Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #1
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here
Default KOBE V SHAQ once again..

very intresting..
hopefuly it comes in the WCF..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:54 AM   #2
amfirst
Great college starter

amfirst has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: KOBE V SHAQ once again..

More like how fast Shaq will foul out if they meet in the playoffs. He's like a moving brick.
amfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:02 AM   #3
JtotheIzzo
OOOHWEE Cleveland!!!

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I was just about to make a thread about this.

The NBA in the span of a week has become infinitely more interesting.

The two biggest rivals in one of the leagues biggest rivalries with team that could now potentially win the whole thing, unless of course the Spurs regain form or the Jazz or Hornets go nuts in the playoffs.

At first I thought losing Marion for this old truck was a bad idea, but then I got to thinking a little deeper:

What is harder to find, an energy guy who disappears in the playoffs or the best big of his era with four rings.

Phoenix needs a winner, they have the team concept already in place, Shaq's mere presence makes Amare lethal and will open things up for Nash to manoeuver and the 3 point bombers to let loose.

Shaq being slow is overrated, Phoenix doesn't run with five guys and they want Shaq anchoring the defense anyways. Now Barbosa et all can cheat a little more in the lanes and get on the break that much quicker.

Me rieky a rot
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:24 AM   #4
johndough
Great young streetballer

johndough has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo

The two biggest rivals in one of the leagues biggest rivalries with team that could now potentially win the whole thing, unless of course the Spurs regain form or the Jazz or Hornets go nuts in the playoffs.

At first I thought losing Marion for this old truck was a bad idea, but then I got to thinking a little deeper:

What is harder to find, an energy guy who disappears in the playoffs or the best big of his era with four rings.

Phoenix needs a winner, they have the team concept already in place, Shaq's mere presence makes Amare lethal and will open things up for Nash to manoeuver and the 3 point bombers to let loose.

Shaq being slow is overrated, Phoenix doesn't run with five guys and they want Shaq anchoring the defense anyways. Now Barbosa et all can cheat a little more in the lanes and get on the break that much quicker.

Me rieky a rot

It doesn't make the NBA more interesting....
johndough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:24 AM   #5
Solid Snake
Local High School Star

Solid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong waySolid Snake is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
More like how fast Shaq will foul out if they meet in the playoffs. He's like a moving brick.

Come on dude, that's not necessary. Don't insult bricks like that.
Solid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:28 AM   #6
donsanchez306
High School Varsity 12th Man

donsanchez306 has an OK reputation so far

hasn't it been kobe v shaq since when did they play again. remember when shaq and kobe tried to give each other a pound but neither did. shaq new sqaud vs kobe new sqaud. playoffs because both teams are in.
donsanchez306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:29 AM   #7
NASH = BEST
On Campus Baby ; )

NASH = BEST has an OK reputation so far

Up to this point, its been all Shaq, and now that he's a Sun, he'll get his 5th Chip' and doing it against Kobe he'll finally shut the Lakers FO up forever!!

Man, this is turning out to be one of the best days in SUns history.

NASH = BEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 AM   #8
luigi>mario
Now known as Luigi

luigi>mario has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
Up to this point, its been all Shaq, and now that he's a Sun, he'll get his 5th Chip' and doing it against Kobe he'll finally shut the Lakers FO up forever!!

Maybe this is what explains the trade. Phoenix fans must really value Marion for pencil shavings, so Kerr has to deal him for something similar (bricks as mentioned above).

Kerr should stick to hitting jump shots given to him from superstar doubleteams, and the occasional announcing. Put me on record with everyone else: Phoenix is worse for the next 2 years after this trade.
luigi>mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:24 AM   #9
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASH = BEST

Until he gets to the playoffs and realizes he's no match for Pau, Bynum, and LO.

My prediction is that the lakers will be the #1 team when everyone returns healthy.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:29 AM   #10
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Too bad they only play one more in the reg season...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:30 AM   #11
plowking
greeting earthlings

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi>mario
Maybe this is what explains the trade. Phoenix fans must really value Marion for pencil shavings, so Kerr has to deal him for something similar (bricks as mentioned above).

Kerr should stick to hitting jump shots given to him from superstar doubleteams, and the occasional announcing. Put me on record with everyone else: Phoenix is worse for the next 2 years after this trade.

Shhhhh... Kerr might be reading this :
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:31 AM   #12
NBABaller
Banned

NBABaller has an OK reputation so far

I wouldn't be surprised seeing the Suns with Shaq ousting the lakers for the third straight time out of the playoffs
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #13
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Me rieky a rot

Damn! That's one hell of a post. Nicely said man.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:42 AM   #14
guy
Very good NBA starter

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Me rieky a rot

Very true. Lets not forget that the 80s Lakers had Kareem Abdul Jabbar up until he was 42 years old. Its not like he was running up and down the court full speed every time down the court.

I'm not sure if its a good move for the Suns but its definitely VERY INTERESTING, especially if the Lakers-Suns meet in the playoffs. You got Shaq, the man who led the Lakers to 3 titles, teaming up with the Lakers' biggest rival, the Suns, taking on the Lakers' led by his biggest rival, Kobe Bryant. You also got the 2 huge frontcourts with Bynum and Gasol vs Amare and Shaq. Apparently the past 2 playoff series, and Phil and Antoni bickering at each other wasn't enough, now they have Kobe vs. Shaq. It would probably turn out to be one of the highest rated playoff series ever.

Also, as long as Shaq is healthy and at full strength for the playoffs, even if he misses the rest of the regular season, they are better off with him then Marion. I don't care if he misses the rest of the season and they get a lower seed because of it. With a healthy Shaq instead of Marion, they have a better chance of beating the Lakers or Spurs. I don't think they will anyway after this trade, but they will have a better chance too.

Last edited by guy : 02-06-2008 at 11:54 AM.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 AM   #15
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndough
It doesn't make the NBA more interesting....
Just because it doesn't interest you doesn't mean it's not going to interest other people.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: