Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
Lakers
Decent playground baller

Default A lot of clowning on Shaq lately by Laker fans.Lets not forget the good times w/ him

The animosity towards Shaq by Laker fan has been turned up a notch with this recent trade. Lots of mostly young, non-native SoCals are wiggling in glee at the Miami-Shaq relationship grow sour and come to a screeching halt. After he was traded, I know feelings were raw and people were very vocal emotionally but as time has gone on and the Lakers have started doing better I figured people would put Shaq in their rear view mirror and look back and remember him for the good times as well as bad. To me it seems like it's just the opposite, the more time goes on, the more intense the hate for him comes from some of these so-called Laker fans. I mean with the Lakers a contender again, Miami the WORST team in the league, and Shaq declining rapidly I scratch my head at the need for people to kick him when he's down.

Shaq more than any one person is the reason us Laker fans have a dynasty to look back on and remember that period of dominance where we expected to win every game. Yeah Shaq wanted to be traded and said some bad things about the Lakers org and players, but so has Kobe. Was what Shaq did and said really that much worse? I wonder if some of these Laker fans will ever get past focusing on the few negatives of Shaq's time in LA and instead focus on the overwhelmingly more positives he had with us.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
rs98762001
Great young streetballer

Default Re: A lot of clowning on Shaq lately by Laker fans.Lets not forget the good times w/ him

I adore Shaq, and the Lakers and Kobe would not have 3 rings without him.

However, it's kind of amazing to me that an all-time Top 10 player will now be playing for his 4th team. He's bounced around a lot considering how good he is. Most all-time greats tend to be single franchise players (Kareem could sort of be considered an exception, I guess). I wonder if to a certain extent this does say something about Shaq - about his ego, or his motivation...?
rs98762001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: A lot of clowning on Shaq lately by Laker fans.Lets not forget the good times w/

I have no problem w/Shaq since he and Kobe buried the hatchet.

But he still sucks. He's getting clowned by everyone, and rightly so.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:11 PM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Default Re: A lot of clowning on Shaq lately by Laker fans.Lets not forget the good times w/

Quote:
about his ego, or his motivation...
Too high and too low. But really, who doesn't know that? I'm pretty sure he knows that.

I still love Shaq. The lack of motivation is bothersome, but he makes up for it with the one-liners.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:13 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

Default Re: A lot of clowning on Shaq lately by Laker fans.Lets not forget the good times w/ him

I'm a Warriors fan so I'm stoked that Shaq is going to the Suns to ruin their chemistry.

WAR SHAQ
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #6
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
I have no problem w/Shaq since he and Kobe buried the hatchet.

Please tell me that this is a joke.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:15 PM   #7
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Why.

Ahhh. I meant that ever since he and kobe buried the hatchet he's been less of a diiick. He even came to LA and did some radio interviews for us. It seems like them making up improved relations between him and the city as a whole.

Last edited by picc84 : 02-06-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
hotsizzle
Superstar

Dont have a problem with Shaq, he led us to 3 titles, cant hate him. I have to admit though...its going to be nice eliminating him from the playoffs:)

Last edited by hotsizzle : 02-06-2008 at 02:22 PM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #9
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

I'm a Laker fan and I have no problem with Shaq. He was the focal point of one of the most dominate teams in recent history and brought up 3 rings. It was Shaq who brought us the rings, not Kobe. I feel bad that this is what has come for him. I remember him being interviewed a few years back talking about Ewing and that he would retire before he became ineffective...guess the biggest ego in the league should take his own advice. I see this trade being exciting for a little while but suns will soon see how much shaq has declined and how slow he has become. But I got love for him, wish the best for him, but only as long a they lose to the lakers
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:24 PM   #10
l0ssr3c0rd
I airball my layups

Fedor via armbar
l0ssr3c0rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:25 PM   #11
JayGuevara
Hellbound

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Why.

Why would you not like Shaq because he had problems with Kobe?

Do you know either of them? I don't even care if two people I know don't like each other, I'll still associate with both, cuz nobody is gonna dictate who I can and cannot like/talk to/affiliate with/etc etc.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:26 PM   #12
Lakers
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Dont have a problem with Shaq, he got us 3 titles, cant hate him. I have to admit though...its going to be nice eliminating him from the playoffs:)

I mean that's all good. I'd like to see us crush him as well. I know for a fact he wants to put the hurt into us as well. But thats all in the spirit of competition. It just seems to me when I read the message boards, so many Laker fans have a genuine hatred of the man because he and Kobe did not see eye to eye. Then again I figured a few would have popped up already and started pissing on his name and me for making a topic like this. Maybe I overestimated how many haters he has in LakerLand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara

I didn't get that either. That's between Kobe as a man and Shaq as a man.
Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:30 PM   #13
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara

Do you know either of them? I don't even care if two people I know don't like each other, I'll still associate with both, cuz nobody is gonna dictate who I can and cannot like/talk to/affiliate with/etc etc.

Read the post again. I figured out why you asked and clarified.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #14
guy
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs98762001
I adore Shaq, and the Lakers and Kobe would not have 3 rings without him.

However, it's kind of amazing to me that an all-time Top 10 player will now be playing for his 4th team. He's bounced around a lot considering how good he is. Most all-time greats tend to be single franchise players (Kareem could sort of be considered an exception, I guess). I wonder if to a certain extent this does say something about Shaq - about his ego, or his motivation...?

Well the first time he signed with the Lakers, then he demanded a trade in LA, and now apparently he has wished again to play for another team. I'm sure Miami is happy to let him go. Orlando and LA didn't want him to leave, he did. Wilt Chamberlain played for 3 teams in 14 seasons, which is what Shaq did, so its not that crazy.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
kgisbigticket
Banned

Shaq was the best player in the league from 2000-2002. He was the sole reason the Lakers won the title. Shaq could have won 3 in a row with Jason Richardson at that time.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: