Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 06:50 AM   #1
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Nets throw a strike to get Williams in game??

Last edited by gencbiba : 08-11-2008 at 10:17 PM.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
dorellcookwade
I brick open layups

dorellcookwade has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Nets throw a strike to get Williams in game??

Ergh, it's obvious Williams is the key to the Nets at the moment, so why doesn't he play him, it's just common sense.
dorellcookwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #3
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Maybe it's because Sean Williams is a foul prone energy player who will be exposed as such if he's faced with heavy minutes.

I'm not a big Lawrence Frank fan but people are really starting to over-rate what Sean Williams brings to the table.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #4
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

wow? 15 layup bricks in a row, followed by 10 in a next game? So they missed on purpose for Spliff Williams or are they that bad at finishing?
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Maybe it's because Sean Williams is a foul prone energy player who will be exposed as such if he's faced with heavy minutes.

I'm not a big Lawrence Frank fan but people are really starting to over-rate what Sean Williams brings to the table.

exposed as such? everyone knows thats what he is, doesnt mean he shouldnt be in the game. and its not just him, the nets need him and boone playing heavy minutes or as much as they can provide. why wouldnt they play him if he is a 'foul prone energy guy'? he hasnt fouled out of a game yet this season so why not let him just play? hes got 6 fouls to give and hes only going to learn how to control his fouling when hes on the court. again i dont see why you think he shouldnt get minutes, because if you watch the nets you wuold know that they are clearly a more energetic team with him and boone on the court.

how is he being overrated when people are just stating that hes what the nets desperately need. no ones saying hes the saviour for the team or hes a dominating player on both sides of the ball, just that he can com in and mix it up with alot of energy, while blocking some shots and finishing around the rim - something the other nets bigs outside of boone have alot of trouble doing. whatever it is he brings to the table the nets badly need it
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

****ing children. I don't like Frank, but come on.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

I didn't intend to imply Williams shouldn't get ANY mnutes. I was simply saying the guy was becoming over-rated. Also, I'm not calling him over-rated based on this thread. It was based on the fact that people were gushing over this guy a few weeks ago.

People actually tried to say he was better tha Kenyon Martin was as a Net.
Old 12-15-2007, 09:56 AM   #8
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

Quote:
I didn't intend to imply Williams shouldn't get ANY mnutes. I was simply saying the guy was becoming over-rated. Also, I'm not calling him over-rated based on this thread. It was based on the fact that people were gushing over this guy a few weeks ago.

People actually tried to say he was better tha Kenyon Martin was as a Net.

well, i never saw people saying he was better than kmart was when he was a net but in any case only dilusional people would say that and you should know that considering williams has played in under 20 games - what rational person would think hes better than kmart already? anyways, they were gushing over him because of the way he ran the floor and blocked shots, and the fact that they havent had a forward do anything close to that since kenyon martin. so naturally they were excited, which would cause them to overexaggerate their view on him.
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:58 AM   #9
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeaaaman
well, i never saw people saying he was better than kmart was when he was a net but in any case only dilusional people would say that and you should know that considering williams has played in under 20 games - what rational person would think hes better than kmart already? anyways, they were gushing over him because of the way he ran the floor and blocked shots, and the fact that they havent had a forward do anything close to that since kenyon martin. so naturally they were excited, which would cause them to overexaggerate their view on him.
Overexaggerate... over-rate

Pah-tay-toe

Pah-tah-toe

Old 12-15-2007, 09:59 AM   #10
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

If this is true, I don't care who gets traded. I want my team back.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:12 AM   #11
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gencbiba
Was browsing around, and found this excerpt from another Nets site...

http://www.sportstwo.com/Thread/View...JERSEY/2048119

If this is for real, Frank needs to be fired. This guy is blind... Williams is what the Nets need to win. Blocks and tenacity on the defensive end. Something the Knicks have also lacked since Camby was traded (Mutombo was too old when he played for us).

This appears to be written by a fan on a message board.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #12
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

as opposed to what others bring....

speaking of foul prone
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #13
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

but for him not get any minutes at all is ridiculous...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:33 AM   #14
Da KO King

Jason Collins understanding of the game and the Nets system makes him superior to Williams.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:41 AM   #15
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

I'm watching the Nets-Cavs game right now, and Williams was a good part of their success. So was Vince with them And1's.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: