Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 AM   #16
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board
Default Re: Players you feel are overrated and why

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You must be <15?

No 20 turning 21 in June.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:32 AM   #17
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well then you have a short memory, or haven't been a basketball fan more than a couple years if you think Baron has had one good series.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #18
Borat
very niiice

Borat has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
well yeah, tony parker. isn't a very good passer

Has a low assist average compared to other star guards but I cant say his passing skill is any less. Spurs have a lot of team ball movement
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #19
starface
Banned

starface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation herestarface has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
still trying to figure out whos overrating him. hard to find those posts amongst the 100s of posts that bash him daily.

Considering he was voted in as a starter of the all-star game, I dont think there's any shortage of people who are overrating him.
starface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #20
Borat
very niiice

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
No 20 turning 21 in June.

did you see the charlotte vs Mcgrady series?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #21
joewait
National High School Star

joewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cooljoewait is considered somewhat cool

allen iverson
joewait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:34 AM   #22
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Those Hornet teams were scary. As a Pistons fan I was thankful for injuries and Vertigo.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #23
Noodle_Fan
:-)

Noodle_Fan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Marcus Camby- Yes he puts up great rebounding, assist and block numbers but is he really that good of a defender? He won the Defensive Player Of The Year award but I think that is just because people fell in love with his blocked shot numbers. There is no way he is a better defender than Tim Duncan. Don't get me wrong Camby is a great player to have on your team but he did not deserve that DPOY award and it looks like he is getting another undeserved one this year.

Baron Davis- He has one good playoff series and everyone is acting like he is a superstar. People forget he is a chucker who 41% for his career with a couple of seasons under 40% and a career high of just under 44%. Yeah he is a good passer and he can score in bunches but he is not a superstar.

I agree with Camby. DPOY and the Nuggets are one of the worst defensive teams?

About Baron I guess it depends on who you feel is overrating him. This guy didn't even get voted in to be an all star and some might say he is being underrated for that. I'd say he is neither.

AI = overrated. You have guys considering him in the top 10 easy, an ASG starter . What exactly does he do that makes him worthy of this? This man is the definition of a chucker. Half the time he drives to jump into people and get cheese calls. Defensive liability. Puts up thirty or so shots a night even if he is bricking 75%.

others...
Amare
J Kidd
Noodle_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #24
VCMVP1551

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Well then you have a short memory, or haven't been a basketball fan more than a couple years if you think Baron has had one good series.

I have watched basketball since I was 6. Huge Ewing and John Starks fan back then. Baron if I recall got to the second round a couple of times in Charlotte but I don't remember him doing anything special. That team had a lot of talent too.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:35 AM   #25
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I'm going to get flamed, but everyone is overating Brandan Roy this season. He hasn't improved that much from lasseason (in some areas having worse numbers), and people hail him as him being the sole factor to Portlands sucess.

Aldridge,Jack,Webster,Jones,Outlaw have all improved there games and I think if Roy went out they'd be able to fill in alot of what he does, mainly Jarret Jack doing it. 20/5/5 is good but not anything to rave about, theres 2/3players on each team that do that.

Rasheed Wallace isn't even good as people harp about . They talk more about his potential then what he does now.He hasn't utilized his skills in 10 years so the potential is out the window. He can't/won't ever be in Garnett/Duncan ,not even on his best streak of games.To me thats like saying Zach Randolf has potential if he worked himself into shape,too irrelevant using "potential" as a claim to greatness or using it as a plus.

Mike Miller
Joe Johnson
are some other ones

And starface yoy say Baron Davis shouldn't be labeled overrated due to injures but then you go and name Wade and McGrady.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 AM   #26
Borat
very niiice

I cant say Kobe is overrated, he is the third finest offensive practitioner I have ever seen. Only Jordan and Bird seem to me have been better on the offensive end.

To me
Old 02-05-2008, 01:37 AM   #27
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Quote:
I have watched basketball since I was 6. Huge Ewing and John Starks fan back then. Baron if I recall got to the second round a couple of times in Charlotte but I don't remember him doing anything special. That team had a lot of talent too.

Well you have a poor memory.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:38 AM   #28
Kombo
:)

Kombo has decent reputationKombo has decent reputation

remember baron in college? omg.
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 AM   #29
Day La Ghetto
Decent college freshman

Day La Ghetto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You've been watching it loosely then.
Day La Ghetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:40 AM   #30
VCMVP1551

Quote:
Well you have a poor memory.

Actually I have a really good memory just don't remember Baron doing anything great in the playoffs prior to 2007.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: