Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 12:04 PM   #16
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jose Calderon: 16 assists tonight

Considering Boston is a defensive team first I cant say for sure they start him over Rondo. Hes got better numbers but Rondo does a lot of little things a defensive minded team needs. Marbury is considered worse than he was but hes not getting benched for Calderon. Hes not starting over Mike Bibby(Who will be back in a week or so). Sam Cassell just depends on how the team wants to use them but hes still easily starter quality. Been hurt a couple weeks though. I dont think hes likely to start over Alston, James, and Francis and even if he did they arent all getting benched. He wouldnt play big minutes. Felton is a young point putting up 16/7 so its not like he sucks. Or Tinsley. Or Nelson(decent chance to start over Nelson though).

There are few teams hes a lock to start on. I can think of 7 hed have a good chance on. 8 tops. And on most of them hed be really splitting time. I doubt hed even play 30 minutes on the Lakers(can you really see Phil giving Fisher and Farmar a combined 18 minutes a game?). The Bobcats wouldnt give him all of Feltons minutes. More likely he backs him up or they split time evenly. He takes Jeff McInnis minutes I assume.

I dont think that right now any team starts Calderon and is happy about it. A team with a bad PG rotation would start him but be looking for a way to make him the backup.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 12-15-2007 at 12:09 PM.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #17
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Top 10? I don't see it. He's just outside it IMO

Nash
Kidd
Paul
D. Williams
B. Davis
Parker
Billups
Arenas
Ford
Hinrich

That's the top 10 to me. And if Iverson is playing PG, stick him in there over either Hinrich or Ford as well.

Still, I'd now take Calderon over guys like Andre Miller and Mo Williams. Not bad for a backup PG. Calderon is similar to Mo Williams but does everything a little bit better. They both suck massively on D but can really make an impact on offense.
im not an arenas fan so i take calderon over him, but thats arguable, but i'd rather have over ford or hinrich no doubt...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:44 PM   #18
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Calderon is DA MAN. He can def start on 15 kwaj get off the syrup.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:06 PM   #19
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Considering Boston is a defensive team first I cant say for sure they start him over Rondo. Hes got better numbers but Rondo does a lot of little things a defensive minded team needs. Marbury is considered worse than he was but hes not getting benched for Calderon. Hes not starting over Mike Bibby(Who will be back in a week or so). Sam Cassell just depends on how the team wants to use them but hes still easily starter quality. Been hurt a couple weeks though. I dont think hes likely to start over Alston, James, and Francis and even if he did they arent all getting benched. He wouldnt play big minutes. Felton is a young point putting up 16/7 so its not like he sucks. Or Tinsley. Or Nelson(decent chance to start over Nelson though).

There are few teams hes a lock to start on. I can think of 7 hed have a good chance on. 8 tops. And on most of them hed be really splitting time. I doubt hed even play 30 minutes on the Lakers(can you really see Phil giving Fisher and Farmar a combined 18 minutes a game?). The Bobcats wouldnt give him all of Feltons minutes. More likely he backs him up or they split time evenly. He takes Jeff McInnis minutes I assume.

I dont think that right now any team starts Calderon and is happy about it. A team with a bad PG rotation would start him but be looking for a way to make him the backup.

Calderon would start over every point guard you just named except maaaaybe Felton and that woudl only be because Felton is their "pg of the future" but even at that he is a better player than Felton and always will be. It's not like he is that much older that Felton 26 vs 23.

Caleron is a LOT better than Marbury, Cassel, Alston, etc. It's not really even close. Not that the other guys are bad pg's but Calderon is that good. Tjose teams wouddl have no choice but to eventually start Jose and play him big minutes. He would help all of them win games, its as simple as that.

I also think he is a better pg than Hinrich and woudl take him over Hinrich.

It's not hard to see how good he is...stats aside like his ridiculous 6 to 1 ratio and 7.9 assists per game in only 26 mpg you just have to watch him play a whole game. He is a floor general in the purest form. He can penetrate left or right, his head is always up so he can dish off of penetartion with ease, he knows how to hit the hot player, he has a good midrange shot and can hit the three (44%). Calderon's only weakness is his defense which is average at best, offensively he is a top 10 pg in this league. I can't imagine how good a team like Atlanta would be with Calderon at the point.

With TJ and Jose Toronto has a heck of a dilema but if i had to keep one it woudl be hard to argue getting rid of Jose.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #20
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

He's a good point guard. He could start on most teams in the NBA. Probably about 20 teams sounds just about right.

Jose Calderon > Stephon Marbury
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:15 PM   #21
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Only a retard would start Marbury over Calderon at this point, okay taking into consideration that Isiah is a retard, you are right.

Hawks
Lakers
Knicks
Blazers
Wolves
Sonics
Magic
Rockets
Cavs
Heat
Grizzlies

All these teams would start Calderon over their current starter, if they have a sane coach. A 6-1 AST/TO-ratio. Are you kidding me?
R.I.P. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:27 PM   #22
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
how many of you guys can admit that jose is better than your starting PG?

jose can easily start on 15 other teams in the NBA right now.

Andre Miller > Jose Calderon
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:57 PM   #23
Molson
Great young streetballer

Molson has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Andre Miller > Jose Calderon

I have always liked Miller. He is a great team first, pass first guy that understands his role, doesn't complain and just does his job.

But i can't think of one thing that he does better than Jose other than his post up game.
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:59 PM   #24
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
But i can't think of one thing that he does better than Jose other than his post up game.
Defense. Although Miller is no stud there himself.

But yea I'd now take Calderon over Miller too. Miller has the name and reputation but Calderon is a more effective player on offense these days.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:08 PM   #25
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
I agree with you awesome PG,every time the Celtics play the Raptors I think about the things he could for the Celtics off the bench.Yes,i am jealous
lebron23?
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:09 PM   #26
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
boston, ny, cleveland, milwuakee, indiana, orlando, atlanta, charlotte, miami, minnesota, seattle, lakers, clippers, sacramento, houston, memphis.
Felton and Bibby respectfully disagree. Tinsley and Mo Williams aren't big fans of the list either.

Quick question: Put Calderon in Deron's place in Utah, in an offense where he controls the ball and plays in a pick and roll offense with a great PF and shooters around him, what happens to the team? Obviously worse, but while I can't deny Deron is definitely the better player, I can't help but think Calderon would fill shoes like that quite nicely.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #27
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'd take Jose Calderon over Andre Miller. Andre's defense isnt that much better. He does take advantage of his size but I just like Jose's energy, enthusiasm on the court. He would fit in perfectly with the Sixers which is more of an athletic get up and down bunch. His defense can be masked.

Looks like Toronto wont ever let Jose go...especially with TJ Fords health.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #28
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They probably won't let him go for now since he can easily be kept (restricted free agent and not many teams with cap room). But it's not like Ford is on the verge of being a cripple or anything. The Horford hit was just bad luck. You take a big guy like Horford and smack most guards in the head in mid-air, you'll have a similar result. They are taking extra precautions because of his history but it doesn't seem too serious.

Bargnani could be headed the way of Darko. Very high draft pick that is struggling to get minutes on a good team, not that he really deserves them at this point. Imagine a Bargnani/Calderon package to bring in a big star player sometime in the near future? I'm sure there still are teams out there that would bite hard on Bargnani's potential.

Philly will be one of the very few teams with significant cap room this offseason but they still have Miller for now and Louis Williams behind him. They might also want to wait on that cap room for an Elton Brand.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:54 PM   #29
Phenomenon
Ball Above All

Phenomenon has an OK reputation so far

I am not even going to bother replying to kblaze's post, it was wrong on so many levels it's not even worth replying to.

You obviously haven't see Jose Calderon play much this season, you got it cemented in your head that he's a back-up PG because he isn't better then TJ Ford, but for some reason every Raptor fan that I personally know keeps telling me Jose is their best PG on the roster and that they should look to trade Ford & Bargani for another dependable big man...and I totally agree with that idea.

Quote:
Sam Cassell just depends on how the team wants to use them but hes still easily starter quality.

Sorry man that cracked me up, what's next you'd take Alonzo Mourning over Andrew Bynum because you personally haven't been exposed to Bynum's progress this season? Probably.

Oh and please don't mention Kirk Hinrich anymore, guy hasn't been half as good as Jose Calderon this season...it seems like everytime Jose plays significant minutes for Toronto he makes plays and racks up double digit in assists.

Jose is really a mini version of Steve Nash, he is effecient from anywhere on the floor, takes care of the rock and just knows how to set up his teammates.
Guy is a Manu Ginobilli at the 1 spot, in my opinion.
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #30
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
for some reason every Raptor fan that I personally know keeps telling me Jose is their best PG on the roster and that they should look to trade Ford & Bargani for another dependable big man...and I totally agree with that idea.

And have guys like Jamaal Tinsley light us up for 19/10 every game? No thanks, I'll keep TJ.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: