Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Why I love Manute Bol (Please watch)

I used to be an English teacher at a Sudanese school. When I was a child, I used to see Manute Bol as an oddity and nothing more, but he has always been one of my favourite players. I was lucky enough to meet the man in 2004 and he is truly inspiring. Everyone has a cause, some greater than others, but only rarely do you get to see beyond the fascade of the NBA player. Watch this video and enjoy. This man deserves much respect (even if you still consider his ball career as a joke, watch it as a human being).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RM5gFqnOc
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #2
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Why I love Manute Bol (Please watch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
Terrible thread.

Judging by how quickly you replied, you didn't see the clip. Let's call a spade a spade, I agree with you when you speak logic, I don't rebut your posts without a reason. I actually have agreed and have aknoweleged that in recent times. Sure, we may be sparring partners, but you can't take away from a non self-serving guy in need. If Kobe was in a similar situation, I would not give you **** for it, I would give it consideration. Just so happens he isn't that type o' guy. By the way, why are you responding to a non-Kobe thread? Is it because I wrote it?
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:39 PM   #3
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

Great story, I don't know much about him, but he seems to be a great humanitarian.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation

Nice clip....

Bulls you're out of line here, you make less and less sense as time goes by..
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:00 PM   #5
The Answer
National High School Star

The Answer has decent reputationThe Answer has decent reputation

Nice find. I never realized that Manute, a great philanthropist, had never even heard of the US until the age of eighteen. The culture shock must have been truly unbelievable. With that said, it's absolutely remarkable he was able to have the successful career that he had.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: