Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 03:38 PM   #1
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default MIAMI HEAT bright future?

OK....so they got Marion now and Shaq off the books if everything goes through. But will the Heat resign Marion? Does Wade want to stay long term in MIA or bolt to CHI as soon as he gets a chance?

What if Miami could do this (don't know if it's possiable)....

Resign Marion next year to team up with Wade and sign a (healthy?) Elton Brand. Then you will have a good trio of Wade, Brand, and the Matrix.
Plus they might have the first pick....

Maybe they can also pick up Agent Zero????

Any thoughts?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: MIAMI HEAT bright future?

i'd resign marion if he comes back for 10-12 mill. any more than that and i'll let someone else overpay him.

just gotta make sure that whoever they draft is an impact bigman or future star pointguard.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:42 PM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You're an optimist. Nothing wrong with that... But realistically I see them tanking the rest of the year, getting the number one or number two pick, and landing Derrick Rose. Rose/Wade/Marion/Haslem/Brand?
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Hmm, they could be big players in the FA market if indeed the trade goes through.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

What DT said. Resign Marion if he's reasonable, otherwise use that fat cap space to land another big Free Agent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
i'd resign marion if he comes back for 10-12 mill. any more than that and i'll let someone else overpay him.

just gotta make sure that whoever they draft is an impact bigman or future star pointguard.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #6
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Yeah, you don't want to overpay Marion. The Heat still have some bad contracts (Jason Williams earns how much again?), even with Shaq gone. I would want Brand over Marion, so if they can only afford one, let the Matrix walk. Although I really can't see Brand as a Center, he's a tad short even at PF. Marion in the East is going to be wierd, and I'm not sure how good he'll be without Nash handling him.

Also, the Heat could use a good shooter. Their perimeter shooting is just abysmal.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #7
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

yup best thing is resign marion for a resonable offer let him walk if he doesnt like it, and start building a core of young talent and sign good FA's with the money freed up from Shaq's fat contract.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 PM   #8
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't see them inking Elton. The guy is coming off a major injury and although he didn't rely on his athleticism like most players, I don't see him declining his player option for next year. If he does, chances are offers won't be huge, but if he doesn't and goes to free agency in 09, the year where most teams seem to wanting to be players in the free agent market, he can make more coming off a healthy season getting 22/10/2/2[yes, I know the future].

But yes, the Heat can be big players in the free agent market.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #9
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they can get a Brand etc. if Marion walks after this year that would be thier best bet.

I would LOVE to have the Matrix on the Lakers next season though.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #10
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, you don't want to overpay Marion. The Heat still have some bad contracts (Jason Williams earns how much again?), even with Shaq gone. I would want Brand over Marion, so if they can only afford one, let the Matrix walk. Marion in the East is going to be wierd, and I'm not sure how good he'll be without Nash handling him..

Also, the Heat could use a good shooter. Their perimeter shooting is just abysmal.

The Heat would have a lot of expiring contracts if Marion was to opt out.

Look just how much would come off the cap:

Marion 17M
Williams 9M
Davis 6.8M
Mourning 2.7M

That's 30M + in expirers with only Wade, Haslem, Blount, and Banks making huge money.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:48 PM   #11
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

JWill's contract is expiring after this year. So is Ricky Davis'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, you don't want to overpay Marion. The Heat still have some bad contracts (Jason Williams earns how much again?), even with Shaq gone. I would want Brand over Marion, so if they can only afford one, let the Matrix walk. Although I really can't see Brand as a Center, he's a tad short even at PF. Marion in the East is going to be wierd, and I'm not sure how good he'll be without Nash handling him.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #12
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Darn, you beat me to it!

But yeah, if this trade goes down, the Heat are in good shape. They have Wade inked up, and their only bad contracts (which amount to about 10 mil a year) are Blount and Banks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
The Heat would have a lot of expiring contracts if Marion was to opt out.

Look just how much would come off the cap:

Marion 17M
Williams 9M
Davis 6.8M
Mourning 2.7M

That's 30M + in expirers with only Wade, Haslem, Blount, and Banks making huge money.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM   #13
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

And they also have something else no team has to offer a FA.

South Beach!!!
Old 02-06-2008, 03:51 PM   #14
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
OK....so they got Marion now and Shaq off the books if everything goes through. But will the Heat resign Marion? Does Wade want to stay long term in MIA or bolt to CHI as soon as he gets a chance?

What if Miami could do this (don't know if it's possiable)....

Resign Marion next year to team up with Wade and sign a (healthy?) Elton Brand. Then you will have a good trio of Wade, Brand, and the Matrix.
Plus they might have the first pick....

Maybe they can also pick up Agent Zero????

Any thoughts?

They need to dump Blount somehow someway. Even a buyout to cut his salary down by a couple million would be worth it.

They can sign Gilbert, but a big post player would be ideal (healthy brand) I wonder if they could regain Odom, he fit so nicely with Wade.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #15
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
JWill's contract is expiring after this year. So is Ricky Davis'.
Well then I guess you guys are in business if you manage to dump Sugar Shaq.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: