Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far
Default Kenyon Martin suspended by NBA

Quote:
Denver’s Kenyon Martin Suspended One Game

NEW YORK, Dec. 15, 2007 – Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin has been suspended for one game without pay and assessed a Flagrant Foul, Penalty Two for flagrantly fouling Melvin Ely of the New Orleans Hornets by striking him in the head with an elbow, it was announced today by Stu Jackson, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations.

The incident occurred with 9:40 remaining in the second period of Denver’s 105-99 win over the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday, Dec. 12 at the Pepsi Center. Martin will serve the suspension tonight when the Nuggets play the San Antonio Spurs at the AT&T Center.

In a written statement released by the team, Martin said he was disappointed to miss the game against the Spurs.

"What happened with Melvin in Wednesday's game was inadvertent. I apologized to him on the court and again after the game. He told me he knew it was an accident," Martin said in the statement.

its fair but i dont think was intentional at all. even Ely knew it wasnt. oh well. more rest for his knees i guess lol. now i really hope Duncan doesnt play tonight.

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 12-15-2007 at 07:18 PM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:29 PM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Kenyon Martin suspended by NBA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
its fair but i dont think was intentional at all. even Ely knew it wasnt. oh well. more rest for his knees i guess lol. now i really hope Duncan doesnt play tonight.
I think the rule should be altered, because like you say it wasn't intentional. I don't think it deserves a suspension. Similar with Al Horford. Total accident.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Oh c'mon. I remember that elbow, and Kenyon didn't even knew Ely was there. This is getting ridiculous...
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #4
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
I think the rule should be altered, because like you say it wasn't intentional. I don't think it deserves a suspension. Similar with Al Horford. Total accident.

i think a big fine would've been better. this is just a case of a guy protecting the ball after catching a rebound. he was reckless in doing it but it definitely wasnt on purpose. Kmart has a reputation for being a rough enforcer type guy but definitely not in this case.

so tonight is the Eddie Najera show now
Old 12-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #5
biisak
Yeah, I´m from Sweden

biisak has decent reputation

Doesnt matter if its intentional or not. You´re elbows are in a very dangerous height and if you start swinging them around, you might just fracture someones eyesocket (and make them miss a game or two).
biisak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Karl better play Bobby Jones or else....
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:01 PM   #7
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

just give him a fine he didnt do it on purpose.. this **** is retarded.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 05:16 PM   #8
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

FINALLY, they got his name right. On TV, they kept saying KEVIN Martin. What morons!!!!!!
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

How is he suspended when Matt Barnes was not suspended for his hatchet job on Turiaf last night?
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:15 PM   #10
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Retarded suspension, but that's life.
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #11
GoldNugg21
Good High School Starter

GoldNugg21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by biisak
Doesnt matter if its intentional or not. You´re elbows are in a very dangerous height and if you start swinging them around, you might just fracture someones eyesocket (and make them miss a game or two).

By the same logic, a player who moves close to someone to contest a or rebound, only to have the opposing player land on their foot and roll an ankle, causing them to miss a game or two, should be suspended. After all, it's dangerous to put your foot somewhere where someone else might land on it.

If you've ever played basketball, you know that elbows are part of the game, and if you looked at a game tape, I'm sure you'd find plenty of intentional elbows thrown. Now, because someone happened to get hurt by an unintentional elbow, it means a suspension? How does that make sense?
GoldNugg21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:06 PM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

It was a reactionary move, that they just suspended him for due to him getting legitimately injured. It was far from intentional and just a sorry move by the NBA.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, he finally gets healed and now he's suspended. i didn't see what happened but he needs to focus on staying on the court at all costs.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 PM   #14
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

this might be good for Kmart. by tomorrow night's game he would have had a 5 day vacation to rest his body.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: