Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-05-2008, 05:56 PM   #31
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What happened to the LeBron-Melo Rivalry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
If Lebron James can drop 48 points against one of the best defensive team in the NBA their is no way that the Nuggets can beat the Cavaliers in a best of 7 series.

He never goes off on Melo.

Melo would limit him to 22.5 PPG/7 RPG/5 APG in a 7 game series.

Id bet on that.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:57 PM   #32
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He never goes off on Melo.

Melo would limit him to 22.5 PPG/7 RPG/5 APG in a 7 game series.

Id bet on that.

Even those numbers aren't terrible. If Gooden, Ilgauskas, or Gibson steps up, the Cavs could still win the series.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:58 PM   #33
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
yup its just matchups. there's teams in the West that are better than Denver that Lebron would beat in a series but he's 2-7 vs Denver.

bad matchups, bad styles clashing, etc. Don't get so offended Lebron fans. maybe you'll win on Sunday.
Its amazing how these Cavs fans were reborn,once they saw how good LeBron was they automatically stopped supporting their former team and became Cavs fans.

I know for a fact none of you cared a damn thing about Cleveland before they drafted LeBron.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:00 PM   #34
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Its amazing how these Cavs fans were reborn,once they saw how good LeBron was they automatically stopped supporting their former team and became Cavs fans.

I know for a fact none of you cared a damn thing about Cleveland before they drafted LeBron.

Cleveland sucked so bad most people probably didn't know they still existed.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #35
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
Even those numbers aren't terrible. If Gooden, Ilgauskas, or Gibson steps up, the Cavs could still win the series.

i just can't see the Cavs competing in this series. The games are usually over by halftime.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 PM   #36
Interminator
Banned

Quote:

Thats as bad as it can get when dealing with LeBron.

I firmly believe there is no way Gooden,Z,or Gibson can step up in this series.

Martin/Nene on Gooden would be no chance for Gooden to step up
Camby/Z would be a good matchup though
A.I./Gibson would be the worst mismatch in NBA history.

There is not one guard on Cleveland's roster that could matchup with A.I.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:03 PM   #37
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
i just can't see the Cavs competing in this series. The games are usually over by halftime.

Not any more. This would depend on several factors:

1)How Camby plays

2)Whether Kenyon Martin can stay healthy

3)Whether LeBron gets help or if he has to do it single-handedly
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #38
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Cleveland sucked so bad most people probably didn't know they still existed.
Until LeBron.

Now Cleveland has a huge fanbase.

Id be pissed if my Grizzlies landed a Superstar like LeBron and everyone flocked to being Grizzlies fans
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #39
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I don't know who you are referring to, but I've been a Cavalier fan all of my life. I live in Ohio (a little over an hour from Cleveland). My brother lives in Cleveland.

My dad brought me up a Cavalier, Browns, and Indians fan.

I know for a fact that mlh and b-low are also Ohio residents. Sure, it is funner now that we have a competitive team and, arguably, the best player in the NBA, but that doesn't mean that we weren't Cavalier fans before. I've been attending/watching Cavalier games my entire life.

I was a fan before LeBron and will be one after he is gone.

On topic, I can't believe everyone is buying into this 'Melo guards LeBron' nonsense. He doesn't defend LeBron... ever... Unless there is a pick and he gets stuck on James.

Najera and/or JR Smith usually get the defending duties on LeBron. Do you guys even watch these games?

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 02-05-2008 at 06:15 PM.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #40
Make It Rain
Banned

Make It Rain has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Thats as bad as it can get when dealing with LeBron.

I firmly believe there is no way Gooden,Z,or Gibson can step up in this series.

Martin/Nene on Gooden would be no chance for Gooden to step up
Camby/Z would be a good matchup though
A.I./Gibson would be the worst mismatch in NBA history.

There is not one guard on Cleveland's roster that could matchup with A.I.
They'll probably stick Hughes on AI. Length bothers AI if you watched that Portland game last night. Guess we'll see tonight where everyone's at.
Make It Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #41
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Not any more. This would depend on several factors:

1)How Camby plays

2)Whether Kenyon Martin can stay healthy

3)Whether LeBron gets help or if he has to do it single-handedly

whats changed? we won by 22 a few months ago playing with an injured squad. Melo was our 3rd leading scorer.

the games last year were 20 pt blowouts too.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:07 PM   #42
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
whats changed? we won by 22 a few months ago playing with an injured squad. Melo was our 3rd leading scorer.

Still, I believe if it came down to a 7 game series, Denver would not win so easily. They have the better team obviously, but Lebron can sometimes pull anything.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:08 PM   #43
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:

The regular season means nothing once you get to the playoffs.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:09 PM   #44
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I don't know who you are referring to, but I've been a Cavalier fan all of my life. I live in Ohio (a little over an hour from Cleveland). My brother lives in Cleveland.

My dad brought me up a Cavalier, Browns, and Indians fan.

I know for a fact that mlh and b-low are also Ohio residents. Sure, it is funner now that we have a competitive team and, arguably, the best player in the NBA, but that doesn't mean that we weren't Cavalier fans before. I've been attending/watching Cavalier games my entire life.

I was a fan before LeBron and will be one after he is gone.

On topic, I can't believe everyone is buying into this 'Melo guards LeBron' nonsense. He doesn't defend LeBron... ever... Unless there is a pick and he gets stuck on James.

JR Smith and Najera and/or JR Smith usually get the defending duties on LeBron. Do you guys even watch these games?

You were shouting loudly that you were a Cavs fan before LeBron,were you attending Cavs games in full Cavs gear back when they couldnt sell out more than 50% of Gund Arena?

Were you shouting loudly about being a Browns fan during the Tim Couch/Courtney Brown years?

If you were,sorry for making an assumption but its easy to when this board is filled with groupie Lakers fans who only appear when LA is winning and disappear when they're losing.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #45
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Yes He Is.
1. Lebron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Kevin Garnett
4. Chris Paul
5. Tim Duncan
6. Dwight Howard
7. Steve Nash
8. Allen Iverson
9. Dwyane Wade
10. Tracy Mcgrady

11. Carlos Boozer
12. Paul Pierce/ Carmelo Anthony

As you can see Carmelo is not an Top 10 player and i am a Nuggets Fan.
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: