If I was Kobe Bryant I would have intentionally missed the free throws, but made it look like i was trying to make it.
Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:13 PM   #33
cynical07
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cynical07 has an OK reputation so far

MJ's fadeaway was LETHAL.
cynical07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #34
Pujolsmj23
I brick open layups

Pujolsmj23 has an OK reputation so far

Playoff time is different but the defense shawn marion was playing he couldnt play any tighter so your point is mute
Pujolsmj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #35
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The playoffs are different in that a guy like Jordan would normally get doubled in such a point of the game, instead of almost having an iso play. And they are different in the psychology of the attacker, as well. It's just not as comforting to think that you have to win a playoff series than thinking that you have to win a single meaningless game.

Anyway, what you mentioned about the airball is also mute, since Kobe has made dozens of simular shots on that kinds of defense, so that airball doesn't really prove anything.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:42 PM   #36
Pujolsmj23
I brick open layups

Mj hit the SERIES winning shots check the history.1992 ecf.1997 nba finals.1998 nba finals.1993ecsf.19891st round...Kobe hits shots then loses the series...Tell me how much would MJ be remembered if the shot in 98 was in game 3 and the bulls lost to the jazz or in 97 if he hit the shot in game 5 and the jazz came back and won game 6 and 7..ITS A BIG difference between MJ and KOBE!!!!Get a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kobe choked after his moments04 Finals and against the Suns.Want to argue that you will show your stupidity...Well talk when Kobe can actually win a series...
Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 PM   #37
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Mj hit the SERIES winning shots check the history.1992 ecf.1997 nba finals.1998 nba finals.1993ecsf.19891st round...Kobe hits shots then loses the series...Tell me how much would MJ be remembered if the shot in 98 was in game 3 and the bulls lost to the jazz or in 97 if he hit the shot in game 5 and the jazz came back and won game 6 and 7..ITS A BIG difference between MJ and KOBE!!!!Get a CLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Kobe choked after his moments04 Finals and against the Suns.Want to argue that you will show your stupidity...Well talk when Kobe can actually win a series...

Thing is, you didn't mention any of these before and this isn't what the topic is about. The topic is about Jordan's fade-away shot in the 2003 ASG. Then you bring up Kobe and claim that Kobe airballed a shot at the end of a playoff game. OK, so what? What are you trying to prove by that claim? That Kobe would be unable to hit that shot if Marion was guarding him? That he was worse or less clutch than 40-year old Jordan, because Jordan during an ASG made a single play that Kobe couldn't make in a playoff game?

Kobe's name being mentioned was completely needless, that's all.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:12 PM   #38
Pujolsmj23
I brick open layups

My fault i just was comparing the shots MJ had on Marion vs Kobe...It easy to do,but Kobe being viewed on MJs level to makes me mad only when people dont talk FACTS I think Kobe is the best player in the league and the closest thing to MJ,but until he does it, THE closeness is a wide gap when u disect their games....Kobe is great and mean no harm against him ,i respect him.So i know he is a unbelievable clutch player....NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:27 PM   #39
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

No problem, I never viewed Kobe as being prime Jordan's equal, after all. But since he's among my favorite players, I can't help but react at times.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:33 PM   #40
Pujolsmj23
I brick open layups

Cool. A sane conversation between a MJ fan and a Kobe fan,this might b a first...LOL
Old 02-17-2008, 02:55 PM   #41
Pujolsmj23
I brick open layups

Kobe said himself he wanted MJ to hit the winning shot,but said he should of kept his mouth shut cause it came true
Old 02-17-2008, 07:55 PM   #42
Pujolsmj23
I brick open layups

Ohh no its on espn classic bad memories and nightmares.Jermaine !!!!!! no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 08:26 PM   #43
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeesterbunny
here you go: http://youtube.com/watch?v=B3et6qAsOxo

quality not that good tho...

Beyonce look DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPEEEEE in that video.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: