Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #16
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Nets throw a strike to get Williams in game??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Jason Collins understanding of the game and the Nets system makes him superior to Williams.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BGSGarO22_o

"Does he score? No. Does he rebound? No. Does he block shots? No."
-Lawrence Frank
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #17
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
http://youtube.com/watch?v=BGSGarO22_o

"Does he score? No. Does he rebound? No. Does he block shots? No."
-Lawrence Frank
I said UNDERSTANDING not statistical impact. Statistical impact wise Collins could be replaced by a six year old girl and the Nets not skip a beat.

In terms of Understanding the game/system the only big on the Nets even close to Collins is Nenad Krstic who should be nicknamed Mr Glass.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:07 AM   #18
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
I said UNDERSTANDING not statistical impact. Statistical impact wise Collins could be replaced by a six year old girl and the Nets not skip a beat..

Correct which is why you dont need collins at all.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:08 AM   #19
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I said UNDERSTANDING not statistical impact. Statistical impact wise Collins could be replaced by a six year old girl and the Nets not skip a beat.

In terms of Understanding the game/system the only big on the Nets even close to Collins is Nenad Krstic who should be nicknamed Mr Glass.

I never said he didn't. If he's so good, he should be a coach rather than a player, imo.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:09 AM   #20
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wang4three
I never said he didn't. If he's so good, he should be a coach rather than a player, imo.
Can't argue with that.

Quote:
Correct which is why you dont need collins at all.
Incorrect because without Collins you'd have a bunch of bigs with almost no understanding of how to play basketball.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:53 AM   #21
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Can't argue with that.

Incorrect because without Collins you'd have a bunch of bigs with almost no understanding of how to play basketball.

Listen to this assessment by the nets coach."He doesn't score, he doesn't rebound, he doesn't block" Then going on to say no scoring is one of his best attributes. He can take a charge whoopdee****ingdoo. His basketball IQ is boiled down to what? Setting picks? Taking charges? Using up 3 fouls in 20 minutes? Real smart, that's the guy you give 5 minutes to at the end of the game when you're up by 20.

You would rather that over a guy who can
A:Start the break ON A ****ING FAST BREAK TEAM
B:Run the court and finish the break ON A ****ING FAST BREAK TEAM
C:Playing with the 3 of the best passing players on 1 team and can actually catch an oop. Rediculous.

Last edited by kumquat : 12-15-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 11:56 AM   #22
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Maybe it's because Sean Williams is a foul prone energy player who will be exposed as such if he's faced with heavy minutes.

I'm not a big Lawrence Frank fan but people are really starting to over-rate what Sean Williams brings to the table.

Agreed. Williams is the epitome of energy player. If he played 35 minutes, he'd be exposed as what he is....a rookie.

But he deserves 20 minutes off the bench...no question.
bagelred is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 AM   #23
kumquat
College superstar

I love it how Sean Williams is more foul prone than a guy he averages less fouls than.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:00 PM   #24
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

If your current bigs consist of Malik Allen, Jason Collins and Josh Boone, then yes, Williams deserve to play big minutes.
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:06 PM   #25
kumquat
College superstar

The stat matchup - both play exactly the same time
18.46mpg Collins
- 1.1pts 37%fg 22%ft 2.4rebs 0.7ast 0.4stl 0.4blks 3.0fouls
18.46mpg
Williams-6.8pts 56%fg 68%ft 4.7rebs 0.3ast 0.5stl 1.9blks 2.6fouls
Old 12-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #26
imwillzillla
I airball my layups

imwillzillla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If this is for real, Frank needs to be fired. This guy is blind... Williams is what the Nets need to win. Blocks and tenacity on the defensive end. Something the Knicks have also lacked since Camby was traded (Mutombo was too old when he played for us).
Let me get this straight. The team is tanking shots (pretty much tanking the games as well) because they want to play coach and get a player in and the COACH should get fired? Are you serious? If this is true, I hope none of those underachieving bums ever play for any team I cheer for. I've never read something soo outrageous in my life. Probably adds to why Jason Kidd sat out with a chick-injury last week. I bet even Isiah Thomas wouldn't stand for BS like that. Really screw those players.
imwillzillla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #27
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer
If your current bigs consist of Malik Allen, Jason Collins and Josh Boone, then yes, Williams deserve to play big minutes.
Minutes, yes. Big minutes, no. Big minutes means he'd have to spend more time cover the better interior threats so he'd see a huge jump in his fouls. Big minutes also mean opposing team could exploit his lack of understanding on offense by letting him receive entry passes and effectively kill a set by making the wrong decision.

For example, Nets run a "three man" UCLA set. The opposing team denies the pass from top to wing so the pass has to go to Williams on the high psot. When he catches the ball at the high post Williams immediately turns into the lane. The play just got killed because Williams doesn't understand the game.
Old 12-15-2007, 12:13 PM   #28
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
The stat matchup - both play exactly the same time
18.46mpg Collins
- 1.1pts 37%fg 22%ft 2.4rebs 0.7ast 0.4stl 0.4blks 3.0fouls
18.46mpg
Williams-6.8pts 56%fg 68%ft 4.7rebs 0.3ast 0.5stl 1.9blks 2.6fouls
Woah, I guess you could say everyone on this board is a better free throw shooter then Collins. We could kick his ass at a game of horse.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #29
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Sean Williams and Jason Collins should be splitting the minutes in the 5 spot right down the middle, 24 minutes each. Both bring something different to the table that help at different times in the game, but they are both valuable.

Josh Boone and Malik Allen should split the 4 spot too...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:29 PM   #30
sommervilleCdn
High School JV MVP

sommervilleCdn is considered somewhat coolsommervilleCdn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: cavs vs net..tank job??

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwillzillla
Let me get this straight. The team is tanking shots (pretty much tanking the games as well) because they want to play coach and get a player in and the COACH should get fired? Are you serious?

Soooo...
this is how rumours get started eh. Even when it "has no legs" to stand on, how do theses rumors travel so far then. (enuff cliches?)

Please watch the replay of the game in the link provided >> here <<

As far as I can tell, it seems like to me the players were in an offensive rut. As soon as Frank brought the kids in (S. Williams and boone) Of all miracles...these kids led the way. Their ability to put the ball in the basket provided immediate dividends for the nets. Something they sorely lack from collins "the greater".

I see no "tanking" job. Just some of you ppl using your imagination, and seeing something there, were there wasn't .

/thread ended?
sommervilleCdn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: