Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,338
Default I predict...

... that the WC teams are going to kill each other in the playoffs therefore whoever makes it to the finals will have some very tired legs leading the way for either Detroit or Celtics to take the gold.

All joking aside, the WC playoffs are going to be a dogfight. Every team is good and has a possible chance to get to the finals. I honestly think that most series are going to be around 6 to 7 games long with most games having very slim point differential.

It's going to be exciting.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:24 PM   #2
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss
 
Optimus Prime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,210
Default Re: I predict...

The West playoffs, 1-8, will be incredible. Tons of good teams loaded to the brim with talent.

The East playoffs, outside of the inevitable Celtics/Pistons ECF, will be a snoozefest.

Seriously, who wants to want Boston, Detroit and Orlando beat up on 7 games under .500 teams?

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,473
Default Re: I predict...

You got a point there....

The West teams might keep taking each other to 7 games each series etc. By the time they go to the Finals the Celtics or Pistons might be well rested.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!
 
catzhernandez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Home of the Pacers
Posts: 16,821
Default Re: I predict...

Pistons over Mavericks in 6.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,448
Default Re: I predict...

The team that comes out of the West won't be as rested, but they sure as sh!t will be more battle tested.

Which ever team comes out of the East after sleep walking through that conference is going to be woke the f*ck up when they run into the buzzsaw that is going to be the team that is lucky enough to "SURVIVE" the bloodfest known as the Western conference playoffs.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,934
Default Re: I predict...

good thread. but you forgot that each team has like 1 week or more to rest depending on how fast they beat their opponents.

It shouldn't be an excuse. They're all in shape.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,338
Default Re: I predict...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
good thread. but you forgot that each team has like 1 week or more to rest depending on how fast they beat their opponents.

It shouldn't be an excuse. They're all in shape.

True. I'm hoping there will be no injuries and all will be well during the NBA finals.

I'm very excited about the NBA playoffs this year. :)
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:48 PM   #8
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom
 
boozehound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 24,433
Default Re: I predict...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
... that the WC teams are going to kill each other in the playoffs therefore whoever makes it to the finals will have some very tired legs leading the way for either Detroit or Celtics to take the gold.

All joking aside, the WC playoffs are going to be a dogfight. Every team is good and has a possible chance to get to the finals. I honestly think that most series are going to be around 6 to 7 games long with most games having very slim point differential.

It's going to be exciting.
yeah this might be the deepest conference playoffs in a long time. definitely every team 1-6 is very solid and the teams currently slotted 7-10 are all really good teams as well. I dont think GS can win it all due to their style of play (anyone see the clip from bowen in the daily dime vid from espn?) and portland is too inexperienced, but denver and houston could take anybody in a series if a couple balls bounce their way.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 5,338
Default Re: I predict...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
yeah this might be the deepest conference playoffs in a long time. definitely every team 1-6 is very solid and the teams currently slotted 7-10 are all really good teams as well. I dont think GS can win it all due to their style of play (anyone see the clip from bowen in the daily dime vid from espn?) and portland is too inexperienced, but denver and houston could take anybody in a series if a couple balls bounce their way.

But knowing Tracy's and Melo's luck, it might not happen. If Denver has to play SA in the playoffs again this year, man that would suck.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:05 PM   #10
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,596
Default Re: I predict...

I predict that someone will die in the WCF. Somehow. It' going to be that crazy.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:15 PM   #11
JPR
Banned
 
JPR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,666
Default Re: I predict...

yeah but the ECF between boston and detroit will be a great series. and you better believe they'll beat up on each other and i guarantee that series goes 7 games.
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:18 PM   #12
Prancing_Tim
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 96
Default Re: I predict...

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
I predict that someone will die in the WCF. Somehow. It' going to be that crazy.

agreed. Think about it:

Lakers with Gasol, Kobe, Bynum, Odom.
Phoenix with Nash, Amare, Oneal.
Spurs with Duncan, Ginobili, Parker.
Jazz with Deron, Boozer, Kirilenko
Rockets with Yao and T-Mac
Mavs with Dirk, Howard and possibly Jason Kidd
New Orleans with Paul, West, and Chandler.

I think every series could be great, no matter the matchup.

I am more excited about the NBA than I have been in a long time.

Last edited by Prancing_Tim : 02-06-2008 at 05:21 PM.
Prancing_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #13
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,595
Default Re: I predict...

As of now:

1 vs 8 Phoenix vs Golden State -- WOW,
2 vs 7 Dallas vs Denver -- Dirk/Josh vs Melo/AI, 2 former MVPs going at it
3 vs 6 New Orleans vs San Antonio -- young guns vs veterans, one former, one future MVP going at it
4 vs 5 Utah vs Los Angeles -- two of the best frontcourts in the league, Kobe vs DWill

If Kobe or Paul win MVP this season, the Western Conference will have 6 MVPs in the playoffs. Unreal.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy