Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool
Default Seattle vs. Minnesota: Weird half...

26-11 first qtr. by Minny
30-13 2nd qtr. by Seattle so far

konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:16 PM   #2
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Seattle vs. Minnesota: Weird half...

Worst team in the league Minnesota (Garnett's old team) vs the second worst team in the league Seattle (Ray's old team), ironic?
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:22 PM   #3
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdmef9
Worst team in the league Minnesota (Garnett's old team) vs the second worst team in the league Seattle (Ray's old team), ironic?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/irony
no its not ironic
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #4
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan

Sorry about my team being able to surround Garnett with a winning environment, something your team wasn't able to do for him. I am very thankful, we are enjoying him very much.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Not ironic at all if you ask me

Irony is deliberately contrary to expectations. I would say that when you take two lottery teams and subtract their franchise player/all star, pretty much everyone expected these two teams to suck.

For them to be the two worst teams in the league is nothing short of anticipated and fully predicted.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 11:26 PM   #6
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

oops beat me to it.

Have the Celtics fan talk to you in two years when the Big Green are paying three, 30+ year old, players about $70 million total, with no championships, no young talent, and no hope for the future.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #7
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
oops beat me to it.

Have the Celtics fan talk to you in two years when the Big Green are paying three, 30+ year old, players about $70 million total, with no championships, no young talent, and no hope for the future.
bleh i couldn't do that. i love KG to much to ever talk bad about him
Old 12-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #8
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

Quote:
oops beat me to it.

I don't even think the current celtics are capable of a championship with the current roster we have so I am not sure why you are even bringing any of this up. Haha no hope for the future? I wasn't aware that the celtics got rid of Rondo, Davis etc. But yes you can come talk to me in 2 years because regardless of there record I will still be a die hard.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #9
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I don't even think the current celtics are capable of a championship with the current roster we have so I am not sure why you are even bringing any of this up. Haha no hope for the future? I wasn't aware that the celtics got rid of Rondo, Davis etc. But yes you can come talk to me in 2 years because regardless of there record I will still be a die hard.

Wow i have to hand it to you, I think you're the first "diehard" Celtics fan I've seen that has realistic expectations about the season and playoffs. Don't get me wrong I think that when it comes down to it, no team in the NBA wants to play Allen/Pierce/Garnett in a seven-game series and thats what the playoffs are all about.

And for the record, Rondo's going to be a good roleplaying, pass-first, point guard, but only that; a role player. And Davis??? Few almost-300-pound, 6'8", power forwards pan out in the NBA these days.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:39 PM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
bleh i couldn't do that. i love KG to much to ever talk bad about him

i take it you're from minnesota?? i grew up in minneapolis
Old 12-14-2007, 11:46 PM   #11
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

Quote:
Wow i have to hand it to you, I think you're the first "diehard" Celtics fan I've seen that has realistic expectations about the season and playoffs. Don't get me wrong I think that when it comes down to it, no team in the NBA wants to play Allen/Pierce/Garnett in a seven-game series and thats what the playoffs are all about.

And for the record, Rondo's going to be a good roleplaying, pass-first, point guard, but only that; a role player. And Davis??? Few almost-300-pound, 6'8", power forwards pan out in the NBA these days.

They can't afford one injury to any of there top 9 players in the playoffs or its over. I have high expectations for Rondo but that might be because I watch him play every game so I see the different parts of his game and know what he can do when hes on fire. As far as Davis goes, he is very overweight but if he make a goal of losing 30 pounds and follow through with it I think he can make a very good player out of himself. Even seeing him at 280 something right now he is very nimble and moves around the court gracefully for a near 300 pounder.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 PM   #12
twolvesfan
Banned

Quote:
i take it you're from minnesota?? i grew up in minneapolis
yes thats correct
Old 12-15-2007, 12:04 AM   #13
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

A battle between two 15-wins teams, that's interesting!
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #14
yeaaaman
Local High School Star

yeaaaman has decent reputationyeaaaman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
26-11 first qtr. by Minny
30-13 2nd qtr. by Seattle so far

the sign of two terrible teams
yeaaaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #15
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

the Wolves will be champs in 2012
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: