Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
5 K!DD dribbles
j Fresh is baaack!

5 K!DD dribbles has an OK reputation so far
Default If you are a coach...

Or if you had the opportunity to be a Head coach at high school level and higher... what do you preach? offense? defense? teamwork? focus on one player???
5 K!DD dribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: If you are a coach...

movement with/without the ball on offense, activity on defense, selfless play
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ditto -
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

defense

hustle

passing

good shot selection
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #5
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Defense and rebounding on both sides of the floor. On offense it pretty much depends on your personel, and it's secondary anyway IMO. Defense and rebounding is what bball is about

Last edited by Mikaiel : 02-05-2008 at 07:20 PM.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:06 PM   #6
i cant dunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

i cant dunk has an OK reputation so far

i must say that rebounding is the number one priority if i was the coach. Then set up the offense. I wouldn't pay attention much on defense because i don't know much of it.
i cant dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
wTFaMonkey
RP 4 lyfe

wTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat coolwTFaMonkey is considered somewhat cool

id preach fundamentals to the fullest
wTFaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Defense and rebounding. After that, I try to find lost points (both on offense and defense) by eliminating mistakes that cost points. What I mean by this is that if I scout a team and see that they are 10 points better than us, I will try to find those 10 points by eliminating mistakes.
Going into a game, I have a game plan that shows the players how we are going to find those lost points, and beat the other team, even though they are better than us. You would be shocked at how easy it is to beat teams that are better than you if you do this. The longer the game goes on with a close score, the easier it is to find those points. The other team can't figure out what is going on either. That works against them mentally, creating more opportunities to recover lost points. My players really get into this. When players start actively playing this way, their basketball IQ goes way up.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:05 PM   #9
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

Defense.

Defense wins Rings. Just ask the Spurs.
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:09 PM   #10
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

defense and increasing everybody's IQ. at practice, do plenty of individual skills and defensive shell drills.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 PM   #11
Unreal Skill
Love me or Hate me

Unreal Skill has an OK reputation so far

Ball movements, find the open shooters, create easy shots, set screens for shooters, PASS first PG, one shooter, and a low post center
Unreal Skill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #12
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

I would Preach the value of getting steals.. and in practice i would give the person with the most steals in practice starter during real games.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:13 PM   #13
DOMINATOR
Decent playground baller

DOMINATOR has an OK reputation so far

i would preach cherry picking and dunking

DOMINATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:38 PM   #14
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

1. chemistry, playing HS ball there's nothing that you can fear more than a team with chemistry that plays as one and supports each other. i wouldn't hold anyone above the rest and make sure the players understand that it's a team game.

2. conditioning and defense, you're not always going to have a guy who can put up 30 every night, or a big you can throw the ball to when you need buckets but you can always play defense and be good at it. a team that plays hard and can press the whole game will go places even if they struggle to score.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 02:40 AM   #15
gpfanz
National High School Star

gpfanz has an OK reputation so far
Talking Re: If you are a coach...

do anything to win. Be it undercutting star players or giving cheap fouls to take out opposing team players on the court or on the bench

Bottomline is not letting opposing team outscore the team nuff said
gpfanz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: