Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
Bassy JR
I airball my layups

Bassy JR has an OK reputation so far
Default Lebrons Near Triple Double in Cavs one point win

Beast of the East?

Is Lebron a legit MVP candidate or is it just me?

They beat the Celts, by one but they are showin they can play with the "Best team in the East" they are the defendin champs of the East and they are reppin well...as a cavs fan I gotta say don't sleep on us...and if you don't believe it..look at the digits:)
Bassy JR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Lebrons Near Triple Double in Cavs one point win

For me, Detroit's still the favorite to win the East.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:36 PM   #3
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Best Player In The Planet
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Best Player In The Planet

Kobe is the best player on the planet, but LeBron certainly might be the best player "in" the planet...since he'd probably be the only one inside a planet.

But in all seriousness, you got a point bro...LeBron has been killing it this season, as of right now it's between Kobe, LeBron and Paul...with CP being the front runner right now, but I can't see Kobe not winning the award with this current Laker team...unless LeBron wins 55+ games and continues to put up incredible all around numbers.

Oh, and 1a) Kobe 1b) LeBron...
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:44 PM   #5
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron James Updated Stats

30.2 ppg, 8.0 rpg, 7.3 apg, 2.1 spg, 1.1 bpg

Cavs with Lebron ( 27-14)

Cavs W/O Lebron= ( 0-6)

Last edited by Lebron23 : 02-05-2008 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #6
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
Kobe is the best player on the planet, but LeBron certainly might be the best player "in" the planet...since he'd probably be the only one inside a planet.

But in all seriousness, you got a point bro...LeBron has been killing it this season, as of right now it's between Kobe, LeBron and Paul...with CP being the front runner right now, but I can't see Kobe not winning the award with this current Laker team...unless LeBron wins 55+ games and continues to put up incredible all around numbers.

Oh, and 1a) Kobe 1b) LeBron...
Kobe fan offended by the "best player" statement about LeBron. I'd still take Duncan over those two.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:55 PM   #7
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

duncan always had such a solid team around him how can you tell he's so great? the way he takes over in the playoffs isn't more impressive than lebron.

I'm a damn pistons fan, so you know i'm impartial when I say this. LeBron is the best player in the league. Without him his team is the worst in the league and with him they are an instant championship contender. Imagine if they had a second tier star at his side...

Lebron should easily win the MVP. Think of it this way. Could Kobe have taken the 2007 Cavs to the finals? No.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 10:58 PM   #8
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
duncan always had such a solid team around him how can you tell he's so great? the way he takes over in the playoffs isn't more impressive than lebron.

I'm a damn pistons fan, so you know i'm impartial when I say this. LeBron is the best player in the league. Without him his team is the worst in the league and with him they are an instant championship contender. Imagine if they had a second tier star at his side...

Lebron should easily win the MVP. Think of it this way. Could Kobe have taken the 2007 Cavs to the finals? No.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:01 PM   #9
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

I would say right now LeBron is the better player (and therefore best player in the NBA), but Kobe deserves the MVP more.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:06 PM   #10
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Duncan's impact can't be measured on the box score. You'd have to actually watch the Spurs' playoff games. Teams change their offensive and defensive schemes to account for Duncan's presence in the middle. I'm not saying Duncan's the more talented or skilled player, but if I wanted to win right now, I'd take Duncan with my 1st pick.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassy JR
Beast of the East?

Lebron had a great game today, no doubt. He's certainly a legitimate MVP candidate, 50 wins or not.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #12
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make It Rain
Teams change their offensive and defensive schemes to account for Duncan's presence in the middle.

Yeah as opposed to teams that don't have to gameplan for LeBron. I'm not saying you're wrong but this argument is just awful
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:18 PM   #13
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
Yeah as opposed to teams that don't have to gameplan for LeBron. I'm not saying you're wrong but this argument is just awful
I mean for his presence in the middle. You can't replace a great and effective post player with a great and effective perimeter player. It's just never gonna happen. In the years I've watched basketball, I've only watched one team that had no post player win the title and that was Jordan's Bulls. And even if they did that '84 draft over again, I'd still take Hakeem every time. You can't replace a great big man.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #14
RajonKGcelts
Time to repeat

RajonKGcelts is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassy JR
Beast of the East?

They beat the Celts, by one but they are showin they can play with the "Best team in the East" they are the defendin champs of the East and they are reppin well...as a cavs fan I gotta say don't sleep on us...and if you don't believe it..look at the digits:)

Garnett was out tool. Lebron played great, but it wasn't a healthy "best team in the east" tonight
RajonKGcelts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #15
Make It Rain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
Garnett was out tool. Lebron played great, but it wasn't a healthy "best team in the east" tonight
Well, you know, the Cavs beat a healthy Celtics team earlier in the year. I'm tired of stating it, but you guys keep posting that garbage.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: