Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-27-2009, 03:49 PM   #301
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Default Re: Bobcats Off Topic Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
hope you guys all had a great thanksgiving. i spent mine with a buncha family chowin' down and getting ready to go camping with everyone for the weekend. i guess i'm gonna miss the game tomorrow against the cavs hold it down guys!

Where do you all go camping? I know that the Tujunga Canyon and Azusa Canyon camping areas were probably really messed up by the Station fire. Where do you all go? (Remember I grew up in L.A. so I know So. Cal very well).
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #302
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Where do you all go camping? I know that the Tujunga Canyon and Azusa Canyon camping areas were probably really messed up by the Station fire. Where do you all go? (Remember I grew up in L.A. so I know So. Cal very well).
we went camping at Lake Hemet, have you heard of it? it's a pretty nice spot, but we left a day short because of unexpected snow. i loved it though, i've actually never experienced snow before (and i'm 17, jeez) so i can't even explain how much fun i had throwing snowballs at the family haha. 9 degree weather is ridiculous when you're used to around 80 at daytime!
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 AM   #303
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
we went camping at Lake Hemet, have you heard of it? it's a pretty nice spot, but we left a day short because of unexpected snow. i loved it though, i've actually never experienced snow before (and i'm 17, jeez) so i can't even explain how much fun i had throwing snowballs at the family haha. 9 degree weather is ridiculous when you're used to around 80 at daytime!

You were in the high desert. 9 degree weather is ridiculous, you're right. But the desert is so awesome. People can't imagine that unless they've spent time in the many deserts in southern CA. One of my friends told me that L.A. had 86 degree weather on Thanksgiving. Preparing for the December 90s and Santa Ana winds. (You're 17? I wouldn't have known it!).
Old 11-29-2009, 03:01 AM   #304
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
You were in the high desert. 9 degree weather is ridiculous, you're right. But the desert is so awesome. People can't imagine that unless they've spent time in the many deserts in southern CA. One of my friends told me that L.A. had 86 degree weather on Thanksgiving. Preparing for the December 90s and Santa Ana winds. (You're 17? I wouldn't have known it!).
yeah it was pretty hot on thanksgiving. unfortunately it can be really hot in december. i remember a few years ago it was in the 90s on christmas day which was actually kinda depressing, but then again you're probably well aware of all of this considering you grew up around here!

and yeah, i'm 17. getting ready to head off to college soon, hopefully at UNLV
Old 11-29-2009, 03:12 AM   #305
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
yeah it was pretty hot on thanksgiving. unfortunately it can be really hot in december. i remember a few years ago it was in the 90s on christmas day which was actually kinda depressing, but then again you're probably well aware of all of this considering you grew up around here!

and yeah, i'm 17. getting ready to head off to college soon, hopefully at UNLV

You mean that you don't want to be a Tarheel or Demon Deacon and actually get to see our Bobcats more often?????? For shame..................:
(I have family in LV. They love it there).
Old 11-29-2009, 03:27 AM   #306
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quote:
You mean that you don't want to be a Tarheel or Demon Deacon and actually get to see our Bobcats more often?????? For shame..................:
(I have family in LV. They love it there).
haha actually, one of my friends was thinking about applying to North Carolina. i told her that she'd love it there and that they have one of the best rivalries in the history of college sports with Duke, and she had absolutely no idea what i was talking about. then i told her that if she goes to UNC she needs to go to some bobcats games and then she was really lost

it's really good to hear that your family in LV love it there, i've definitely heard mixed reviews. i hope i can handle the heat!

oh, and no worries, attending a bobcats game in charlotte is on my list of things to do before i die
Old 11-29-2009, 03:40 AM   #307
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
haha actually, one of my friends was thinking about applying to North Carolina. i told her that she'd love it there and that they have one of the best rivalries in the history of college sports with Duke, and she had absolutely no idea what i was talking about. then i told her that if she goes to UNC she needs to go to some bobcats games and then she was really lost

it's really good to hear that your family in LV love it there, i've definitely heard mixed reviews. i hope i can handle the heat!

oh, and no worries, attending a bobcats game in charlotte is on my list of things to do before i die

You can handle the heat as long as you don't do anything illegal. (One of my cousin's fiance plans to be a cop!). :
Old 12-02-2009, 01:36 AM   #308
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Happy birthday to me. My gift to myself is that my daughter is flying here from California today to visit with us for a week.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:42 AM   #309
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Happy birthday to me. My gift to myself is that my daughter is flying here from California today to visit with us for a week.

Happy Birthday OWL! Hope you and your daughter have a wonderful visit.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 01:23 PM   #310
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Happy Birthday OWL! Hope you and your daughter have a wonderful visit.

Thank you very much!
Old 12-02-2009, 06:05 PM   #311
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

happy birthday.

show your daughter that there's more to NC than just trees.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #312
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
happy birthday.

show your daughter that there's more to NC than just trees.

Thank you for your good wishes, Timmeh.
Where I take my daughter will, of course, depend upon the weather. But I'm thinking about the Old Salem living history area of Winston-Salem, Pilot Mtn where one can get spectacular views, Grandfather Mtn if weather permits driving the Blue Ridge Parkway. Also the Tanglewood Christmas light display and downtown W-S decorated for Christmas. Not sure what else will suit her fancy. There are a multitude of Christmas programs around--the Messiah, Nutcracker, etc. and I'm not sure what will suit her fancy. But I know that she will love the religious traditions of NC.
Any other suggestions are welcome. (BTW--she's 43 years old.).
Old 12-02-2009, 07:14 PM   #313
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

ahh the BRP is awesome, but I'm a waterfall nut so I'm biased. I've wanted to go to Pilot Mtn for a while now but I haven't had the chance. I hear Hanging Rock is also a good place to go.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #314
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
ahh the BRP is awesome, but I'm a waterfall nut so I'm biased. I've wanted to go to Pilot Mtn for a while now but I haven't had the chance. I hear Hanging Rock is also a good place to go.

I'm a waterfall nut, too, so I like the suggestion of Hanging Rock. Some day you must visit Colorado as well as Yosemite National Park in California. Wonderful waterfalls.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:20 PM   #315
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

happy birthday, OWL! don't party too hard
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: