Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Randolph to the Wizards: A Trade Proposal

In your oppinion, would Washington be willing to accept this proposal?

Zack Randolph
David Lee

for

Antawn Jamison
Nick Young
Andre Blatche
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #2
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Randolph to the Wizards: A Trade Proposal

I'd take it... Hell... Antawn Jamison? Not to mention Blatche and Young who is only like 22.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #3
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation

I think Washington holds out for a pick.....

They all love Nick and Andre it seems.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:39 PM   #4
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Actually one of the best mock trades to hit this website.

The 'Zards wouldn't do it but as far as the players involved it is pretty realistic in terms of values.

Good job, Wrath.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

New York is such a mess. I can understand why nobody wants to take over the GM job.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Nick and Andray are too much. Actually, way too much. Zach is definitely the better and more impactful player over Caron, but the mere fact that he has such a ridiculously big contract for 3 more years after this one, whereas Tawn's ridiculously big contract expires this year is close to enough to make Jamison more valuable, given that they're both overpaid. It at least completely closes the gap between them.

And as much as I like Lee, he isn't worth giving up our two best young players who have both taken big strides this year when given the time.

It isn't horrible, but in the end, Zach Randolph isn't enough to get the Wiz over the hump into contender status, and that's the only reason Washington would want to do a youth-mortgaging trade like this one.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 PM   #7
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Zack Randolph
David Lee

for

Antawn Jamison
Nick Young
Andre Blatche

How about if we give you Etan and cash instead of Jamison?
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:47 PM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by apriorist
How about if we give you Etan and cash instead of Jamison?
Have to be a hell of a lot of cash...
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 06:48 PM   #9
kurupt
I hit open layups

kurupt has no real reputation yet.

if i was washington i would do this trade in a heartbeat,

if i was new york id think about it, but dont really like blatche so i dont know,
kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #10
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

I would love to get Lee but I know thats not possible so I would love to see him go just about anywhere so he can finally start on an ok team or atleast get out of the knicks organization and put his talents to good use.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #11
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

No.

I considered adding a long string of expletives but decided against it. just no. let's leave it at that. you're not getting our captain and 2 most promising prospects in exchange for a guy chronically incapable of making his team in any way better who is always injured to boot. no. and what the hell does New York need with Nick Young? are you serious?
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #12
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

The Wiz need to go the route of 'Tawn's expirer for JO or Pau. I've been saying that for forever. They'd be better off with a guy with atleast a lick of defense in the paint. I don't think JO would make them the best defensive team, but a far better one. Think of JO/Butler/Deshawn... pretty decent in the starting lineup and Haywood can block some shots too.

I know the Pacers are doing relatively well... but they're not going to do anything but lose in the 1st round keeping JO, if they even really make the postseason. They need to rebuild, and the expirer will help that.

As for Pau and Memphis, I really don't think Pau wants to be there, and the expirer would help them too.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #13
WillyJakk
Local High School Star

WillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected posterWillyJakk is a pretty well-respected poster

No way. Personally from what I'm seeing, Andray Blatche alone has much more upside than David Lee and the underrated Jamison for Randolph #'s wise may just be a wash. Arenas however would go nuts playing with Zach who would never pass the ball back to him or Caron for that matter.
WillyJakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:14 PM   #14
usdmef9
Celtics-Bears-Dodgers

usdmef9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyJakk
No way. Personally from what I'm seeing, Andray Blatche alone has much more upside than David Lee and the underrated Jamison for Randolph #'s wise may just be a wash. Arenas however would go nuts playing with Zach who would never pass the ball back to him or Caron for that matter.

I have to argue that, The reason Blatche is showing more upside is because he's not burried on the **** bag knicks bench. All Lee needs is a new environment and he will truley shine.
usdmef9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:01 AM   #15
Niquesports
Good college starter

Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath

Zack Randolph
David Lee

for

Antawn Jamison
Nick Young
Andre Blatche
Are you crazy Antawn is an all star the year before and was on pace last year before he got hurt Blatche is starting to show an up side and Nick Young is a beast in the making
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: