Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #1
Niquesports
Good college starter

Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation
Default The GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

I want to make this clear Im a Laker fan but if any basketball fan looks at it its easy to see the 1987 Lakers are the all time best team ever.

Bulls fans
try again.

Lets say MJ goes crazy and gets 40 a game.
Magic matches that with his 24 and 12 assist thats 48 a game.

Pippin is a great Robin to Batman but Worthy was better.

Kerr was a great role player but Scott was a legit 3 scoring option.

Rodman was hell on the boards but AC Green would have gave him fits

Ron Harper was solid but Michael Cooper was just as effective and much more athletic

a mix of Rambis and Mychel Thompson would have closed up the lane for Jordan and Pippin and opend up the break for Magic .

Did I forget Jabbar as the X factor .

ENd result lakers in 6 games.
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:50 PM   #2
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation
Default Re: The GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME

I hate lakers fans theyre so delusional and insecure about their team its unbelievable...like a girl that needs to be told shes beautiful everyday to not feel ugly...that Lakers team WAS NOT better than the Bulls team the 86 Celtics were better than those Lakers too...and the Lakers with pretty much the same team (I THINK Cooper was the only sig difference) were beaten by the Rockets in 86...so NO that team was not better than the Bulls team and they werent better than that classic Celtics team either.
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
KINGD
Banned

KINGD has an OK reputation so far

2001 Lakers= GOAT TEAM. Them or Magic/Bird teams from the 80's.
KINGD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #4
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I hate lakers fans theyre so delusional and insecure about their team its unbelievable...like a girl that needs to be told shes beautiful everyday to not feel ugly

I couldn't agree more .....

with that said I believe that you can make a legit case for all the teams mentioned in this post... My personal opinion though is either the 92 Bulls or 96 Bulls......
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 06:58 PM   #5
Lakers
Kids at the park dunk on me

Lakers has an OK reputation so far

Every time there is an ESPN poll about the Greatest Team Of All Time, the 87 Lakers almost always win it. There is no reason to stick your tongue out at the Bulls fans though.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Your choices...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11421

(No order)

72 Lakers
89 Pistons
86 Celtics
67 76ers
96 Bulls
83 76ers
01 Lakers
70 Knicks
87 Lakers
71 Bucks
65 Celtics
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #7
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
I hate lakers fans theyre so delusional and insecure about their team its unbelievable...like a girl that needs to be told shes beautiful everyday to not feel ugly...that Lakers team WAS NOT better than the Bulls team the 86 Celtics were better than those Lakers too...and the Lakers with pretty much the same team (I THINK Cooper was the only sig difference) were beaten by the Rockets in 86...so NO that team was not better than the Bulls team and they werent better than that classic Celtics team either.

Whats classic about a team that came back the next year and got ran. Oh yea they were hurt ?????????????/ Excuse The Bulls stop talking and go player to player and tell me how the Bulls would have won. By the way Magic lakers 5 rings Birds classic Celtics 3 rings 2 against the Rockets when Magic was hurt.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by darabzarrabi
I hate lakers fans theyre so delusional and insecure about their team its unbelievable...like a girl that needs to be told shes beautiful everyday to not feel ugly...

I think the '87 Lakers have as good a case as anyone in the "greatest team ever" debate, but this statement perfectly encapsulates the way many Laker fans act. It's just so childish.

Quote:
Bulls fans
try again.

Lets say MJ goes crazy and gets 40 a game.
Magic matches that with his 24 and 12 assist thats 48 a game.

Unsurprisingly, Laker fans are almost always Bulls/Jordan haters, which is why he feels compelled to say "Bulls fans, try again" etc. without anyone making any statements about the Bulls.

And news flash OP: When Jordan was getting 40, he was usually getting 5-9 assists, too. So that changes your calculus a bit.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:57 PM   #9
imlmf
Banned

imlmf has decent reputationimlmf has decent reputation

the best team ever assembled and always will be is the team in barcelona in 92
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #10
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers
Every time there is an ESPN poll about the Greatest Team Of All Time, the 87 Lakers almost always win it. There is no reason to stick your tongue out at the Bulls fans though.

Your right but it bothers me when a person says for instance the Bulls are the best or the 86 Celtics are the best. All you have to look at is a man to man match up and its clear neither the Bulls or 86 Celtics can match up with the 87 lakers . The lakers were too strong inside for the Bulls and too athletic for the 86 Celtics.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #11
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki
I think the '87 Lakers have as good a case as anyone in the "greatest team ever" debate, but this statement perfectly encapsulates the way many Laker fans act. It's just so childish.

Unsurprisingly, Laker fans are almost always Bulls/Jordan haters, which is why he feels compelled to say "Bulls fans, try again" etc. without anyone making any statements about the Bulls.

And news flash OP: When Jordan was getting 40, he was usually getting 5-9 assists, too. So that changes your calculus a bit.

I think we can all count the time Jordan had 9 assist and 40 points in a game on our right hand. The Big thing about Bulls fans they hate that they never had another great team to face that they beat in there prime. Its like the lakers are Ali and the Bulls are larry Holmes.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

SHOWTIME LAKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
Loki
Banned

Loki is considered somewhat coolLoki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
I think we can all count the time Jordan had 9 assist and 40 points in a game on our right hand.

I said 40+ points and between 5-9 assists, and Jordan had 116 such games in his career. 40 points + 7 ast = 54 points accounted for, not 40 like you said. Try again.

And he had 40+ pts/9+ ast in 24 games (including 12 games of 40+/10+). So unless you're a polydactyl, I think you're out of luck on counting them on your right hand.

Quote:
The Big thing about Bulls fans they hate that they never had another great team to face that they beat in there prime. Its like the lakers are Ali and the Bulls are larry Holmes.

The big thing about Bulls haters is that they don't understand that there were many great teams during the 90's, it's just that Chicago beat them (and beat them consistently), hence they never became known as "great teams."

Last edited by Loki : 02-07-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 PM   #14
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGD
2001 Lakers= GOAT TEAM.
Yeah, except the fact they aren't top 10...
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 PM   #15
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

To qualify the team should require 5 excellent players
G-train is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: